Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider III

Old 13-03-18, 09:12   #91
Boobandie

@Craig Michaels: Don't worry, I have the same version of the game everyone else does.

@HarleyCroft: I've been pronouncing it as aald-witch all my life as well, having only ever seen it written down. However I looked up the proper pronunciation before doing the LP to double check and found out I was wrong.

I've been surprising myself as well with the skill level for playing these. I seriously expected not to do the drill or timed puzzles in one shot, I remembered them being impossible when I was a kid. Yet now I can do them. Then again, I died in India to the super obvious boulder I knew was there.

I suspect the flare glitch has something to do with the "Set free hands" command in Lara's animations, as without a holstering/throwing animation the meshswap doesn't occur. I do it quite a bit in the Tomb Raider Level Editor to get cool screenshots of Lara shimmying around a corner with a pistol drawn.

Last edited by Boobandie; 04-12-19 at 04:59.
Boobandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-18, 22:23   #92
HarleyCroft

Agh, it took me so long to scrounge together the time to watch the most recent video and even then I could only watch half!
Such a shame really, this is one of my favourite ongoing threads and I get the feeling it will be discovered by more people once it's over! I'm really enjoying watching it unfold though, and getting to discuss it with the creator

-How did I not notice the gang members have a spikey fire club? Such overkill!
-The subway tunnel really is a lovely colour... the lighting in this game makes it (imo) the best-looking and most atmospheric TR of all time (Well, maybe tied with AoD)
-Total respect for figuring out the switch puzzle without a walkthrough The joy in your voice when you finally figured it out really brings me back to classic tomb raiding times
-Although I'm usually chock-full of information nobody asked for, the Chancer Lane Safe Deposit area and the spinning moon in the temple... I have no idea about The answers are probably very interesting though!

Anyway, I made it to the Masonic Temple (the second time, when you had the key. Nice editing job, btw) right after the zombie dog jumped out (lol ) and I'm hoping to finish the video soon!

Great job, as always
HarleyCroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-18, 00:01   #93
Dustie

Suggestion: you could upload your walkthrough videos also without the commentary, provided you kept the clean recordings. Some people prefer to watch walkthroughs without commentary, so that would make a nice addition to the content for your channel
Dustie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-18, 03:02   #94
HarleyCroft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustie View Post
Suggestion: you could upload your walkthrough videos also without the commentary, provided you kept the clean recordings. Some people prefer to watch walkthroughs without commentary, so that would make a nice addition to the content for your channel
Then watch a playthrough without commentary
YouTube is oversaturated with them
Old 18-03-18, 22:46   #95
Dustie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyCroft View Post
Then watch a playthrough without commentary
YouTube is oversaturated with them
What? I suggested that Boobandie could upload his walkthrough videos in versions without commentary because some people like to watch those and that would always increase chances people would find his channel and watch his content. It's not for me.
Old 19-03-18, 03:25   #96
HarleyCroft

^Sorry, didn't mean to come off as so defensive
Old 19-03-18, 18:06   #97
Dustie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyCroft View Post
^Sorry, didn't mean to come off as so defensive
That's OK, I wasn't sure what you meant, I didn't realize it didn't explain myself well in my original post
Old 22-03-18, 07:06   #98
Boobandie

For some reason I built this level up in my head as being a nightmare... that may yet prove to be true but so far I'm having fun.

@HarleyCroft: I am so happy you're enjoying it. It's a shame you're so busy, but then again, my release shedule isn't exactly every day.

@Dustie: I have not kept the raw gameplay video files so sorry, no commentary-less versions. But aside from that, this is a Let's Play, not a walkthrough. I don't intend it to be used a guide on collecting every item with the ideal route through each level, I've merely decided to collect all the secrets for my own achievement. I view this series as an experience of sharing how I play the game, and bringing you all with me. Nattering off about various facts I've collected from this very forum, and calling attention to quirks about one of my long time favourite games. You can see me fail and succeed through this labyrinth, trying to make you laugh along the way and bring back memories of your early playthroughs as I hit parts I've not seen before.

Last edited by Boobandie; 04-12-19 at 04:59.
Boobandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-18, 23:31   #99
fallenangle

Those 'British Museum' armed guards reminded me just how troublesome they were on my 'minimum damage', all secrets, default weapon + all kills run. It took ages to work out a technique for dealing with that one as you come out of the crawl space without getting hit.

When you do get past him and hide in the drop alcove at the end of the room he very rarely follows but on more than one occasion that resulted in a glitch. When you climbed up, took a shot and dropped back down before he could shoot back he started running around. That often resulted in him becoming embedded, half in and out of the wall above the crawl space exit. The annoying thing is he could still shoot you but he was immune to your gunfire.

Far easier, as shown, to use the Desert Eagle.
fallenangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-18, 04:05   #100
Craig Michaels

"Because there are spikes...

WHY THOUGH?

... is the main question to ask there."

Craig Michaels is offline   Reply With Quote