Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider II

Old 06-09-13, 17:05   #141
PaulD

as workaround for p2 issue, I suggest to use German or Italian tomb2.exe.
They both support English levels. And they both were released on the same date as buggy English file.

I may confirm the bug comes together with official Eng tomb2.exe and is not connected with my audio playback fixes.

I'm trying to find differences in German/Italian and English to understand why official English version has this bug.
PaulD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-13, 10:55   #142
Sardoc

Any estimates for T2gold patched exe?

The problem with the original gold exe is: even if the game runs (after all those compatibility modes and other stuff), the music always plays at maximum volume and can't be turned down (in-game control does nothing). It's really uncomfortable, especially in level 2.

I've tried using patched TR2 exe file for the gold, but it's not a long-term solution. While it works and fixes the problem with super loud music, it doesn't allow the player to choose the bonus level (doesn't unlock level selection after getting all the secrets), and also shows incorrect final statistics (9 secrets when there's 12).

Last edited by Sardoc; 07-10-13 at 11:57.
Sardoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-13, 04:17   #143
Sardoc

Any updates on the Gold exe?
Old 18-06-14, 02:24   #144
Sardoc

Sorry to keep bumping the thread, but has anyone heard from PaulD? It's been around 10 months, it kinda looks like the patch for TR2 Gold is abandoned?...
Old 25-06-14, 03:43   #145
noname

Someone already made one a few years ago, here's a link: https://mega.co.nz/#!1I0EEZyb!591uxf...gGIIiYq3UHo7TA (also works with unpatched tomb2.exe)

Last edited by noname; 25-06-14 at 19:05.
noname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-14, 14:18   #146
Sardoc

Yes, but the exe file I'm interested in is for the gold, which he said he would develop, but he's lost in action. Currently you have a choice:

either use the original gold exe and play with super loud music (that damn background noise in Fool's Gold!), because turning it down in the game menu doesn't do anything,

or use TR2's exe for the gold, which fixes the music, but adds a few potential problems. One is that the game only shows 9 secrets on the final statistics screen (there's 12 in the expansion) and doesn't unlock Nightmare in Vegas (hafta download Stella's save).

Also, there are a few bugs in Furnace of the gods, as in the wolves never wake up and just explode when you kill them, and the bears instead of dying just keep running into the walls. I suspect these bugs could be related to using original TR2's exe for the gold, and will test it using the gold's exe.

EDIT: This link you posted. Are these some source files to compile your own exe? Can't say I know how to do it. Unless these are just files to put into the .exe file location?

Last edited by Sardoc; 26-06-14 at 14:27.
Old 26-06-14, 14:41   #147
noname

There's no need to replace the exe, just put those files in the same folder as the exe.
noname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-14, 22:47   #148
Kirishima

I'm starting to think the backflip in low ceilings issue is actually a bug in the original exe. I have a demo disc of Tomb Raider 2 that has the first 3 levels fully playable (AOL disc version with Jungle TRIII Demo), and the issue is in this version as well.
Kirishima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-15, 19:23   #149
Ewerton Pires

Quote:
Originally Posted by noname View Post
Someone already made one a few years ago, here's a link: https://mega.co.nz/#!1I0EEZyb!591uxf...gGIIiYq3UHo7TA (also works with unpatched tomb2.exe)
I downloaded that patch, but it don't work on windows 10.
Ewerton Pires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-16, 16:11   #150
ZikShadow

A thousand apologies for the probably obnoxious bump, but i seem to have suffered an issue with the "fix".

When an audio is triggered, it doesn't actually stop where it supposed to end, it continues to play the entire thing including the rest of the audio tracks that wasn't meant to be in the part instead of stopping and going back to ambient tracks.

The TR2 music played at the start, the ambient noise in "The Great Wall" too, so the starting triggers were correct at least.

I picked up the first secret, it plays the secret tune (though a bit skipped at the start), but then it suddenly goes on to play 4 ominous music, before going "Skidoo" on me.

So i finish the level, got greeted by the level finish music correctly, but then it goes on to play outside tracks again.

I thought the multipatch was causing it, but since apparently they got it from here i'd figured maybe someone here can help me.

EDIT : Just tried Lara's Home, another skip at the start, after that Lara didn't stop after saying her lines, and goes on to say all the stuff she's not supposed to say outside the triggers.

Lara says about feeling free to explore after i left the Assault Course, but then the Temple of Doom sound from the end of Temple of Xian plays, what the hell?

Last edited by ZikShadow; 02-02-16 at 16:22.
ZikShadow is offline   Reply With Quote