Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Legend

Old 23-11-17, 06:20   #21
Sir Launcelot

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelCaesar View Post
I actually really enjoyed it. The most frustrating thing though is when the magic beam thing knocks Lara off the edge.
Yes, I lost Lara over the edge more than once trying to kill that last boss. I mean really, that was annoying. It felt like they deliberately set it up so Lara would take multiple hits pushing her towards the edge and not be able to recover and dodge.
Sir Launcelot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-17, 11:57   #22
Hazelphoenix

The game is split in two sides for me, literally. First half, I have really good memories and I still remember enjoying the hell out of Bolivia, Peru, Ghana and even Japan - yes, it’s very linear and nothing truly groundbreaking but the atmosphere got me there. I couldn’t even pick a favorite among these 4 levels, they are all on par for me.

Then the second half of the game lost its appeal a little bit, which is weird because I should enjoy a level like England that embodies everything TR stands for, yet it never really caught my attention like other levels did. The least favourite must be Kazakhstan anyway, never been a fan of military bases and similar stuff.
Hazelphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-17, 20:38   #23
dinne

*deleted*

Last edited by dinne; 05-08-20 at 13:26.
dinne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-17, 19:34   #24
King Ultra

My Favourite is Either England or Japan,but ill give it to england for the simple reason you raid an actual tomb,and there is a wicked fight with a giant serpent,also finding King Arthurs tomb under a tourist attraction in Cornwall was a pretty cool detail,and a little ironic,plus the level design is amazing,I love the room with the falling platforms you've got to traverse down

My Least Favourite is Bolivia Redux,its a run of the mill boss fight,nothing special,but it is fun,honestly the best thing about this level is the cut scene where Lara pistol whips Amanda.
King Ultra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-17, 04:59   #25
Sir Launcelot

^ I have to agree that the vast underground chamber that you have to traverse down is pretty cool. It had a bug going back up, though - if somehow you missed the bus as the elevator was going back up at the end, you were stuck for good. Should have been a lever at the bottom to bring it back down. Maybe with a couple of pissed off mercenaries on it.

What I really hated on that level was jumping over the fires. Apparently there is some sort of fps related bug that makes the fire much more deadly on modern PCs. I crisped Lara more than once on those stupid fire grills.

The serpent thing could have been better too, as a boss fight I thought it was pretty lame. I mean really, that serpent could have had Lara anytime it wanted, the way she had to run about within reach. CHOMP. Nothing left of Lara except arms and legs twitching on the shore.

Also, isn't there something sacrilegious about Lara raiding KING ARTHUR'S tomb? She's supposed to raid tombs from other people's civilizations. A modern equivalent might be Lara slipping into Queen Elizabeth's dressing room and stealing her crown jewels.

"Sorry, Ma'am, but I need the big diamond to raise a demonic African spirit that takes the form of a giant snake so I can choke the location of Atlantis out of it. Bit of a bugger all, wot wot? Say, these are posh digs. Say hello to Phillip for me, the randy old sod."

Sir Launcelot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-17, 14:43   #26
jajay119

Favourite; Ghana - it starts with a fantastic opening (one of the most memorable moments of Legend is the dive at the beginning), the level in general is one of the prettiest in the game, it has a good variety of gameplay and feels the closest to an older TR level with being confined to a releatively small space but revisiting certain points, the musical direction is top notch, it has the second most difficult gold relic puzzle that uses your brains and the boss fight with Rutland was well scored and would have been one of the most difficult to figure out had Legend not been a glowy hand hold fest in general.

Worst: Kazakhstan - it has some good moments overshadowed by to many bad ones. The opening is redo of Ghana in a different way, too much combat and the bike chase was just the worst think CD have ever done.
jajay119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-17, 14:59   #27
Patrick star

Quote:
Originally Posted by jajay119 View Post
Favourite; Ghana - it starts with a fantastic opening (one of the most memorable moments of Legend is the dive at the beginning), the level in general is one of the prettiest in the game, it has a good variety of gameplay and feels the closest to an older TR level with being confined to a releatively small space but revisiting certain points, the musical direction is top notch, it has the second most difficult gold relic puzzle that uses your brains.
What ? I thought it was the easiest Gold reward puzzle in the game , the trickiest one is -without a doubt- the one in Kazakhstan followed by Bolivia's .
Patrick star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-17, 18:28   #28
ozzman

favorites

Ghana
Bolivia
Peru
Tibet
Japan
England

least favorite
Kaz [dont know how to spell but not trying]
Bolivia Redux
ozzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-17, 21:29   #29
jajay119

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick star View Post
What ? I thought it was the easiest Gold reward puzzle in the game , the trickiest one is -without a doubt- the one in Kazakhstan followed by Bolivia's .
Kazakhstan wasn't hard at all; it was abundantly clear what you needed to do it and was really easy to do it Ghana took some back tracking and experimenting to find out how to get the relic which to me is more 'TR'.

Also, Bolivia's gold relic challenge isn't hard - it's cheap. You can only get it if you glitch a cutscene? Wtf? I'd say Peru's is actually the hardest cause you have to explore and figure out that there are more balls than you need and what to use them for - you don't even know the gold relic is there unless you experienment which is also the case in Ghana and why I consider them to be harder. You have to go looking for them. Unlike Bolivia and Kazakhstan which are in your face.

Last edited by jajay119; 03-12-17 at 21:30.
jajay119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-17, 21:45   #30
Patrick star

Quote:
Originally Posted by jajay119 View Post
Kazakhstan wasn't hard at all; it was abundantly clear what you needed to do it and was really easy to do it
I didn't say hard , just tricky . And no , it wasn't "in your face" because the golden reward was secretly hidden in an opening in the wall that cannot be seen unless faced directly from the other side , you had to figure out how to properly use the Tesla gun to place that platform in a certain high position , and create a way to reach it (again with help from the gun) , it was pretty great .

Ghana on the other hand ? it was as easy as TR2013's puzzles . as soon as you enter the room , you have the gate right in your face , I reached the pressure plate , stood on it , immediately realized that it must've been a key to the gate in front of it and the one on the ground , so I went down there and got the relic in a blink of an eye , and that's it . Even the "timed run" nature of it was laughably easy since the gate was re-closing only very slightly faster than a tortoise

The Peru one is great though .
Quote:
Also, Bolivia's gold relic challenge isn't hard - it's cheap. You can only get it if you glitch a cutscene? Wtf?
What are you talking about ?

Last edited by Patrick star; 03-12-17 at 21:57.
Patrick star is offline   Reply With Quote