www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures > Tomb Raider Films

Old Today, 09:04   #3811
Trenton
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
Is it overreacting to totally boycott Ready Player One after it pretty much stole Tomb Raider's spot?

I'm kidding.
Since Ready Player One actually has Temple of Osiris Lara in it I'm gonna watch that one and instead I'll boycott the TR film.
Old Today, 09:10   #3812
joona
Student

I am still pissed about the fact that we didn't get anything!
Well... how about New York Comic Con in October?
joona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:43   #3813
AimlessThunder
Archaeologist

By the way that things are going, they are probably going to premiere the trailer at a late night show, while Alicia is there promoting the movie.
Old Today, 12:25   #3814
Jorje Croft
Professor

in my opinion this is a really wrong marketing. I don't know how it is now in the universe but Lara Croft always was a big icon especially for our generation. I don't think she is less popular than any other comic book characters. So this movie really needs some advertising already to get random public's attention. JL teaser trailer was shown even on last year's comic con,which was horrible compared to new one but they still gave us hype . Every movie which is based on an iconic character starts advertising very early. Infinity war teaser was shown on comic con which comes in cinemas on May 4th.I'm not asking for full length trailer or anything but they could show us at least 20 seconds of teaser or something with epic music and tittle. It is a different genre but I really wish TR movie was as BIG as JL and Wonder woman is. Lara really deserves to be on top again. Some promotional merchandise would be cool too. finally we can get proper toys in 2017.
Old Today, 12:38   #3815
Tonyrobinson
Tomb Raider

I think we are probably asking too much to even get a decent film. Honestly I don't think Tomb Raider is going to be anywhere near as good as Wonder Woman. I think it will be a fun popcorn flick.
Old Today, 12:47   #3816
Trenton
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyrobinson View Post
I think we are probably asking too much to even get a decent film. Honestly I don't think Tomb Raider is going to be anywhere near as good as Wonder Woman. I think it will be a fun popcorn flick.
If that's what they are gonna give us then at least they could have gone all the way in with classic Lara and a brighter, more humurous world. Basically a reboot/prequel to the two previous Hollywood TR films.
Instead they seem to be trying to give us something more mature, gritty and serious inspired by the reboot games and by doing so they have to push that all the way or risk failing at both (not making a serious film serious and mature enough, but also failing in making it enough of a fun escapism).
Old Today, 13:19   #3817
PinkyPromise
Historian

Paramount marketing was better
PinkyPromise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 13:47   #3818
James_Rutland
Relic Hunter

I'm 100% sure now that the trailer will premiere at New York Comic Con which is in a month and a half. Not too long. Maybe it was just a little too early and they didn't want to show the trailer with not enough CGI work been done? They still could have done a small teaser but I guess they wanted to wow the audience with the first look.
James_Rutland is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 13:58   #3819
joona
Student

^ That sounds good. They better blow my mind with that trailer.
joona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 14:27   #3820
James_Rutland
Relic Hunter

I'm certain it will be there. If not I have absolutely no clue when they will debut the trailer. October leaves 5 months before the film releases and that's already quite late to kick in promotion for such a big title.
James_Rutland is online now   Reply With Quote