Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Old 28-06-17, 20:15   #1
Maverin

Post Fly hack

Hello,

does anyone know of a fly hack for this game? I know there are ones out there for every other tomb raider game but I couldn't find one for this game (or unfinished business for that matter). I did try myself to lock Lara in swimming with cheat engine but I've had no luck there either, only weird glitches.

I'm playing the ATI version without dosbox. I think it would be very lovely and useful if someone made this happen. For instance, I myself try to play the games with minimum use of walktroughs but then at the end of the level I do check if I've found all the pickups and I've encountered many times were I failed to achieve this. Going back to get them is often impossible because there are a lot of 'point-of-no-returns'. I then have to play the whole level again, assuming I had the luck of finding a save close the start of this level.

The level position editor I found on the internet sadly doesn't detect the ATI versions of the game..

Anyone? please?
Maverin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-17, 16:38   #2
Patrick Shannon

Maverin, I asked the same question about a year ago. And sadly, there just does not seem to be a flight cheat for Core's TR1.

And I still don't really understand why...

http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=215472
Patrick Shannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-17, 17:22   #3
TempleOfHorus

Default TR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverin View Post
Hello,

does anyone know of a fly hack for this game? I know there are ones out there for every other tomb raider game but I couldn't find one for this game (or unfinished business for that matter). I did try myself to lock Lara in swimming with cheat engine but I've had no luck there either, only weird glitches.

I'm playing the ATI version without dosbox. I think it would be very lovely and useful if someone made this happen. For instance, I myself try to play the games with minimum use of walktroughs but then at the end of the level I do check if I've found all the pickups and I've encountered many times were I failed to achieve this. Going back to get them is often impossible because there are a lot of 'point-of-no-returns'. I then have to play the whole level again, assuming I had the luck of finding a save close the start of this level.

The level position editor I found on the internet sadly doesn't detect the ATI versions of the game..

Anyone? please?
Fly cheat can be create for TR1, but we need modify exe.

And to position editor. You can find Lara position addresses with cheat engine in RAM (I think there are few static addresses and one dynamic address) and change Lara position in real-time.
TempleOfHorus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-17, 17:57   #4
Maverin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Shannon View Post
Maverin, I asked the same question about a year ago. And sadly, there just does not seem to be a flight cheat for Core's TR1.

And I still don't really understand why...

http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=215472
I see. There are some interesting things in your thread like the fly mode being present in the beta version. So it most definitely is possible to make a fly hack for this game, we just need someone who's got the skill and effort to make one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempleOfHorus View Post
Fly cheat can be create for TR1, but we need modify exe.

And to position editor. You can find Lara position addresses with cheat engine in RAM (I think there are few static addresses and one dynamic address) and change Lara position in real-time.
I have no idea how to modify an executable file. And I did find some pointers with cheat engine that determined the height of Lara, I was very hyped as i thought to have found a similar hack as the ones available for Legend or Anniversary but sadly, changes in the values only resulted in Lara being teleported to the nearest place on the map with that exact height (so she always remained on ground) and it was not possible to make her teleport trough walls either.
Old 01-07-17, 13:56   #5
Maverin

Bumping myself here because I've made some huge advancements, I showcase what I've managed to do so far. It's still nowhere near our goal but at least we are on the right way

So I've found how to make Lara swim in area's where she's not supposed to. That's great! There are many restrictions though.
- All textures disappear upon swimming above the water
- when swimming above ground Lara will fall back down and stop swimming (I've already found a way to disable this but that solution has even more unwanted side-effects)
- Sometimes when you try to swim above ground you'll notice there's an invisible barrier, swimming low near corners of that ground will solve the problem in some cases

I'll be looking further into this!

update: found a way to give Lara unlimited air by freezing the corresponding values

Last edited by Maverin; 24-01-19 at 09:23.