Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures, Shows and Shorts

Old 03-04-12, 02:59   #1
Tonyrobinson

Default Grey Rembert layed off from GK Films

The woman brought into GK Films for overseeing TOMB RAIDER has now been layed off. I don't know if we should be worried but they seemed to have got rid of her because she liked adaptions more than original content and if I remember correctly the man overseeing TOMB RAIDER for Lin Pictures left as well and we had no news after that and found out it was canned and the rights went back to Crystal Dynamics.

At this stage there doesn't seem to be anything to worry about however should we get a repeat o last times events and go without news eventually finding out about the cancellation this thread would be a good way to break the news easily.

I've fired a few tweets to GK Films and Karl and Meagan to see if they can say anything. Fingers crossed everything is okay.
Tonyrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-12, 03:14   #2
BigR4444
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyrobinson View Post
The woman brought into GK Films for overseeing TOMB RAIDER has now been layed off. I don't know if we should be worried but they seemed to have got rid of her because she liked adaptions more than original content and if I remember correctly the man overseeing TOMB RAIDER for Lin Pictures left as well and we had no news after that and found out it was canned and the rights went back to Crystal Dynamics.

At this stage there doesn't seem to be anything to worry about however should we get a repeat o last times events and go without news eventually finding out about the cancellation this thread would be a good way to break the news easily.

I've fired a few tweets to GK Films and Karl and Meagan to see if they can say anything. Fingers crossed everything is okay.
News like that really doesnt worry me.... I dunno who Grey Rembert is, but I doubt she knows more about Tomb Raider, or Lara Croft, than you or me.... shes not a producer, screenwriter, directer or cinematographer... so how bad could this news really be???
BigR4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-12, 03:16   #3
Tonyrobinson

Nothing major to worry about but given the person who over saw the last reboot left and then it was canned may suggest to some a re-occurance of the last events. Either way one of the crew members lost their job. Poor girl.
Old 03-04-12, 06:07   #4
aussie500
Golden

Quote:
Nothing major to worry about but given the person who over saw the last reboot left and then it was canned may suggest to some a re-occurance of the last events. Either way one of the crew members lost their job. Poor girl.
I would not worry, Grey Rembert was a senior Vice President of the company, she was not a crew member on the movie, they can always get another SVP. And if she was mainly in charge of book adaptions seems unlikely she would have stayed with Tomb Raider once it actually went into pre-production. Not sure how it works but a literature person should be able to take care of getting a script, which the project already has. GK Films keep losing money they will not last long enough to do a Tomb Raider movie. Although I am expecting Dark Shadows to do better, even if some of the fans are going to to be pretty irate about their take on things, it still looked good to me. Would have been nice if Tomb raider had got a mention though.

Last edited by aussie500; 03-04-12 at 06:20.
aussie500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-12, 17:43   #5
Tonyrobinson

To me Dark Shadows could go either way at the box office. I think the thing is that Gk Films need to rethink their release dates Hugo was dropped at the wrong time for such a big budget family movie. To be honest maybe this will actually kick start their urge to begin Tomb Raider soon to launch it as it's first franchise movie and live of the brand name. That is not to say that it won't flop even Graham has said he doesn't consider the first movies a flop and with the right marketing campaign this could be a good breadwinner for them and bring them in the younger audience.

Gk Films is an excellent company with great films but it doesn't scream Fox or Warner Bros. so this could be it's chance to go from an indie company to break the mainstream audience. They are already on the right track booking the Iron Man writers. With a bit of luck this could be similar to Lionsgate's success with Hunger Games.

Last edited by Tonyrobinson; 03-04-12 at 17:48.
Old 03-04-12, 20:47   #6
Trinity34
Golden

Didn't Graham King come from Warner Bros or was that Dan Lin? I forget.
Trinity34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-12, 22:56   #7
Tonyrobinson

That was Dan Lin.
Old 05-04-12, 23:38   #8
Trinity34
Golden

Quote:
Has anyone responded?
Old 06-04-12, 00:45   #9
Tonyrobinson

Not a soul.
Old 07-04-12, 13:32   #10
Trinity34
Golden

Quote:
Not a soul.
That's a bummer I just hope the script is not stuck in "re-write hell" like the first movie.