Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 07-09-12, 10:59   #4581
Larson_1988

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer B View Post
Yeah, that's the guy, lol. Have no idea who he is or why it's happening - there's just six of him so far. They all had the nerve to attack Shadowmere the other day... sadly I couldn't kill them, had to make a run for it.
He's annoying! I try not to do that quest where you steal Frost for him. haha

Quote:
I'll have to remember that tactic, lol. I'll really only summoned Durnehviir to help fight other dragons. But who's Odahviing?
Odahviing is a friendly dragon you'll encounter when playing Skyrim's main quest, but unlike Durnehviir he's not summoned, but called after. And he has the same shout cooldown time as Durnehviir.

Quote:
Nah, Siddgeir is as snotty as ever - although I swear the first quest he send me on is different to one I remember before - I thought he sent you to get some kind of mead, but he sent me after some bandits... I might just be remembering wrongly.
Ahh yes, i just found out. He didn't ask me to retrivie Black Briar mead now, he only question wether or not the rumours were true so he sent me straight to that bandit lair.

Quote:
I far as I'm aware buying land in Falkreath isn't glitched, I'm just not sure if you HAVE to get a letter from a courier about it first... I got a letter when I arrived in Falkreath, but not in Morthal or Dawnstar, with the latter two a land house/land purchase dialogue option came up after doing a quest for the Jarl.

The only real 'glitch' I've noticed is when your furnishing the house using the table thing inside the house... sometimes you can have already built stuff but it still shows up on the list - the way around that is to just exit the build list thing and them go back in, just do that as many times as needed, ususally it'll be ok on the second try though.

SAVE before you start though 'cause so far as I can tell as soon as something is built or furnishing bought it can't be removed. My suggestion would be to choose ahead of time what you want in a specific house before you build... for me it's:

House 1: Armoury, Trophy Room, Enchanters Tower (Falkeath)
House 2: Libray, Alchemy Tower, Enchanters Tower (Dawnstar)
House 3: Greenhouse, Kitchen, Storage (Morthal)

I don't see the point of the Bedrooms extension because the main hall upstairs has enough beds.
Oh, bugger! So you can't have an enchanting table and alchemy table in the same house anymore? You can in the city houses, but if you select a bedroom for the kids then the alchemy room will be removed, and vice versa.

Last edited by Larson_1988; 07-09-12 at 11:04.
Larson_1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-12, 11:30   #4582
Anja

Am i the only one that thinks that Skyrm isn't RPG enough? I mean in terms of combat and play styles yes it is a very good RPG.Though the thing that bugs me is your lack of freedom of choice, and the consequences of those choices. Also the things that you say don't have much impact on a quest.You can be rude or nice to somebody and they'll act the same towards you. And most of the time there is only one way of completing a quest. I am currently playing Fallout 3 and fallout NV and i believe these games captured a better RPG feel then Skyrm. In these two games the things you do have a greater impact on the ending result. And you often have to choose side (something that I think isn't very well constructed in Skyrm).Thoughts?
Anja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-12, 11:41   #4583
Summer B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larson_1988 View Post
He's annoying! I try not to do that quest where you steal Frost for him. haha
Ah, so that's who he is, I remember him now, lol.

Quote:
Odahviing is a friendly dragon you'll encounter when playing Skyrim's main quest, but unlike Durnehviir he's not summoned, but called after. And he has the same shout cooldown time as Durnehviir.
Oh, wait, Odahviing is the dragon you summon to Whiterun, right? I forgot about him.

Quote:
Oh, bugger! So you can't have an enchanting table and alchemy table in the same house anymore? You can in the city houses, but if you select a bedroom for the kids then the alchemy room will be removed, and vice versa.
Well, you can't in Breezehome anyway, I haven't tried with the house in Riften, and my house in Markarth hasn't been furnished yet. That said, if you build a house, build the Entrance and Main Hall because you can have an alchemy lab and enchanters table in the Main Hall - but you can't remove them later as I said, even if you build the Alchemy and Enchanters towers later.
Summer B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-12, 12:15   #4584
Larson_1988

Oh ok, that's fine. I'm probably not gonna get either an enchanting or alchemy tower, as long as i can have an arcane enchanter and alchemy lab in the same room then that's fine,

Oh, and can you replace stewards with other housecarls? I don't like the wanna be Alik'r woman in Falkreath, i'd rather have Lydia instead.

And yes, he's the one you capture.

Last edited by Larson_1988; 07-09-12 at 15:38.
Larson_1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-12, 12:57   #4585
Eddie Haskell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anja View Post
Am i the only one that thinks that Skyrm isn't RPG enough? I mean in terms of combat and play styles yes it is a very good RPG.Though the thing that bugs me is your lack of freedom of choice, and the consequences of those choices. Also the things that you say don't have much impact on a quest.You can be rude or nice to somebody and they'll act the same towards you. And most of the time there is only one way of completing a quest. I am currently playing Fallout 3 and fallout NV and i believe these games captured a better RPG feel then Skyrm. In these two games the things you do have a greater impact on the ending result. And you often have to choose side (something that I think isn't very well constructed in Skyrm).Thoughts?
I concur. Not only are they progressively removing choice from RPG's (on the whole), they are also eliminating role specificity and game mechanization's that were the very core of role playing games.

But I believe that gaming has reached a point now where oversimplification and catering to the lazy, inept masses has to end. I mean, how much more can they take away from these type of games and still call them RPG's?
Eddie Haskell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-12, 13:05   #4586
Anja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Haskell View Post
I concur. Not only are they progressively removing choice from RPG's (on the whole), they are also eliminating role specificity and game mechanization's that were the very core of role playing games.

But I believe that gaming has reached a point now where oversimplification and catering to the lazy, inept masses has to end. I mean, how much more can they take away from these type of games and still call them RPG's?
Glad I'm not the only one who thinks this
Also I'd like to point out that I love Skyrm and think it is a great game just not a very great RPG.
Anja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-12, 09:54   #4587
Summer B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larson_1988 View Post
Oh ok, that's fine. I'm probably not gonna get either an enchanting or alchemy tower, as long as i can have an arcane enchanter and alchemy lab in the same room then that's fine.
OK, I should clarify, they're in the same room (as in the main hall) but one is upstairs and the other downstairs, they're not next to each other.

Quote:
Oh, and can you replace stewards with other housecarls? I don't like the wanna be Alik'r woman in Falkreath, i'd rather have Lydia instead.
I haven't tried to be honest - but, there is an option to ask the housecarl/steward to 'follow' you again, what happens if you then dismiss them (go back to your house or where they originally came from) I'm not sure what happens, there's no 'you're fired' option anyway.
Summer B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-12, 00:35   #4588
trwerewolf

Look, I have a problem with animation, the dead are using the bow and magic, and we do not, I wonder what my problesma, because I can not use magic or bow?
trwerewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-12, 01:41   #4589
Miharu

Quote:
Originally Posted by trwerewolf View Post
Look, I have a problem with animation, the dead are using the bow and magic, and we do not, I wonder what my problesma, because I can not use magic or bow?
Bows are two handed for your character so you can't use magic. It's an interesting point though.
Miharu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-12, 09:03   #4590
TR FAN 18

49% on Metacritic. OUCH!
TR FAN 18 is offline   Reply With Quote