Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Legend

Closed Thread

Old 28-06-06, 12:36   #1
Crofty_Tomb

Arrow The Why I Hate Tomb Raider Legend Thread...

This thread is only for people that didn't like Tomb Raider Legend, I love tomb raider legend but i only want to find out why YOU dont like it, so spit out all the dislikes on TRL in this thread...
Old 28-06-06, 12:38   #2
Pablo.CT

Nice thread, I suppose this could be very Helpfull
Old 28-06-06, 12:39   #3
tha_mattster

There is already an official suggestion thread.

I would love a thread just to complain and ***** about Tomb raider legend but it wouldnt be very useful
Old 28-06-06, 12:42   #4
Crofty_Tomb

Lightbulb

This is for NO suggestions just why you didnt like the game...
Old 28-06-06, 12:44   #5
tha_mattster

Did I say official suggestion thread?

my mistake

I meant this other official sticky thread.

The owner of thse forums asked for reasons why we dislike and like TRL.

http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=66940
Old 28-06-06, 12:56   #6
Agent 47

hate is such a strong word don't you think?

here's the deal, i bought this game full in the knowledge it wasn't made by Core, i thought "whatever, give Crystal a chance anyway"

my own personal views are....

is Legend a good game? NO
is Legend a bad game? NO

for me it's in the middle ground, it's a game masquerading as a TR game, it has good visuals, the character models are well crafted,it lacked a certain spark that the previous games had, but for me it's not a pick up and play again kind of game, i completed it and will remain on my self awaiting the next installment, it was Crystal's first go at a global successful franchise, for me this particular title was aimed at the teeny bopper generation who obviously loved it....fair play to them, i sincerely hope Crystal get the balance right in the next game and really do cater for the long time fans......i will judge them then.

NOTE: i'm bitter about the cancellation of the Core TR AE game, at the same time i'm trying to remain positive about future CD TR games but i'll give them time to settle in so to speak
Old 28-06-06, 13:05   #7
Jonnipants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent 47
hate is such a strong word don't you think?

here's the deal, i bought this game full in the knowledge it wasn't made by Core, i thought "whatever, give Crystal a chance anyway"

my own personal views are....

is Legend a good game? NO
is Legend a bad game? NO

for me it's in the middle ground, it's a game masquerading as a TR game, it has good visuals, the character models are well crafted,it lacked a certain spark that the previous games had, but for me it's not a pick up and play again kind of game, i completed it and will remain on my self awaiting the next installment, it was Crystal's first go at a global successful franchise, for me this particular title was aimed at the teeny bopper generation who obviously loved it....fair play to them, i sincerely hope Crystal get the balance right in the next game and really do cater for the long time fans......i will judge them then.

NOTE: i'm bitter about the cancellation of the Core TR AE game, at the same time i'm trying to remain positive about future CD TR games but i'll give them time to settle in so to speak
Hey well said, agree completely...well, for me it is in the middle of good and bad but slightly towards the 'good' side. There is loads of room for improvement, let's just hope TR8 is brilliant.

Must say, these negative threads are becoming old now.
Old 28-06-06, 13:26   #8
Crofty_Tomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnipants
Hey well said, agree completely...well, for me it is in the middle of good and bad but slightly towards the 'good' side. There is loads of room for improvement, let's just hope TR8 is brilliant.

Must say, these negative threads are becoming old now.
Thank God! And i thought this forum would be filled with negative threads, (i decided to make one thread in all, LoL) Im qite happy now that the negative threads are going old!
Old 28-06-06, 13:55   #9
laras_2006

Default My Thread

My thread that is now closed was not a Legend Hater thread. It was a Legend liker thread. I mean't that if you hate TRL then you Hate TR1 as Toby had the main say in the redesign. If it was not good with him then it was most likely deleted.

Sorry to go oftopic but I could post this in my thread.
Old 28-06-06, 20:41   #10
IainOv

Hate is a strong word but I'm extremely disappointed with TRL because it was marketed as a Tomb Raider game, a nice enough game but not worthy of the TR label. I was ****ed off with AOD - but so was everybody so I thought TRL would be different, not so.

First grievance. Loaded it up on my PS2 only to find that the default buttons had moved the action and jump buttons - and the other configuration options were the same??? Anyone who has played TR1-5 on PS will be locked into X for action and Square for jump, a car manufacturer wouldn't swap the clutch and brake so why do games developers?

Second grievance. Wooly directional control, gone is the pin point accuracy and skill, now she spasmodically jerks through random 90 degree angles and who knows which way she'll jump off a pole/rope.

Third grievance. Linear gameplay, you're funnelled through one route around each level, where's the exploration?

Fourth grievance. Short game, it was over in no time at all. The same time it tooke me to complete 3 levels of TR1.

Plus points - nice graphics woohoo.
Closed Thread