www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > The Angel of Darkness

Old 23-02-18, 09:40   #721
TRJTA
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakamichi680 View Post
^that level is part of the Retexturing Project so it won't be released anytime soon.
Oh okay, are you and SLAYER still working on that or not?

Btw, do you think my bugsheets are useful? I tried my best to document every glitch there is.
Old 23-02-18, 11:02   #722
nakamichi680
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRJTA View Post
Oh okay, are you and SLAYER still working on that or not?
No, we aren't.

Quote:
Btw, do you think my bugsheets are useful? I tried my best to document every glitch there is.
I haven't checked them yet.
nakamichi680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-18, 14:56   #723
TRJTA
Professor

What are you up to right now? Last time you said you were in a really busy period. Is everything going okay?
Old 24-02-18, 15:05   #724
nakamichi680
Explorer

Quote:
What are you up to right now? Last time you said you were in a really busy period. Is everything going okay?
I think you're going a bit OT; if you want to chat with me use private messages or re-install Telegram.
Old 24-02-18, 21:30   #725
kietasvyras
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakamichi680 View Post
Ironically I managed to restore this effect while messing with the exe in cheat engine but I wasn't able to reproduce all the changes I made.
What a pity! I would loved to see that blood effect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesum View Post
^ I would also check where Lara's sunglasses should appear/disappear based on FMVs. I'm not sure though if it can be fixed..?

I think the easiest way would be to make Lara's sunglasses invisible for the entire Paris part, because she doesn't have glasses up to Werner's Apartment(EN_FLASH.MPG). Then Lara's glasses appear only in the last FMV, that is END.MPG, which means she was meant to have glasses in Prague.
Were not the sunglasses meant to be visible only when the option to increase Lara's brain power is enabled? This option would have allowed Lara 'to see' the environment better and give player clues how to solve the puzzles, which dialogues to choose and so on. Unfortunately that feature is removed from the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorXD View Post
I'd make the vest outfit wearable in Louvre Storm Drains. The moment she gets to the Louvre she should wear the normal camouflage pants throughout the entire section until Werner's apartment. We never see Lara actually going into the building just the apartment, so it wouldn't be so distracting if on her way up she took the vest out of her backpack and started wearing it.

I think this is the only way where there are no continuity errors. Removing it in LSD would be even better, but I honestly think it is a bad decision since the outfit really fits the tone and feel of the level.
I agree with everything you wrote apart from vest being worn in Louvre Storm Drains. It would feel very disconnected if she suddenly would not be wearing after opening the door to Louvre Galleries.

Last edited by kietasvyras; 24-02-18 at 21:55.
kietasvyras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-18, 08:00   #726
Caesum
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by kietasvyras View Post
Were not the sunglasses meant to be visible only when the option to increase Lara's brain power is enabled? This option would have allowed Lara 'to see' the environment better and give player clues how to solve the puzzles, which dialogues to choose and so on. Unfortunately that feature is removed from the game.
Where have you found that info? Never seen it before and tbh I highly doubt it would have been used liket that. The only power-up related info that I know of are all about Lara's amulet and physical strength, not mental.
Caesum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-18, 02:22   #727
kietasvyras
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesum View Post
Where have you found that info? Never seen it before and tbh I highly doubt it would have been used liket that. The only power-up related info that I know of are all about Lara's amulet and physical strength, not mental.
There should be an article that more or less explains how this would have worked somewhere. I cannot find it now because there is so much information that this scattered everywhere and I have spent over a hour already trying to find it. And would take a lot of time and effort to remember exactly what was written there and then to write it again and explain it too but to tell it short there should have been at least 3 different upgrades: jumping ability, brainpower and upper body strength. It even still says that in the description of the game:
Quote:
You are rewarded for puzzle solving and exploration in the form of improvements to Lara´s jumping ability, brainpower, upper body strength, and more.
https://store.eu.square-enix.com/uk/...ss-pc-download
The player could kind chose what to upgrade. For example, if you would be taking longer routes to finish levels early in the game and, consequently, running more, you would get jumping upgrades that would allow you jump further and also to sprint. Therefore jumping upgrades would allow you to reach areas that would be otherwise inaccessible and also to complete levels later in the game faster. But if you would be taking shorter routes early in the game, you would not get jumping upgrades and later in the game you would have to take longer routes to complete the levels and you would get jumping upgrades anyway this way later in the game. The same with brain power. If you would be solving puzzles without any clues early in the game, you would get brain power upgrades that would allow Lara to give you clues how to solve puzzles later in the game. And if you would be using clues to solve puzzles early in the game, you would not be given any clues from Lara later in the game so you would have to solve the puzzles without any clues and get brain power upgrades this way. Or something like this. What I understood from the article is that it would have been a very complicated system and you could not only choose 1 thing to upgrade, you would need to get different upgrades in order to progress in the game. Those upgrades were meant to have a much bigger role in the game for sure. This has already been comfirmed in Core Design interview from Egde magazine:
Quote:
Things like the character progression - the ‘I feel stronger’ when she pushes boxes - that was just the last stage of a much more complicated system which got cut out.”
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=69269

If anyone knows that article I was talking about, please share the link.

I think some unused notebook clues Lara would give in the still hidden in text file:
Quote:
Get into the Louvre via the sewers network (Louvre Storm Drains)
Use the maps from the pawnbrokers to find the weak points. (Louvre Storm Drains)
Shut off the water to get through. (Louvre Storm Drains)
Escape from the Louvre via the toilets. (Galleries Under Siege)
Switch the power on (Aquatic Research Area)
Refer to field notes for diagram of the lock mechanism. (The Archeological Dig)
Find the 2 missing symbols. (The Archeological Dig)
Assemble the 4 elements to unlock the engine gate. (The Hall Of Seasons)
Match the symbols to unlock the 4 element realms. (The Hall Of Seasons)
Return to the Great Hall. (The Hall Of Seasons)
Brother Obscura guards the painting. Find him. (The Hall Of Seasons)
The light of truth reveals the true painting. (The Hall Of Seasons
Weaken the guardian to take the painting. (The Hall Of Seasons)
Not
Required
This creature is deadly. (Aquatic Research Area)
Beware of the water. (Aquatic Research Area)
Turn the power on first. (Aquatic Research Area)
The exit lies underwater. I need to distract the creature. (Aquatic Research Area)
Activate the lift mechanism. (Aquatic Research Area)
I have to risk it underwater, the power switch is below. (Aquatic Research Area)
Pull the feeder crate over to the lift. (Aquatic Research Area)
Find the other power switch. (Aquatic Research Area)
Need the scuba gear. (Aquatic Research Area)
Open the heavy doors to enter the vault tunnels. (Aquatic Research Area)
It’s a Razorjaw, a mutant sea creature. Extremely deadly and hostile. (Aquatic Research Area)
Lower the lift into the water. (Aquatic Research Area)
Get the Great Engine working. (The Hall Of Seasons or at the end of Eckhardt's Lab)
There is also an unused texture with faces that would probably act as a clue when would choose dialogue answers?

Last edited by kietasvyras; 27-02-18 at 02:25.
Old 27-02-18, 12:45   #728
KIKO
Relic Hunter

That sounds neat! I would have loved to see how that would've worked out. And let's not forget this was all connected to the Amulet which Lara could use to check on her strength upgrade levels.

Quote:
Lara: My strength is returning. The amulet will show how much.
Lara: I'll use the amulet.
From text files

Last edited by KIKO; 27-02-18 at 12:46.
KIKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-18, 21:55   #729
kietasvyras
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIKO View Post
That sounds neat! I would have loved to see how that would've worked out. And let's not forget this was all connected to the Amulet which Lara could use to check on her strength upgrade levels.

From text files
Yes, the amulet would have definitely been a part of this system and that deleted FMV with the Shaman would have made more sense too because the Shaman asks Lara to remember the amulet and use her strength wisely.

There are also these amulet entries in the text file.

Quote:
Lara's Amulet
and
Quote:
To access the state of your strength, health and upgrades.
As I understand these are for the earlier inventory because if you pick up the amulet in the game using cheats it appears in the inventory described only as 'Amulet Secret Item'.

I am not sure if the sunglasses were somehow connected to this system and if they were mentioned in that article but it was written something like using her brain power Lara could 'see' her environment better so I thought maybe sunglasses were meant to be some kind of indication when Lara's brain power is enabled that Lara will be now giving player clues and spoiling the gameplay? They appear and disappear in the game so many times and so mysteriously that it looks like they were an optional attribute rather than part of some outfit or for some particular levels. Of course they would have looked really funny with the swimsuit but who knows as that aqua - lung looks funny in her mouth too when she is not in the water or maybe with swimsuit she would be wearing aqua - lung glasses.

Last edited by kietasvyras; 27-02-18 at 22:25.
Old 10-03-18, 23:40   #730
nakamichi680
Explorer

Tomb Raider - The Angel of Darkness Animation Exporter v. 1.1 is out!