www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 19-07-18, 12:06   #311
NoahCrofRaider
Professor

Wow, I just finished Underworld yesterday too. Thatís basically the end of my marathon. I think I might actually go back and play through the Gold expansions again, but the main course of my marathon is over. It was loads of fun, and I think I would definitely like to do this again sometime.

And now, Shadow is coming out in roughly two months. Canít wait.
Old 19-07-18, 12:10   #312
Jamise_Croft
Historian

I've finally finished AOD for the first time and it's was amazing, this game is soooo underated, the only thing it's that the controls are so poor but the experience was unforgettable
Old 19-07-18, 12:12   #313
NoahCrofRaider
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamise_Croft View Post
I've finally finished AOD for the first time and it's was amazing, this game is soooo underated, the only thing it's that the controls are so poor but the experience was unforgettable
I hear you. I just recently played AoD for the first time, and I was just in awe of how great it was.
Old 19-07-18, 12:20   #314
Princess_Paige
Professor

Quote:
I liked the story and atmosphere in AOD, however it has the incarnation of Lara I like the least. From Chronicles onwards Core Design started turning Lara into a bitch, and not the likeable kind. She was nasty to almost everyone and everything she said pissed me off. The whole interaction she has with Zip in Chronicles is where it started I think. After AOD I actually really disliked Lara for ages until Legend came out. All of this is subjective of course.
Old 19-07-18, 12:40   #315
Lord Lulu
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahCrofRaider View Post
Wow, I just finished Underworld yesterday too. Thatís basically the end of my marathon. I think I might actually go back and play through the Gold expansions again, but the main course of my marathon is over. It was loads of fun, and I think I would definitely like to do this again sometime.

And now, Shadow is coming out in roughly two months. Canít wait.
It was fun. Helped cement my feelings that the classics are the better games. I may do it again a year from now. But I started a new game in Skyrim.

Quote:
I agree. If they had the time to finish it would have been even better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess_Paige View Post
I liked the story and atmosphere in AOD, however it has the incarnation of Lara I like the least. From Chronicles onwards Core Design started turning Lara into a bitch, and not the likeable kind. She was nasty to almost everyone and everything she said pissed me off. The whole interaction she has with Zip in Chronicles is where it started I think. After AOD I actually really disliked Lara for ages until Legend came out. All of this is subjective of course.
I like Lara in AOD. I can see how you wouldn't like her though. I think Lara in 2013 and Rise is the worst. She is Lara in name only.
Old 19-07-18, 12:50   #316
Princess_Paige
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Lulu View Post
It was fun. Helped cement my feelings that the classics are the better games. I may do it again a year from now. But I started a new game in Skyrim.

I agree. If they had the time to finish it would have been even better.

I like Lara in AOD. I can see how you wouldn't like her though. I think Lara in 2013 and Rise is the worst. She is Lara in name only.
I can understand that, although I’m waiting to see what happens in Shadow. I could understand why she’s different in TR13 and Rise as their supposed to be prequels of sorts so it makes sense. I’m liking what I’m hearing about Lara being more sarcastic in Shadow so will wait to judge until i play it.
In regards to Chronicles and AOD it was like Lara switched personalities, she went from being sarcastic and sassy to being a total bitch
Old 21-07-18, 00:35   #317
Lily.J
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess_Paige
I agree.

When I think of Lara Croft, I think of a wisdom, a smile and an ironic remark.

And less often to a grimace, a grinding subliminal insult or an impatient.

Although I would like her to subtly embody these two criteria, basically.
Lily.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-18, 00:03   #318
Leon2703
Archaeologist

Just finished Chronicles and Iíve got to say it is not nearly as bad as I remember. I quite liked it in fact, except for Red Alert, that level can rot in hell. But overall, itís a good game.

I will soon start AOD and I am so excited, itís been a while since I last played it, although, I have to install all of the fixes and whatever cuz I got a new pc

I donít think I will be able to play LAU tho, I want to replay TR13 and Rise before Shadow comes out, so I donít think I will have the time, but I will try... maybe just the LA part actually.
Old 28-07-18, 00:47   #319
NoahCrofRaider
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon2703 View Post
Just finished Chronicles and Iíve got to say it is not nearly as bad as I remember. I quite liked it in fact, except for Red Alert, that level can rot in hell. But overall, itís a good game.

I will soon start AOD and I am so excited, itís been a while since I last played it, although, I have to install all of the fixes and whatever cuz I got a new pc

I donít think I will be able to play LAU tho, I want to replay TR13 and Rise before Shadow comes out, so I donít think I will have the time, but I will try... maybe just the LA part actually.
When I replayed Underworld for this marathon, it was actually better than I remembered. The music was much more enjoyable, the combat was way more fun, and I enjoyed the graphics and Laraís character even more.
Old 28-07-18, 10:42   #320
Fantasy
Explorer

Iím still struggling with TR III... the London levels bore me to death.
Fantasy is offline   Reply With Quote