www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 16-07-18, 13:17   #11
Yeauxleaux
Relic Hunter

I do think more variety of locations is needed. Not just in the type of place Lara is "raiding", but also in colour scheme. I do think Shadow is doing much better bringing in brighter colours, especially with the environments, but a lot of the ruins we're seeing are still looking quite monotone grey/brown to me. I really want to see them break that, and not be so scared of bringing some colour back into these ruins.

However at the same time, she does still need to visit quite a lot of these dark and crumbly looking old tombs. Without those, that takes the "tomb" element out of it.

Comments on Lara I mostly agree with, apart from the sonic screw driver (wtf she's not Doctor Who) and her ever saying anything like "ahhh hellz yeah". She's an upper class British woman, not an American college frat bro.
Old 16-07-18, 18:26   #12
JuditePrince12
Explorer

There's still hope for Trinity's headquarters. Which is suspected to be connected to the Vatican.
Old 16-07-18, 18:36   #13
NoahCrofRaider
Professor

I do want a variety of locations and some more of Sam (and the Endurance crew), yes. I would also like if Lara’s hair was more auburn again, as it’s more unique. But everything else I’d like to stay. A sonic screwdriver, no offense, sounds like it’s straight out of a Doctor Who episode.
Old 16-07-18, 19:03   #14
tomblover
Tomb Raider

As much as I would love to see urban settings in future games, I feel like, with the current track record, it would be too hard for them to create gameplay in such streamlined spaces.

It already seems to be very difficult for them to make the comparatively "flexible" tomb/temple/crypt/whatever settings that interesting -- whereby, any urban setting is likely to turn pretty much into a cinematic (at best) corridor...

Of course, maybe if EM hit it out of the park, that way, with SOTTR, and get to take over the franchise, I'll have to eat my words -- and gladly at that -- but we'll have to see first.

Last edited by tomblover; 16-07-18 at 19:05.
tomblover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-18, 19:38   #15
Legends
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathrynnn View Post
Same. This is why the location of Rise got a bit dull after a while, in my opinion. It was just a lot of snow. (And yes, I know there were other places that weren't covered in snow, before someone comes at me). I like a variety so I do hope we get a broader spectrum of locations eventually.
I agree. I kept waiting for the "next" new scenery in Rise that never came. I wouldn't mind an urban location either in the future. I hope Shadow has more to offer than "one big" jungle stage.
Legends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-18, 19:39   #16
Samz
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legends View Post
I agree. I kept waiting for the "next" new scenery in Rise that never came. I wouldn't mind an urban location either in the future. I hope Shadow has more to offer than "one big" jungle stage.
Nah, you'll have the Jungle, but also Trinity camps IN the Jungle!, people expect the Vatican, which wouldn't surprise me since the Reboot likes being Linear as possible, so they would probably make a level in the Vatican that is literally just hallways of cover shooting, they already did it with sections like Escaping with Jacob from Trinity in Rise.

Last edited by Samz; 16-07-18 at 19:42.
Samz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-18, 19:59   #17
Legends
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samz View Post
Nah, you'll have the Jungle, but also Trinity camps IN the Jungle!, people expect the Vatican, which wouldn't surprise me since the Reboot likes being Linear as possible, so they would probably make a level in the Vatican that is literally just hallways of cover shooting, they already did it with sections like Escaping with Jacob from Trinity in Rise.
Probably.
Legends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-18, 20:06   #18
kathrynnn
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legends View Post
Mhm. The jungle appeals to me as long as it's nice and lush, but I still want something else to sort of give the game that bit of variety it needs in the location department.
Old 16-07-18, 20:46   #19
Error96
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WitchBlade View Post
Guys it's either my idea or the same old same old. you gotta pick one
I am with you WitchBlade. High five. More varied locations and classic style attire option to make Lara look cool again sound great.
Old 16-07-18, 20:49   #20
WWETombRaider
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuditePrince12 View Post
There's still hope for Trinity's headquarters. Which is suspected to be connected to the Vatican.
Trinity headquarters which should be situated in London and have Lara infiltrate it through the rooftops on a dark rainy night. And then off to the Vatican. I want Lara to explore some giant secret basilica with a complex system of underground tombs.
WWETombRaider is offline   Reply With Quote