www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 18-07-18, 14:27   #21
Vaskito
Professor

I won't mind a switch back and forth between the two.
Either CD TR game -> Eidos TR game -> CD TR game, or simply both colaborating for future iterations
Vaskito is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-18, 14:30   #22
jajay119
Tomb Raider

Personally I think it’s time CD moved on: both for them and for us. They’re and enormously talented studio and I think they deserve a chance to make a new game IP where their creativity and design style can be fully appreciated without the expectations of living up to ‘what it means to be a Tomb Raider game’ and not delivering on that in many ways with each game. It would be very refreshing for them and EM seem very capable of pulling things in the right direction. I’m sure CD will continue to work on TR but I think the days of them being sole developer are gone.
Old 18-07-18, 14:52   #23
biscuits
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jajay119 View Post
Personally I think it’s time CD moved on: both for them and for us. They’re and enormously talented studio and I think they deserve a chance to make a new game IP where their creativity and design style can be fully appreciated without the expectations of living up to ‘what it means to be a Tomb Raider game’ and not delivering on that in many ways with each game. It would be very refreshing for them and EM seem very capable of pulling things in the right direction. I’m sure CD will continue to work on TR but I think the days of them being sole developer are gone.
I think it's for the best as well. For nearly 12 years they've been working on nothing but Tomb Raider games. Let that sink in.
Developers shouldn't be subjected to that. You can tell that they're a bit burnt out with the series.
biscuits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-18, 14:55   #24
Dustie
Relic Hunter

visa Versace

I doubt CD's failure with the Avengers game would break the company, they'd just go look for a different game to make.
Dustie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-18, 14:55   #25
Vaskito
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuits View Post
I think it's for the best as well. For nearly 12 years they've been working on nothing but Tomb Raider games. Let that sink in.
Developers shouldn't be subjected to that. You can tell that they're a bit burnt out with the series.
Devs change all the time though. Many people who worked on TR2013, didn't work on Rise, etc. The teams are always changing
Old 18-07-18, 14:57   #26
biscuits
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaskito View Post
Devs change all the time though. Many people who worked on TR2013, didn't work on Rise, etc. The teams are always changing
True. But that doesn't change the fact that the studio has been producing nothing but Tomb Raider games for more than a decade.
Old 18-07-18, 15:03   #27
Mani_Man
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuits View Post
True. But that doesn't change the fact that the studio has been producing nothing but Tomb Raider games for more than a decade.
And?
There is not problem with this whatsoever.
The games so far have maintained a high quality, sold well and are criticaly acclaimed.
So why should they from a factual standpoint change anything?
Mani_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-18, 15:06   #28
Vaskito
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mani_Man View Post
The games so far have maintained a high quality
Yep, I agree. Rise has so much love and detail poured into it. TR2013 was good, and Rise was amazing in quality. The only CD game that I felt was lacking quality was Underworld, for how buggy it is, and it feels kinda rushed (I still love the game, regardless)
Old 18-07-18, 15:23   #29
Moon-Safari
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaskito View Post
I won't mind a switch back and forth between the two.
Either CD TR game -> Eidos TR game -> CD TR game, or simply both colaborating for future iterations
I don't like that switching hands thing too much. Look at all the progress that was lost from AOD to legend and even from Anniversary to Underworld. Tomb raider won't survive with that many hands in the pot. If Em does 2 games and gives it back to CD I think that would be best.
Old 18-07-18, 15:28   #30
biscuits
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mani_Man View Post
And?
There is not problem with this whatsoever.
The games so far have maintained a high quality, sold well and are criticaly acclaimed.
So why should they from a factual standpoint change anything?
I'm not saying the games suffered in quality at all. What I'm saying is that a varied portfolio is really good for a studio.