www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 19-07-18, 15:07   #1
Moon-Safari
Relic Hunter
 
Moon-Safari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: New York City Gender: Male
Posts: 8,028
Default Making Lara's Body Hyper Realistic

Cd has given Lara a very realistically curvy body. They've embraced a body-conscious approach to character development. But why stop at just her realistically sized waist? Why not make her shirt get sweat stains on her back and chest. Make her face sweat when she jumps around a lot. Make her nipples show when it's cold. Make her hair frizz when she's in a humid environment and flatten and stay when when she gets out of the water.

If Lara's realistic figure is truly about making her more true to life and not just some social justice posturing, then they won't just stop there. They will be consistent in bringing Lara's physicality to life and making her a living breathing simulation of a living breathing organism.

Mods can you move this to Shadow section please.
__________________
Crawl through the world's cracks and reach through time to retrieve the secret.

Last edited by Moon-Safari; 19-07-18 at 15:11.
Moon-Safari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-18, 17:49   #2
Dennis's Mom
Moderator
 
Dennis's Mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Houston Area
Posts: 13,973
Default

I would rather they put more effort in making the game more interesting.

I didn't mind Lara's original figure; IMO it was a bit misogynistic to change it. But her figure had become a distraction from the game itself, so I understand why they went for a more unremarkable body type.
__________________
What happened to civility? You labeled it ďpolitical correctnessĒ and decided it was something bad.
Dennis's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-18, 17:51   #3
Samz
Professor
 
Samz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Helheim
Posts: 2,886
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moon-Safari View Post
Cd has given Lara a very realistically curvy body. They've embraced a body-conscious approach to character development. But why stop at just her realistically sized waist? Why not make her shirt get sweat stains on her back and chest. Make her face sweat when she jumps around a lot. Make her nipples show when it's cold. Make her hair frizz when she's in a humid environment and flatten and stay when when she gets out of the water.

If Lara's realistic figure is truly about making her more true to life and not just some social justice posturing, then they won't just stop there. They will be consistent in bringing Lara's physicality to life and making her a living breathing simulation of a living breathing organism.

Mods can you move this to Shadow section please.
LAU had her get covered in dirt when you rolled around alot and wet when you went in water.

"Make her nipples show when it's cold"
oh....
__________________
"What does it mean to be a Tomb Raider?,It means to collect artifacts for sport"
Samz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-18, 17:54   #4
2001LC20
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Lothric
Posts: 6,803
Default

Anddd i was just thinking what else can surprise me from some TRF members! Okay now we want Lara's nipples? Seriously? Good lord!!!

Also what do you mean by "when it's cold"?

Last edited by 2001LC20; 19-07-18 at 17:58.
2001LC20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-18, 17:58   #5
Legends
Tomb Raider
 
Legends's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 16,725
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moon-Safari View Post
Make her nipples show when it's cold.
Lol, not likely to happen. Old Lara ha her ways, but Laura...

...but the rest of it is kind of nice. Make her more realistic, sure.
Legends is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-18, 17:58   #6
New Dwight
Archaeologist
 
New Dwight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 1,919
Default

Just put the woman in shorts classic skin and call it good.
__________________
強く>弱い
New Dwight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-18, 17:58   #7
NoahCrofRaider
Professor
 
NoahCrofRaider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: United States
Posts: 4,920
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2001LC20 View Post
Anddd i was just thinking what else can surprise me from some TRF members! Okay now we want Lara's nipples? Seriously? Good lord!!!
TRF is generally unpredictable.

To answer the OPís question, Iím satisfied with Laraís body as it is now. I donít really want any changes regarding her realism or physique. However, if they took a more cartoony approach to her body ever again in the future, Underworld Laraís body, with Shadow Laraís arms and butt would be good.
__________________
I love the way you donít give up and donít let go.
NoahCrofRaider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-18, 18:00   #8
Mickybyrne20
Archaeologist
 
Mickybyrne20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Greater Manchester. Male.
Posts: 2,430
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moon-Safari View Post
Make her nipples show when it's cold.
I'm dying!!! Only fighting games and Resident Evil have realistic boob physics too. Like, where's the realistic representation for chesticles?
Quote:
If Lara's realistic figure is truly about making her more true to life and not just some social justice posturing, then they won't just stop there. They will be consistent in bringing Lara's physicality to life and making her a living breathing simulation of a living breathing organism.
I'm not sure we're quite there yet to be fair. It's difficult to incorporate all the different physics involved in the human anatomy, plus the weight and motion of objects, textures etc etc. It's a lot to program, and would take a lot of storage.
__________________
Laura Croft... Errm no it's *Lara you numpty
Mickybyrne20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-18, 18:00   #9
New Dwight
Archaeologist
 
New Dwight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 1,919
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahCrofRaider View Post
TRF is generally unpredictable.

To answer the OPís question, Iím satisfied with Laraís body as it is now. I donít really want any changes regarding her realism or physique. However, if they took a more cartoony approach to her body ever again in the future, Underworld Laraís body, with Shadow Laraís arms and butt would be good.
You guys just her to have a bigger butt to stare at! seedy minions!
__________________
強く>弱い
New Dwight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-18, 18:02   #10
Moon-Safari
Relic Hunter
 
Moon-Safari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: New York City Gender: Male
Posts: 8,028
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samz View Post
LAU had her get covered in dirt when you rolled around alot and wet when you went in water.

"Make her nipples show when it's cold"
oh....
I mean if her body is just the objective thing that they're making fully realistic for the sake of realism and it's not about sexualizing or desexualizing, then it is what it is. Why should they censor how a real persons body reacts to the environment and cherry pick what realism is allowed to be represented. You gotta take the good, bad and ugly. If she sweats like a pig, swears like a sailer, has a little extra belly fat because she's bulking, why should nipples be the thing that is just too real and too controversial to be in an M rated game based on total realism? If nipples is the 1 thing that's off the table you have to ask if the more realistic figure is truly for the purpose of realism or just more bs feminist signaling.
__________________
Crawl through the world's cracks and reach through time to retrieve the secret.

Last edited by Moon-Safari; 19-07-18 at 18:06.
Moon-Safari is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 19:25.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.