Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Underworld

Closed Thread

Old 07-06-06, 07:43   #411
Lone Raider

well it's definitely a post-Chronicles engine. And I agree that it would be the Legend engine, since AoD engine was booed by the masses. The Core sign at the end being simply there because they own the copyright also makes sense to me. The quality of the grafics being down to compression makes sense to me. I don't think this is a fake at all. Nobody could pull this off in their spare time, just to produce a hoax.
But I agree that the person who made this teaser had access to the raw levels and added the Star Wars theme privately.
Old 07-06-06, 07:53   #412
Cochrane
Golden

I still cannot say whether it is fake or not, I just wanted to mention something about the logos.

First of all, all of Legend is Crystal Dynamics own work. They did start with an updated AoD Lara, but soon decided to use their own version, so I doubt that they took a lot of other content from AoD. The remake seems to be based on Legend, we see Legend moves, we have a Legend Lara (including all the accesoires), so it seems unlikely that Core was responsible for this at all.

To know how real this is, it would be necessary to know the story to this video. Is this meant to be a real trailer, or just some parts that were strung together as an ad-hoc trailer, only meant for uploading to Google Video? The former seems unlikely, with the Star Wars music and the Core logo which might be wrong. The second case is even more unlikely, because then someone with access to the raw footage would have to leak it, and I don't think there are many people that would do this.

This trailer somehow falls into a gap. It is too well done, too much work to be clearly classified as a fake, yet it has all kinds of imperfections that make it, especially coming from that source, not appear true beyond doubt.

jaywalkers comment was quite mean. It either means that it is true and he mustn't tell, that he has no clue or that it isn't true and he is reading this thread right now, rolling on the floor laughing about how clueless we all are. Or something like that. If he cannot comment, why did he say so? That reminds me somehow of an old story/joke from court:

Q: Did you stay all night with this man in New York?
A: I refuse to answer that question.
Q: Did you stay all night with this man in Chicago?
A: I refuse to answer that question.
Q: Did you ever stay all night with this man in Miami?
A: No.
Old 07-06-06, 08:16   #413
Tomb of Legends

http://www.croft.prv.pl/ Found this site on YouTube, this is where the trailer came from, Im gonna translate it
Old 07-06-06, 08:22   #414
Rivendell

Wowzers, glad this thread is still going!

I'm just going to re-iterate what was said around page 10-20 that late comers to the thread may not have read:

The Star Wars Music - Duel of Fates- from Episode 1, doesn't mean anything in regards to a 'fake'. Music from films are used All the time in other trailers:
Narnia's had music from Children of Dune
Pirates of the Caribbean had music from Drop Zone
Angel of Darkness had the very same music

It's not an uncommon thing to have music from another film on a trailer- episode 1 is nearly 10 years old, it's not the full version of Duel of Fates which could explain why it's ok to use.

Secondly- why she looks like Legend Lara?
Core were probably developing a Lara like the one in the trailer around AoD time. When their projects were handed over to CD, CD took a lot of influence from those moves: so CD actually took from Core; they're not their own original movements.

Plus good find Tomb of Legends, what language is that site?
Old 07-06-06, 08:31   #415
Raziel66

Talking Wooooow

It looks like Original TR remake
And it looks perfect I want it
Old 07-06-06, 08:33   #416
Colin125

The trailer is awesome. I don't think it's fake or cancelled at lease I hope not.
Old 07-06-06, 08:34   #417
gamernet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tathra
still dont understand then why they used Star Wars music and risked being sued by LucasArts.
This video is not supposed to be official.
Old 07-06-06, 08:34   #418
Rivendell

Off topic : Cool avatar Colin125!
Old 07-06-06, 08:38   #419
Colin125

Thanks.
Old 07-06-06, 08:49   #420
daventry

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivendell
Wowzers, glad this thread is still going!

I'm just going to re-iterate what was said around page 10-20 that late comers to the thread may not have read:

The Star Wars Music - Duel of Fates- from Episode 1, doesn't mean anything in regards to a 'fake'. Music from films are used All the time in other trailers:
Narnia's had music from Children of Dune
Pirates of the Caribbean had music from Drop Zone
Angel of Darkness had the very same music

It's not an uncommon thing to have music from another film on a trailer- episode 1 is nearly 10 years old, it's not the full version of Duel of Fates which could explain why it's ok to use.

Secondly- why she looks like Legend Lara?
Core were probably developing a Lara like the one in the trailer around AoD time. When their projects were handed over to CD, CD took a lot of influence from those moves: so CD actually took from Core; they're not their own original movements.

Plus good find Tomb of Legends, what language is that site?
The Stargate SG1 Series Theme Song were in the Sky Captain Trailer aswell, thank goodness it wasent in the Movie.
Closed Thread