www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures > Tomb Raider Films

Old Today, 18:16   #2851
James_Rutland
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tancha View Post
Where you see a negative? This is not Lara Croft at all. That's all. My OPINION.

You can admire all this further. The audience will hardly understand it and will accept. I am already amused by your reactions to this woman from the movie. I will manage only games. All other materials - comics, movies - a complete nonsense.

By the way, I am a woman, she, but not he. Have a good time. =)))
Oh sorry, I just assumed by your completely artificial issues with Alicia as Lara that you'd be a male. My mistake

Because lets face it, the only thing about Alicia missing is that she has less curves and a smaller chest than Lara in the game. I'm guessing you're probably one of the people that would suggest someone like Alison Carroll or any average actress with a bigger bust to play Lara.

This is just one of those cases where in initial set shots ect people complain about the casting not matching up to whoever played the character before (Heath Ledgers Joker, Anne Hathaways Catwoman, Gal Gadots Wonder Woman a great example) then the movie dropping and everyone being blown away. Alicia will nail it.

Last edited by James_Rutland; Today at 18:18.
James_Rutland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 18:34   #2852
Evan C.
Tomb Raider

She looks so pretty. Can't wait to see the trailer soon.
Old Today, 19:05   #2853
Rai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portugalraider View Post
Anyway, loving the look (expect for the beanie. don't like beanies). Especially the yellow shirt, nice to see some colour! Even if it's original I think it fits reboot Lara, even if it looks a bit too... i don't know... normal? Maybe if it was the yellow shirt with RotTR's leather jacket would look better, but this is just so minor observations. I'm overall liking how she looks in the movie.
Well at least she has the hoodie . That's part of the London outfit at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andre_costa View Post
Finally! Something new to talk about! I was going crazy without something more!
Oh me too!

Last edited by Rai; Today at 19:16.
Rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 19:30   #2854
LHV Croft
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tancha View Post
Where you see a negative? This is not Lara Croft at all. That's all. My OPINION.

You can admire all this further. The audience will hardly understand it and will accept. I am already amused by your reactions to this woman from the movie. I will manage only games. All other materials - comics, movies - a complete nonsense.

By the way, I am a woman, she, but not he. Have a good time. =)))
you are a woman? I was mistaken all this time.

We understand that you do not like Alicia. But this does not mean that the movie is lost. Give her a chance, Tancha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andre_costa View Post
Finally! Something new to talk about! I was going crazy without something more!
Me too

Last edited by LHV Croft; Today at 19:34.
LHV Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 20:04   #2855
Nausinous
Relic Hunter

I'm going to say this in the nicest way possible, she doesn't look British at all, and she doesn't look like Lara either. Why didn't they cast Daisy Ridley?

Last edited by Nausinous; Today at 20:05.
Nausinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 20:13   #2856
LHV Croft
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nausinous View Post
I'm going to say this in the nicest way possible, she doesn't look British at all, and she doesn't look like Lara either. Why didn't they cast Daisy Ridley?
I think it's because of agenda with star wars
LHV Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 20:43   #2857
PinkyPromise
Historian

Alicia was always the first choice for Warner Bros. Daisy Ridley, Cara delevinge, Saorsie Ronan and Emilia Clark were the other candidates.

Personally, I do not understand some comments. Alicia is perfect and she is very similar to lara: young, beautiful, brown eyes, brown hair ... She does not look like a British? What should a British look like? It's stupid. She is European and Caucasian. Perfect as Lara. She has already played Brits, Germans, Swedes, Americans ... always convincingly.

I would have hated Daisy in the role. She doesnt looks like Lara. And she will always be the Star Wars girl. Alicia has more prestige as an actress and she does not have any iconic role yet

Last edited by PinkyPromise; Today at 20:47.
PinkyPromise is offline   Reply With Quote