www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Future Tomb Raider Games

View Poll Results: Do you want Lara's uncle Atlas to be the leader of Trinity?
Yes 13 7.18%
No 110 60.77%
It's not ideal but could be worse 19 10.50%
Don't know 8 4.42%
Don't care 31 17.13%
Voters: 181. You may not vote on this poll

Old 17-07-17, 15:32   #61
charmed23
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonie Tomb Raider View Post
tbh I don't care. I'm patiently waiting for the reboot trilogy story to be done in hopes that they will do something different moving forward. Actually making Lara play for sport and search for artifacts while basing the story around that. I'm so over the family drama and it is beyond stale at this point.

Going into the next game with sheer excitement for the gameplay and hopefully some good tombs and puzzles. I don't anticipate being a huge fan of the story and I'm too scared to get my hopes up about it. We'll see xD
This.
charmed23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-17, 16:36   #62
Wooxman
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomee View Post
I wouldn't really say that. Those feathers were made clear they were just pointless collectibles and the end result was a super short clip of her mother saying "Thank you Ezio for not forgetting us" or something like that. With the caches Lara said there was a note inside when you collected the first one so you knew you were working to uncover something big. CD made a decision to drop hints for Rise. I'd hardly call that just phoning it in.
I dunno... To me it feels like they came up with the idea of the geocaches first and then implemented the Trinity message as an afterthought. After all when Lara collects the first one, she just says that it has coordinates on it which is a pretty typical thing for geocaches. Then she says nothing while collecting them until she finds the last one. It would feel a bit more meaningful if the first one contained a part of the message or if you couldn't find the next one without looking up the coordinates. Because why would the Trinity agent just spread the geocaches around randomly and put the whole message into the last one (at least it appears so) so that any member of the Solarii could find it?

Last edited by Wooxman; 17-07-17 at 16:37.
Wooxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-17, 19:54   #63
Trenton
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooxman View Post
I dunno... To me it feels like they came up with the idea of the geocaches first and then implemented the Trinity message as an afterthought. After all when Lara collects the first one, she just says that it has coordinates on it which is a pretty typical thing for geocaches. Then she says nothing while collecting them until she finds the last one. It would feel a bit more meaningful if the first one contained a part of the message or if you couldn't find the next one without looking up the coordinates. Because why would the Trinity agent just spread the geocaches around randomly and put the whole message into the last one (at least it appears so) so that any member of the Solarii could find it?
Yeah, why didn't they make finding the geocaches something that would seem worthwhile and meaningful? Searching for the blasted tings in the grass equals most random and boring task in a TR game ever imo. I could never bother finding them all.
Old 17-07-17, 21:43   #64
Wooxman
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trenton View Post
Yeah, why didn't they make finding the geocaches something that would seem worthwhile and meaningful? Searching for the blasted tings in the grass equals most random and boring task in a TR game ever imo. I could never bother finding them all.
I did because of achievements. But collecting the geocaches is on the same level of "excitement" as shooting the dreamcatchers, lamps and sea mines, destroying the little rock thingies and scarecrows etc.
Old 17-07-17, 22:01   #65
tomee
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooxman View Post
Huh? Maybe I don't understand how these things work irl. (I'm dealing with some language barriers), but I always imagined that when she found every piece she could put them together to reveal the message and it's not a case of the last cache containing the whole message.
Old 18-07-17, 17:56   #66
Wooxman
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomee View Post
Huh? Maybe I don't understand how these things work irl. (I'm dealing with some language barriers), but I always imagined that when she found every piece she could put them together to reveal the message and it's not a case of the last cache containing the whole message.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geocaching
Quote:
For the traditional geocache, a geocacher will place a waterproof container containing a log book (with pen or pencil) and trade items or trackables, then record the cache's coordinates. These coordinates, along with other details of the location, are posted on a listing site (see list of some sites below). Other geocachers obtain the coordinates from that listing site and seek out the cache using their GPS handheld receivers. The finding geocachers record their exploits in the logbook and online, but then must return the cache to the same coordinates so that other geocachers may find it. Geocachers are free to take objects (except the logbook, pencil, or stamp) from the cache in exchange for leaving something of similar or higher value.
It's about finding hidden containers based on their coordinates. And since Lara says about the first container that it has coordinated on it, it's safe to assume that these are the coordinates for the 2nd container and so on.
Old 18-07-17, 18:07   #67
ajrich17901
Tomb Raider

No, but honestly just want this horrid ascension trilogy to be over with so we can move onto bigger and better things.
ajrich17901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-17, 11:05   #68
Chamayoo
Archaeologist

A really big NO. Why should it be Atlas ? Not all Lara's family is the center of all obscure organisations, it was already the case with Ana. What's next ? Lara's cousin at the head of Illuminati ?

I really like Atlas, I think he's an interesting little antagonist in Blood Ties. I would like to see him again in Shadow, but not as the main big enemy of the game. I like the idea that at the start he's considered as an antagonist but despite his unlikeable personality, it will become more of an ally at the end of the game
Chamayoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-17, 18:45   #69
Yeauxleaux
Explorer

No

I like Atlas as a separate antagonist for the Croft Manor minigame, and I wouldn't mind that continuing in some way for the next game.

It doesn't make sense for him to be leader of Trinity, who are looking for some kind of immortality source, when he has openly disparaged Richard and Lara for believing in that. He thinks it's nonsense (unless he's faking it, but why?), so why would he be secretly trying to search for it himself?
Old 19-07-17, 19:11   #70
s9a1b
Hobbyist

I'm leaning towards no but in the grand scheme of things I really don't care. I'm not interested in this reboot arc on the basis of it's general concept and what it appears to be trying to establish. Whether or not Lara's Uncle is the head of Trinity or not, I'm still not engaged. Trinity doesn't interest me, at the end of the day they're an offshoot of a fanatical religious sect (Which we already had in TR 2013).

I'd really like the stories to get back to ancient civilisations, myths, legends, unknown beasts and cryptic enemies and villains. Until then, I'm not really bothered who heads Trinity, I'm more interested in wrapping up this story and seeing Lara head in a different direction.
s9a1b is offline   Reply With Quote