www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Technical Support

Old 03-04-18, 19:39   #1
bagas
Archaeologist

Default Recommendations for My Future PC

So, I'm looking to ditch my rusty PC for a brand new one! The thing is, I'm kinda out of the loop after not meddling with gaming affairs for like 2 years so basically, I'm not too updated on the current PC technological advances. Can someone recommend me a really good gaming PC specification that has optimum performance in ratio to its price?

My Criterions:
1. Could Run ROTTR and Hopefully SOTTR on high settings minimum @60fps 1366x768 because I don't like too big of a screen lol
2. Future Proof until the next generation of games
3. Budget: $1000-1500

My Questions:
1. i5 or i7? Or can you recommend any non-intel processor that is better and cheaper? bc I'm not really familiar with non-intel ones hehe
2. Should I just buy a laptop instead? So, actually, I'm going to go to uni in the neighboring town in a few months and I'm kinda torn between buying a laptop or a PC. Well, I could just settle for a cheap notebook to bring to my future dorm and a killer gaming PC in my hometown lol (So I can only play when it's holiday lol) Anyway, any Laptop recommendations?
3. Currently, I have an i7 2600 (Sandy Bridge) processor, is it still good enough for current games? Should I just sell it or keep it for the future build so that I could save a few bucks hehe

Thanks in advance
Old 05-04-18, 19:09   #2
Salem150
Student

Hi,

1, the new I5 and I7 6th gen is really good but its very expensive, i recommend for budget gaming the new AMD Ryzen as it much cheaper with the same performance, its really good for budget gaming
btw also for great budget gaming GPU it has to be Radeon RX570 (it can run most new games about at 70FPS on 1080p but for really low res like 720p then its going to be perfect) you can go for Radeon RX560 but as future proof i dont know and i dont think so

2, laptop for gaming no, anything else yes. laptop they are very expensive and deliver low performance compared to PC with the same price range from my experience

3, I say sell it, its too old for the currrent games anyway

these are my recommendations you decide what best for you
Salem150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-18, 05:02   #3
bagas
Archaeologist

Thanks for your recommendations
Alright, I'm going to go with AMD Ryzen because it's cheap so that I can allocate more $ for my GPU. I'll look into RX570 and 560, I'm also going to look for another GPUs...

Or maybe I'll just buy a PS4? I dunno man, the funny thing is my parents will let me buy a brand new PC but won't let me buy a PS4 because of unknown reasons