www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Franchise > Lara Croft and Tomb Raider on Android and iOS

Old 13-04-18, 01:26   #21
NoahCrofRaider
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guuims View Post
Well, Sonic the Hedgehog has 3
Lol, yeah.
Old 17-04-18, 21:17   #22
Nausinous
Relic Hunter

This explains absolutely everything ...

Nausinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-18, 07:45   #23
Dustie
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWETombRaider View Post
Isn't it kinda weird how there's two continuities of in-game Laras? Where do they plan on taking the LC series? Does Reboot Lara turn into LC series Lara?
Isn't there more than two? I'd say every era is a separate continuity, Core era, LAU era and reboot era... Oh and the LC series is separate too I'd say.

If you look at big franchises it's nothing out of the ordinary. It would be exceptional if there was only one continuity! Because that's just hard to do if there's many ideas for something.
Dustie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-18, 20:26   #24
Cezar
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustie View Post
Isn't there more than two? I'd say every era is a separate continuity, Core era, LAU era and reboot era... Oh and the LC series is separate too I'd say.

If you look at big franchises it's nothing out of the ordinary. It would be exceptional if there was only one continuity! Because that's just hard to do if there's many ideas for something.
LC series is a continuation of Legend trilogy - in Lara Croft: Reflections Lara mentioned Winston and the doppelganger from TR Underworld

Assassin's Creed and Uncharted series have one continuity It can be done.
Cezar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-18, 20:32   #25
Patrick star
Tomb Raider

The LC series and the LAU series are two completely separate universes . People can view things the way they like , but the official statements and established canons still exist .

And that VA excuse is pretty lame imo . CD probably have Keeley as their favorite VA for a "traditional" Lara Croft , they asked her back and she probably went like "why not ?" . Plus , Core Lara had 3 different voice actresses , that doesn't mean there are 3 different classic Laras .
Old 28-05-18, 22:24   #26
larafan25
Legend

I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't split the character up based on voice actresses.

I understand each actress brings something different. Though I don't think it's so far-fetched that one's voice would change throughout their lifetime, and throughout the context of their adventures.

I think that you can theoretically create a gradient between every characteristic of each voice from TR1-AOD and the differences wouldn't be so dramatic.
Old 04-06-18, 11:59   #27
Pyro99
Explorer

The Lara in every "Lara Croft" game (Guardian of Light, Temple of Osiris, and Relic Run -you could even argue the one in Go is the same, but it doesn't even really have a plot or anything) is the Lara of the LAU trilogy, hence the Underworld-ish outfit and Keeley Hawes' voice. Basically that timeline remains partially alive through the spin-offs.
Old 04-06-18, 15:31   #28
_Seth
Historian

I kind of don't care if the official word is that Lara from the LC spin-offs is different from LAU; to me they're clearly the same character due to VA and gear. When it comes to PR, CD seems to think LAU Lara is Classic Lara, which she factually isn't.

Anyway, there's no point in interpreting LC Lara as the 83rd timelin in the franchise. Isn't 82 enough. =/