www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Old 12-04-18, 13:51   #1061
Laralicious
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartache View Post
another question

did the surveys for the purchased ADD ONS already happen? i only know about the surveys for the main contribution

I picked the Atlantean tier and I haven't received a survey about either the base items or the Add ons. I think this is normal though because I believe it was only the lowest tier that received surveys as part of a trial.

I am disappointed also but I can wait. I do see the point of views from those who are leaving comments on the kickstarter page but I think that they could have chosen their words a bit more kindly. Many kickstarters offer a bonus for being a supporter, like you would get the item before those who didn't participate with the project, so surely releasing the digital version wouldn't be harmful to those who would get to listen to it live at the buffets.
Laralicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-18, 15:34   #1062
AndrewNi
Student

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustie View Post
I thought it's more-less confirmed the remastered versions are happening as well?
I admit I haven't kept a close eye on this, but I hope you're right.
Old 12-04-18, 22:40   #1063
Sayonel
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustie View Post
I thought it's more-less confirmed the remastered versions are happening as well?
In one of their Facebook live videos I asked if they were going to release the remastered version of the original soundtrack, they responded with a yes. Said that they have plans on doing it after the Suite was completed.
Sayonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-18, 07:03   #1064
Dustie
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayonel View Post
In one of their Facebook live videos I asked if they were going to release the remastered version of the original soundtrack, they responded with a yes. Said that they have plans on doing it after the Suite was completed.
Oh, I thought it was going to be included with the Suite... Either way it's great, it looks like we'll be getting the full package
Dustie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-18, 22:03   #1065
BaaFoKeemb
Hobbyist

If there's one thing we should have learned from Angel of Darkness, it's that an extra delay or two is usually the lesser of two evils
Old 14-04-18, 22:20   #1066
Aquabird
Hobbyist

New update has just come in: the digital download's coming out 1-2 weeks after the London CBR, so about 3-4 weeks from now. Nathan also clarifies a few points re. the delay.

Quote:
Dear All,

Since our last Kickstarter Update – we’d like to clarify a few points, so that any feelings of misrepresentation are tackled head on.

The delay has occurred because we are a very small team of volunteers (3 in fact, including myself) with an immense work load on our plates and we all have full time jobs and families. To get to this point, with a project of this scale, is an achievement we are all very proud of.

The fundamental misunderstanding that has occurred is that we actively chose to delay the release of the album for the sole reason of the San Francisco CBR, this is simply not the case and perhaps the wording could have been better phrased in the last update and for that we apologise.

To give you an insight into ‘behind the scenes’, of the delivery of this project, we work in a very ‘linear’ way, meaning we don’t have a large team of people to tackle multiple concurrent streams of the workload, so we systematically work from a large plan of prioritised tasks and tick off the ‘list of things to do’ as we go along.

The Composer Buffet Receptions were always a key part of the Kickstarter delivery. We understand that this event isn’t something of interest to all of you, but for those who did pledge at this tier, we always knew that we needed to provide something special.

The UK CBR has been a MAJOR event to organise and over the next 2 weeks, that will not ease up. But we promise it will be an evening to remember, for all Tomb Raider fans attending. Following on from the UK CBR, we will then be releasing the digital download of the album. However, please note, there will be a 1-2 week delay whilst we consider and arrange some important production and distribution aspects of this, but rest assured the digital download will be made available after the UK CBR.

Following on from this, we will be focusing on the delivery of the physical products. Our intention has always been to try and bundle these up as a single package to keep postage to a minimum. As we move forward, we will be better placed to understand if this is still practical or if we should separate the merchandise from the Jewel/Tin and Vinyl posting.

Please also be mindful that the mastering only completed in February of this year, that’s only 8 weeks ago. The Tomb Raider Suite album has followed a path very few productions have and - thanks to you - the album has the legacy of being recorded, mixed and mastered at the very best studio in the world.

My team and I will continue to push on and we thank you for your support. We hope this update has provided some detail into the work being undertaken by our dedicated team of volunteers.

We will, as always keep you updated on progress.

Many thanks,

Nathan.
Aquabird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-18, 11:11   #1067
Dustie
Relic Hunter

Sounds good, not that long before we can finally listen to the pieces
Dustie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-18, 16:09   #1068
Brendanlovesu1
Explorer

Dear Backers,

As you know we are now in the 2 week run up to the Composer Buffet Reception at Hatfield House, and we still have 7 tickets to give away!

Time is short so we’re going to speed things up a little bit by adopting a similar system to the one we implemented before. The new rules to conclude this draw will therefore be as follows:

RULES:

On Tuesday 17th April @ 09:00 GMT I will post an update called "CBR PRIZE DRAW – comment 'I CAN GO' below". After that we will start collecting names of eligible backers who make the comment “I CAN GO” at the bottom of that update.

An eligible backer is a backer who pledged £45 or more during the Kickstarter campaign.

On Wednesday 18th April @ 09:00 GMT I will make a comment at the bottom of the same update closing entry to this Final Draw. At that point we will stop collecting names.

All eligible backer names we collect will be entered into the final draw. Any comments made outside of these times will not be entered into the draw.

We will then assign a new Prize Draw Number to each name collected. The list of Prize Draw Numbers and associated Backer Numbers will be published in an update prior to the draw itself.

The CBR Final Prize Draw will be held on Thursday 19th April @ 17:00 GMT.

Once again: ONLY backers who have pledged £45 or more AND who leave the comment “I CAN GO” at the bottom of the update called "CBR PRIZE DRAW – comment 'I CAN GO' below" between the above times will be collected.

The winner(s) will be notified by email directly, after the draw, and the results posted on Kickstarter as usual.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...project_update

Last edited by Brendanlovesu1; 17-04-18 at 19:56.
Brendanlovesu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-18, 08:10   #1069
Brendanlovesu1
Explorer

Live performance from last night, giving me goosebumps https://www.facebook.com/tombraiders...3743066331921/
Brendanlovesu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-18, 20:54   #1070
Zebra
Legend

They've been very quiet. According to their last update, the digital download should've been released like two weeks ago so it's a bit weird that they haven't said anything about a change of plans.