Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures, Shows and Shorts

Old 30-11-09, 09:17   #1
H4RR7H

Exclamation Incorrect Track Sequencing on the Revell Score to the First Film

Taken from here

Quote:
Word is that you aren't pleased with the sequencing of the score album - what happened there?

This is the other half of your last question. Unfortunately the album suffered greatly because we had to send it to mastering while still mixing the movie track. There were mistakes made in bouncing up to 32 tracks digitally in the computer. Some things completely disappeared and then the sequencing was messed up at the mastering studio. My apologies to those who care about such things. The correct sequencing will be posted on my website at http://www.graemerevell.com.
I can't find the list in mention on Revell's website. No one happened to note the correct tracklisting did they? If it was posted in 2003? I noticed this a long while ago when listening to the score; this is what I perceive as the correct tracklisting:
  1. Tomb Raider Main Titles ==> Tomb Raider Main Titles/Lara Croft At Home ?!
  2. Lara Croft At Home ==> Powell And The Illuminati
  3. Powell And The Illuminati ==> Lara Dreams Of Her Father
  4. Lara Dreams Of Her Father ==> The Clock
  5. The Clock ==> ?! Lara Croft At Home ?!
  6. Home Invasion [Correct]
  7. Alex West & Mr. Wilson ==> ?! (Correct?!)
  8. The Letter ==> Journey To Cambodia
  9. Journey To Cambodia ==> ?!
(#10-15 Appear Correct)

Has anyone got the revised tracklist officially posted by Graeme?

I was thinking of getting in contact with him soon anyway (my dad went to school with him), and if no one knows I'll be sure to ask (also for a promo of the complete score! )
H4RR7H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-09, 15:06   #2
aussie500
Golden

It was probably posted late 2001, unfortuantely I cannot load pages from the Wayback Machine these days, but you might have better luck.
http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://...aemerevell.com
aussie500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-09, 03:49   #3
H4RR7H

Thanks Aussie! Considering the interview was in July 2001 I'm trying to look at August 2001 (Yes, woops I meant 2001 not 2003); however between August 02nd and 18th (the only dates Wayback Machine has archived in August) the site has changed dramatically. I cannot find the tracklist in mention and it's taking extremely long periods of time to load any next page, eventually with every attempt I'm ending up with this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayback Machine
Failed Connection.

We're sorry. Your request failed to connect to our servers. This may be due to temporary problems in our data center, or difficulty serving a higher-than-usual volume of traffic.
Edit: Got It! There's a new track name: "Deep In The Temple". Nothing has been lost, most have been moved back a place "Lara Croft At Home" shares a track with "Tomb Raider Main Titles" now. This really is an official notification:

Quote:
Originally Posted by graemerevell.com
7/23/01 Corrected Tomb Raider Titles

Graeme reported earlier that the track titles on the Tomb Raider score album were incorrect. Here are the correct track names:

1. Main Titles/Lara Croft at Home

2. Powell and the Illuminati

3. Lara Dreams of her Father

4. The Clock

5. Alex West and Mr. Wilson

6. Home Invasion

7. The Letter

8. Journey to Cambodia

9. Angkor Wat

10. Deep in the Temple

11. Lara Battles Stone Monkeys

12. The Brahmin

13. Siberia

14. The Planetary Alignment

15. Lara Defeats Powell
SOURCE

Aussie, is this worth a sticky?

Last edited by H4RR7H; 01-12-09 at 03:58.
Old 01-12-09, 10:05   #4
ccroft2003

Would have loved to of heard the track demos for the movie by Michael Kamen before Graeme was hired. I think it was his music used my recently posted Iceland shooting video here
ccroft2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-09, 22:20   #5
Dustie

Wait... there was a score album?...

No wonder I couldn't find the music that plays when they go to the crater on the soundtrack album!
Dustie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-09, 19:25   #6
H4RR7H

Just renamed all the tracks on a re-rip of the cd - they all make sense now! This sequence of track names is definitely correct

If they reprint the cds (which I'm sure they would have since 2001) Revell should make sure they should use the correct tracklist on the back! (which they haven't )