Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 06-04-10, 00:01   #12361
Siberian Tiger

Sazh's Eidolon, Brynhildr, is giving me a severe headache. Now going on to my 4th attempt of this battle.
Siberian Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-10, 03:15   #12362
Hyper_Crazy

Oh my god at the ending. :|
I thought it was actually beautiful, and it's my favourite ending of any Final Fantasy game now.
Was a bit sad about Vanille and Fang though, although it was oddly cute about that they crystalised and became Ragnarok together. 'My Hands' actually works well with the ending I think.

Last edited by Hyper_Crazy; 06-04-10 at 03:17.
Hyper_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-10, 08:31   #12363
Jack Croft

I'm not playing FF till Friday got a new bigger (32" TV) more HD TV (1080p) coming so cannot wait to see it on it.
Jack Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-10, 10:17   #12364
tombraidergale

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlestew View Post
Now where is the 14th mission?
You have to complete 12th and 13th first
tombraidergale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-10, 10:52   #12365
Rivendell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siberian Tiger View Post
Sazh's Eidolon, Brynhildr, is giving me a severe headache. Now going on to my 4th attempt of this battle.
Got any Fortisol or anything like that which you can use before the battle? That's what I did.
Rivendell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-10, 12:51   #12366
Flyin11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyin11 View Post
I'll try again later tonight with Snow as the Sentinel as his HP is about 6500. Those little Piochus are whatever they are deal 700 damage per hit...so that's why I only get about 5 chances to do death before I'm by myself and dead.

If it doesn't work I'll just have to wait till after Orphan but I'm trying to level up as fast as I can so I won't be farming Behemoths vs. Wolf's, missions, and all that junk. That takes a long time and I want to move on with the story but then again, I don't want to go in there and get my butt kicked either. Just with the Growth Egg I can develop faster but I might just have to wait till later
After battling mother nature to try and keep out unwanted water in my house from the windows I gave the Neochu another shot. I kept at it. Tried with Snow but he got taken out pretty quickly, even with some good accessories. Hope only has 4400HP so he is not going to be able to stand the attacks which is pretty bad as he is my only other lvl. 4 medic I have other than Lightning. For this reason...I have Lightning in there. I have Vanille, Lightning, and Fang. Upgraded the Marloboro Wand up to lvl. 40 I think. I worked at it..over and over again and could only muster about 3-5 Death casts...Sometimes 1-2. I did get it to die 2 times I tried but I STILL got killed by the little buggers running around. One time, after having Neochu die from Death...I immediately summoned Vanilles GF thinking that would atleast kill a few of them things and he didn't even stagger them or dent them The GF's are good for nothing in this game Even after all that, I was healed and still got beaten by those 4 or 5 little creetens. Any suggestions against those things?
Flyin11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-10, 13:01   #12367
Siberian Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivendell View Post
Got any Fortisol or anything like that which you can use before the battle? That's what I did.
I do, but thankfully just managed to complete the battle with about 150 until doom. Just alternated between ravager/ravager and ravager/medic.
Siberian Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-10, 13:27   #12368
xcrushterx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyin11 View Post
After battling mother nature to try and keep out unwanted water in my house from the windows I gave the Neochu another shot. I kept at it. Tried with Snow but he got taken out pretty quickly, even with some good accessories. Hope only has 4400HP so he is not going to be able to stand the attacks which is pretty bad as he is my only other lvl. 4 medic I have other than Lightning. For this reason...I have Lightning in there. I have Vanille, Lightning, and Fang. Upgraded the Marloboro Wand up to lvl. 40 I think. I worked at it..over and over again and could only muster about 3-5 Death casts...Sometimes 1-2. I did get it to die 2 times I tried but I STILL got killed by the little buggers running around. One time, after having Neochu die from Death...I immediately summoned Vanilles GF thinking that would atleast kill a few of them things and he didn't even stagger them or dent them The GF's are good for nothing in this game Even after all that, I was healed and still got beaten by those 4 or 5 little creetens. Any suggestions against those things?
Did you have a Med/Med/Sen Paradigm so Vanille can help with healing? Switch to that every once in a while to keep everyone's HP up. Have Vanille cast Deprotect and Imperil, Deshell and all the debuffs she can on the Picohus, if you're in trouble, summon Hecatoncheir and get the Gesalt gauge as high as you can, and if his SP hits 0, just go into Gesalt Mode, or go into before the Pichochus can kill Vanille. His Gaian Salvo takes off a good chuck of HP (at least for me.)

And when you're not healing or sabotaging, use Rav/Med/Sent. Never change Snow or Lightning out of this!
xcrushterx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-10, 13:44   #12369
Flyin11

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcrushterx View Post
Did you have a Med/Med/Sen Paradigm so Vanille can help with healing? Switch to that every once in a while to keep everyone's HP up. Have Vanille cast Deprotect and Imperil, Deshell and all the debuffs she can on the Picohus, if you're in trouble, summon Hecatoncheir and get the Gesalt gauge as high as you can, and if his SP hits 0, just go into Gesalt Mode, or go into before the Pichochus can kill Vanille. His Gaian Salvo takes off a good chuck of HP (at least for me.)

And when you're not healing or sabotaging, use Rav/Med/Sent. Never change Snow or Lightning out of this!
Hmmm...I don't know. I have it like this to start out so I can cast Death as quick as possible...Sab/Med/Med (sometimes Sab/Sab/Med but it doesn't increase my chances of Death and I get killed too quickly). The only way to keep Vanille healthy enough to get 3 or more Death casts in before I'm all dead. Vanille is the Sab, Lightning is Med with Lvl. 4, and Fang only has Lvl. 1 Medic but I use her for it. I have also tried Sab/Med/Sent but the little things don't focus on just Fang with all her Provoking. They still attack me and Lightning. So, that doesn't work too good. I can't cast anything else other than death because before I get the chance, I am dead. Tried the Hecatoncheir effect but he didn't do anything at all to them. I tried the Rav/Med/Sent one but I ended up dieing quicker than the others. Everytime Vanille gets attacked, she gets knocked on her butt (literally on the ground...no joke) for me and she keeps saying "Oooohh". I'm like shut up and get up. By the time she gets up to cast Death again, she is dead and game over. Nobody else gets knocked on the ground from a attack but she does....

It's frustrating...

Last edited by Flyin11; 06-04-10 at 13:46.
Flyin11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-10, 15:46   #12370
Trfansince1996

The thing with using Lightning over Hope is you wont have Curasa or Curaja. Remember that Snow will protect him with SEN (well, if youre lucky and he provokes all of them anyways >_>). Did you equip physical resistance + accesories? Those help the SEN resist the picochus a lot more. Oh, and remember that if Vanille has Faith and Vigilance there is more chance for Death's success, increasing the chain gauge with a ravager can also help but since ur underleveled (the neochu isnt supposed to be killed until AFTER the endgame) u might not even get a chance to use a ravager since u have to heal at all times...
Trfansince1996 is offline   Reply With Quote