Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light

Old 12-08-10, 22:41   #1
H4RR7H

Arrow The Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light Soundtrack (Community Developed & DM)

This release is likely obsoleted - please refer to MoTR's up-to-date community developed discography to ensure you have the latest releases.

Original OP below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by H4RR7H
>> Tomb Raider 9 [Coming Soon?!?!] >>

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light: the Community Developed & Digitally Mastered Compilation Soundtrack:

Consisting of music from Tomb Raider Legend, Anniversary & Underworld recycled for the first spin off 'Lara Croft' video game; the 1st in a separate series by developer Crystal Dynamics.
Score in bulk composed by BAFTA-award-winning Troels Brun Folmann, with contributions by Colin O'Malley & Keeley Hawes. Additional new music produced by Alex Wilmer & Karl Gallagher. Album artwork constructed by dizzydoil and chosen by the community.

Download via TRC.com or MediaFire (165Mb expands to 188MB in 2 parts: select LCATGOL Parts 1-2) YouTube playlist is here (release 1)
  • Final revised volume including new and unreleased material!
  • ID3 tagged, Album-art embedded, 320kbps and 48Khz mp3s
  • Digitally mastered & optimized for listening
  • Harvested from the game's files themselves in their original uncompressed fidelity
Tracklisting:
  1. Menu Theme [2:21]
  2. Introduction [2:27] featuring Keeley Hawes
  3. Temple of Light [2:01]
  4. Xolotl's Minions [2:53]
  5. Xolotl's Traps [1:29]
  6. Upgraded Equipment [1:31]
  7. Vasco's Mercenaries [1:37]
  8. Temple Grounds [2:55]
  9. The Sun Discs [2:42] with Colin O'Malley
  10. The Guardian of Light [2:45] with Colin O'Malley and including contributions from Alex Wilmer & Karl Gallagher
  11. Spider Tomb [3:00]
  12. Rolling Pin of Death [3:16] with Colin O'Malley
  13. The Summoning [1:43] including contributions from Alex Wilmer & Karl Gallagher
  14. Forgotten Gate [2:22]
  15. Toxic Swamp [2:15]
  16. Flooded Passage [1:12]
  17. Giant Spike Ball [1:16] with Colin O'Malley and including contributions from Alex Wilmer & Karl Gallagher
  18. Water Shamans [1:02]
  19. The Jaws of Death [1:40]
  20. Twisting Bridge [3:30]
  21. Fiery Depths [2:08]
  22. Belly of the Beast [1:11]
  23. Stronghold Passage [2:55]
  24. Flight Through Flame [2:32]
  25. The Mirror's Wake [1:41]
  26. Xolotl's Stronghold [2:16] with Colin O'Malley and including contributions from Alex Wilmer & Karl Gallagher
  27. Xolotl's Demise [2:46] including contributions from Alex Wilmer & Karl Gallagher
  28. "Nothing is Lost Forever..." [1:00] featuring Keeley Hawes
  29. End Credits [2:11]
  30. Mission Summary [1:16] with Colin O'Malley and including contributions from Alex Wilmer & Karl Gallagher
  31. Challenge Rooms [4:21] with Colin O'Malley and including contributions from Alex Wilmer & Karl Gallagher
  32. Secret Chime [0:10]
Total Running Time: 68 Minutes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Major Release 2 alterations:
  • Album title: "Lara Croft And The Guardian Of Light" >> "Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light"
  • Track title: "Commencement" >> "Menu Theme"
  • Track title: "Conceptual Bloom (Introduction)" >> "Introduction"
  • Track title: "Temple Of Light" >> "Temple of Light"
  • Track title: "Rolling Pin Of Death" >> Rolling Pin of Death"
  • Track title: "The Jaws Of Death" >> "The Jaws of Death"
  • Track title: "Belly Of The Beast" >> "Belly of the Beast"
  • Track title: "Nothing Is Lost Forever, But Some Things Should Never Be Found" >> "Nothing is Lost Forever..."
  • Addition: of the a capalla material to "Xolotl's Stonghold"
  • Addition: of the mission summary theme; "Mission Summary"
  • Addition: of "The Guardian of Light" (including the website landing page theme)
  • Addition: of the challenge room relic pickup theme to the end of "Challenge Rooms"
  • Addition: of the start revealer during the giant spike ball run at the start of "Giant Spike Ball"
  • Addition: of end and beginning revealers to "Xolotl's Demise"
  • Addition: of beginning revealer and correct intro to "The Summoning"
  • Addition: of ending revealer to "Xolotl's Stronghold"
  • Replacement: of the intro to "The Sun Discs" (without sfx)
  • Replacement: of the menu main theme cut; "Menu Theme"
Furthermore, various tracks have had reconstruction from the authentic LCATGOL multiplex edits, as opposed to previous sources from TRL, TRA or TRU. The only tracks that remain unaffected by release 2 are "Temple Grounds", "Rolling Pin of Death", "Toxic Swamp", "Twisting Bridge" & "Stronghold Passage". Many others will have little or no noticeable differences.
Please understand that all alterations are for the better, and that no material has been lost

Release 3 (to occur only if there is more music used in the upcoming DLC levels) - an opportunity for minor fixes:
  • Addition: of any new DLC music tracks
  • Replacement: of "Xolotl's Traps" with a correct track spacer after fade
  • Track title: "Belly of The Beast" >> "Belly of the Beast"
  • Embedding: of the back cover
  • ID3 Tagging: of this URL to the files
  • Inclusion: of the album artwork and back cover as seperate files

Quote:
INDEX:

Download Centre @ Mediafire.com. Unlimited number of simultaneous downloads and download speeds
N.B. You will need WinRAR to unpack the bulk downloads.

This thread is part of the Digitally Remastered Soundtrack series, including:
  • The Crystal Dynamics Tomb Raider Trilogy, consisting of:
  • Tomb Raider: Legend by Troels Brun Folmann
  • Tomb Raider: Anniversary by Troels Brun Folmann
  • Tomb Raider: Underworld by Colin O'Malley
Footnotes: This community developed soundtrack is brought to you by Tomb Raider Forums in association with Tomb Raider Chronicles | Audio compiled and digitally mastered by H4RR7H | Extraction made possible by Dusan | Track naming & accumulation by H4RR7H, dizzydoil, danny.rex, Legends & Ivo | Album artwork constructed by dizzydoil and chosen by the community | Special thanks to TRJTA, danny.rex, Ivo, Billy959, jamesgreen91, Legends, LightningRider, God Horus, Love2Raid tlr_online & Keir_Eidos for additional contributions.

www.tombraiderchronicles.com | laracroftandtheguardianoflight.wikispaces.com | www.tombraiderforums.com | http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=171701

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light is a product of Crystal Dynamics Studios, published by Eidos as a Square Enix Europe asset.

www.laracroftandtheguardianoflight.com

Last edited by H4RR7H; 23-06-14 at 05:55.
H4RR7H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-10, 22:42   #2
H4RR7H

Want to lend a hand?

I'm offering the community a great deal of participation in formulating the compilation soundtrack for Lara Croft And the Guardian Of Light, consisting of music from Legend, Anniversary & Underworld (as confirmed in the second official podcast organised by Keir Edmonds, Community Manager @ Eidos/Square Enix Europe).

Previously, I have completed this process with Tomb Raider Legend, Tomb Raider Anniversary & Tomb Raider Underworld, the latter of which the majority of was begun by TRJTA (), and of which releases are present on Tomb Raider Chronicles. I will be happy to provide the services of digital mastering, ID3 tagging and distribution (release and download hosting*) once again. I feel obliged to undergo the process of YouTubing the final version, also.

However, now is the community's chance - that means YOU - to have the opportunity to (pretty please!) participate in the following:
  1. Accumulation - playing the game and noting what music, which previously occurred in Legend, Anniversary & Underworld, reoccurs in new and exciting scenarios. This needs to be made into a concise list in chronological order of occurrence in Lara Croft And The Guardian Of Light.
  2. Track Naming - each track must be meaningfully named according to location and scenario (from Lara Croft And The Guardian Of Light). Titles must be short and CONCISE.
  3. Album Artwork Construction! This MUST include either key artwork 1 or key artwork 2 & the official logo. Additional details are below. I think this will need to be voted on if many entries are to be considered.

One thing I will assure is maintenance of quality (please feel free to sample from the Index above), because I will source from the original fidelity material. This has often been overlooked in other previous soundtrack releases. A combined effort will not only enforce this assurance, but also bring the community together for a wide interest related and very rewarding project!

I will maintain the top of the thread to express release(s) and task progress

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

N.B. To date, no Tomb Raider video game soundtrack has ever had an official release, commercial or otherwise (exceptions include the Tomb Raider Anniversary [Collector's Edition] CD/DVD Soundtrack(s) & the Tomb Raider Underworld [Limited Edition] DVD Soundtrack, as well as particular promotional tracks released to the community).

=> Thus, because the music for Lara Croft And The Guardian Of Light is recycled, I have assumed that an official release is very unlikely; influencing my decision to make this project public. If any incongruities arise involving Eidos, Crystal Dynamics or respective composers (who may wish to sell their music this time round), I will comply 100% in removing this, and any other distributions I have made via Tomb Raider Forums)

*Lastly, if our lovely administrator tlr online (in all his penguin-ey goodness) is willing, this package could be hosted on Tomb Raider Chronicles. Justin - please also replace/update TRU!

A huge preliminary thanks to Dusan, without whom this would not be possible

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PROGRESS:

Current Accumulation & Track-listing:

Contribute sequencing information or suggest track titles!

Current updated list is HERE (with samples!)

Album Art Entries: CLOSED/Voting HERE/VOTING CLOSING 3am on Wednesday 25th August (GMT +0)
I will embed the release with this, full applicable size.
  • MUST include key artwork 1 or 2. Alternatively the concept or 'cine artwork' is acceptable. Please, this is not a contest for original creations. The album art should be only succinct, not convoluted.
  • MUST include the official logo
  • MUST be at least 500x500 pixels in size. 1000x1000 is appreciated (please thumbnail at 500x500 and click-link). Must be this aspect ratio (1:1).
  • PNG format is preferable. JPG is acceptable, and embeddable (I will convert any other format with minmal quality loss).

[IMG]http://i37.************/fks7s5.jpg[/IMG]
dizzydoil

TRJTA

[IMG]http://i38.************/2cyh5ro.jpg[/IMG]
danny.rex

[IMG]http://i36.************/fomwcn.jpg[/IMG]
Billy959

jamesgreen91

Legends [1]/danny.rex

Legends [2]

LightningRider

Additional Notes:
  • All music from Tomb Raider Legend & Tomb Raider Anniversary is composed by Troels Brun Folmann. This will be credited in the ID3 Tagging when released.
  • All music from Tomb Raider Underworld is composed by Colin O'Malley, except the Main Theme which is composed by Folmann, who also surpervised O'Malley's entire score. This will be credited in the ID3 Tagging when released.
  • Additional music from Tomb Raider Underworld: Beneath The Ashes & Tomb Raider Underworld: Lara's Shadow is clearly attributed to Mike Peaslee in the credits. Whether or not this material will be included is dependent on the availability of the original source, currently being researched by Dusan & Myself (after successfully incorporating the DLC Outfits into XNALara).
  • The format of the release (openly debatable), will currently remain as 320Kbps 48KHz MP3. This is not only to allow maximum quality with minimum space, but to provide a popular format with decent ID tagging capabilities. Furthermore, the audio will be re-rendered (not converted) from the original fidelity sources using professional rendering software, making any loss of quality negligible.
  • If there is a new piece of music, such as a LCATGOL Main Theme, this must be attempted to be acquired first through a promotional release (from Keir Eidos, e.g.) before I attempt a reverse engineered acquisition.

Tags for Google (don't mind...):

Download Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light Soundtrack
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light OST
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light (2010) Soundtrack Original Score
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light Soundtrack [2010] - AVAXHOME
(2010) Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light Soundtrack
Screen reader users, click here to turn off Google Instant.
Google

lara croft and the guardian of light soundtrack ×

Instant is on ▼

Web Images Videos Maps News Shopping Gmail more ▼
Search settings | Sign in
Advanced search
About 34,300,000 results (0.12 seconds)
Search Results
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light Soundtrack [2010] - AVAXHOME ...
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light Soundtrack [2010] Genre Soundtrack | MP3 | 320kbps | 170MB Music composed by Troels Brun Folmann and others Track List ...
megarapid.net/forums/t/408865.aspx - Cached

(2010) Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light Soundtrack
(2010) Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light Soundtrack Composed by: Alex Wilmer, Colin O'Malley, Karl Gallagher, Troels Brun Folmann Published by:
forums.ffshrine.org/.../2010-lara-croft-guardian-light-soundtrack-81067/ - Cached
The Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light soundtrack (original)
2 posts - 2 authors - Last post: 16 hours ago
Tomb Raider Underworld << >> Tomb Raider 9 [Coming Soon?!?!] >> Lara Croft And The Guardian Of Light: The Community Developed & Digitally Mastered ...
tehparadox.com/.../lara-croft-guardian-light-soundtrack-original-1375940/
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light - Troels Brun Folmann ...
1 post - 1 author
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light - Troels Brun Folmann...(Soundtrack) (2010) Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light Soundtrack [2010] Genre Soundtrack ...
tehparadox.com/.../lara-croft-guardian-light-troels-brun-folmann-soundtrack-2010-a-1371647/ - Cached
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light. Soundtrack, music from Lara ...
Soundtrack relates to following games: Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light, Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light, Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light ...
http://www.game-ost.com/albums/.../l...dian_of_light/ - Cached
(2010) Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light Soundtrack ...
2 Oct 2010 ... (2010) Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light Soundtrack Composed by: Alex Wilmer, Colin O'Malley, Karl Gallagher, Troels Brun Folmann Published by:
warezforum.info/.../1940963-2010-lara-croft-guardian-light-soundtrack.html - Cached
The Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light soundtrack (original ...‎ - 1 Oct 2010
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light (PC/2010) - Rapidshare ...‎ - 1 Oct 2010
More results from warezforum.info »
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light Soundtrack | Captain Talk ...
Genre: Score Date: 2010 Audio codec: MP3 Quality: 320 kbps Playtime: 01:08:39 01. Menu Theme 02:22 02. Introduction 02:27 03.
captaintalk.com/free-download-lara-croft-and-the-guardian-of-light-soundtrack.html - Cached
The Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light Soundtrack (Community ...
1 post - 1 author - Last post: 1 hour ago
The Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light Soundtrack (Community Developed & DM) Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light.
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/show....php?p=4927437
Free mp3 Soundtrack: Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light ...
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light Soundtrack (2010) by Troels Brun Folmann and others. Track List 1. Menu Theme 2:22 2. Introduction 2:27 ...
elec3sound.blogspot.com/2010/.../lara-croft-and-guardian-of-light.html - Cached
Tomb Raider Chronicles
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light cinematics in 720p ... Enjoy a collection of soundtracks from the entire Tomb Raider series in high fidelity. ...
www.tombraiderchronicles.com/
Videos for lara croft and the guardian of light soundtrack
Troels Brun Folmann - Lara Croft and the ...
4 min - 24 Aug 2010
Uploaded by H4RR7JH
youtube.com

Last edited by H4RR7H; 05-10-10 at 06:01.
Old 13-08-10, 00:02   #3
dizzydoil
Inactive

(click for 1000x1000)

Last edited by dizzydoil; 18-08-10 at 23:43.
dizzydoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-10, 00:18   #4
just*raidin*tomb

That is so cool! ^WOW I love how her body is going through the O.
just*raidin*tomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-10, 00:24   #5
H4RR7H

Dizzydoil - Wow! I don't know whether any one will be able to contend with that!

But we have to wait and give others a chance. Voting should commence late next week.

But bloody heck, so fast too!

Update: Regarding this ^ I think both Key artwork and Cine artwork (cell shaded screens from cutscenes) may be used

Again, no original creations. It must be sourced from familiar, official material. Dizzydoil, yours is more than fine in this aspect
Remember you've got at least a week to improve it if you want to, 2 hours wasn't a very long time to produce that - again Wow!
Old 13-08-10, 09:39   #6
TRJTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzydoil View Post
(click for 1000x1000)

I know it doesn't follow the rules exactly- but I thought I'd have a go anyway. I hope it's okay.
Amazing!! Really really great design!
TRJTA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-10, 10:21   #7
Ward Dragon
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by H4RR7H View Post
Update: Regarding this ^ I think both Key artwork and Cine artwork (cell shaded screens from cutscenes) may be used
I suppose I shouldn't really ask considering how fast dizzydoil made such an excellent piece But the game isn't even out yet. If people want to use cutscenes from it, will they have enough time between the game's release and the deadline?
Ward Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-10, 12:44   #8
TRJTA

Here's my entry. H4RR7H send me a personal message and asked if I would make an entry. I'd love to, so here it is. I hope you like it (Click for bigger)

Last edited by TRJTA; 13-08-10 at 12:46.
Old 13-08-10, 12:50   #9
dizzydoil
Inactive

i love it, it's busy but simple too. it's cool, awesomely done.

(and thanks for the comments guys )
dizzydoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-10, 13:12   #10
TRJTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzydoil View Post
i love it, it's busy but simple too. it's cool, awesomely done.

(and thanks for the comments guys )
Thanks