Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Anniversary

Old 04-08-16, 04:17   #21
SamCactus101

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizardspock110 View Post
Found another one. Damn, can't believe this. Concept art always looks better somehow...Hate it when Developers remove flawless ideas.
https://s31.postimg.org/m5jvtg3jv/TRA_ca.jpg
Yeah I love the gloomy colours here. In the game they look so bright. Like, where does all this sunlight come from lol. The dark browns in the concept art looks good, like it's really been abandoned.
SamCactus101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-16, 06:56   #22
Lara Croft 25

I played this game multiple times on PS2 and on the xbox 360 in High School. I've been trying to play it on my laptop lately, but my laptop randomly shuts off when playing it.

I like this game quite a lot. The isolated atmosphere, the puzzles, the level design, the platforming, and the "classic tomb raider" feel. The combat is not that great. I like combat more in the classics and the rebooted TR games. But combat is not the main focus of this game either.

This game can be dull because of the lack of action. There's not any action set-pieces other than the button prompts in cutscenes. But then again, it's a platforming adventure game with puzzles; not an action-packed game.

St. Francis Foley was done quite well.
Lara Croft 25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-16, 12:52   #23
Jorje Croft

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizardspock110 View Post
Jorje is back, where have you been all these days huh?

Boss fights are awesome, loved them so much especially the way lara's braid flies when running hahaha
Hah I had a tour, lol attended Christina Aguilera's convert. She is my pop queen !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lara Croft 25 View Post

This game can be dull because of the lack of action. There's not any action set-pieces other than the button prompts in cutscenes. But then again, it's a platforming adventure game with puzzles; not an action-packed game.
Have you payed reboot? how can you say that

Last edited by Jorje Croft; 04-08-16 at 12:54.
Jorje Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-16, 13:25   #24
JoelCaesar

The wii version is 10x better than the PC version to be honest
JoelCaesar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-16, 14:47   #25
lizardspock110

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelCaesar View Post
The wii version is 10x better than the PC version to be honest
There was a torch like TR4 cover art!!
Why wasn't this on pc version?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorje Croft
Hah I had a tour, lol attended Christina Aguilera's convert. She is my pop queen !
Oh, Haha awesome

Last edited by lizardspock110; 04-08-16 at 14:51.
lizardspock110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-16, 04:24   #26
trfan16

I agree with your review for the most part. Anniversary is definitely one of my least favorite entries in the series. Maybe it was because I played amazing remakes before like Resident Evil Remake and Pokémon FireRed (just a couple of examples that always stick out.) For those games, I definitely feel that they are superior to their original counterparts. But Anniversary just never caught the original feeling of TRI for me.

I've tried playing this game with an open mind, but it's just so boring and I didn't like how they altered or revamped iconic areas. Some of the updated areas were stunning visually, but other areas looked boring and lost the isolation feeling from the first game. Egypt and Atlantis in this game just sucked. And they removed some of the best areas like they completely removed Cistern and gave us the dull parts of Tomb of Tihocan.

I also didn't like how they changed all the boss fights. Not every important battle needed QTE or button mashing. I really wish they didn't incorporate the Legends arch into the Anni story either. And some of the stunts like the grapple run were horrible too. Of course, there were some highlight moments like St. Francis Folly and Mountain Caves. But it's no surprise that Anni isn't really well received since TRI set the bar high for it.
trfan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-16, 13:59   #27
fondantcookie

I completed this on the PS2, then again as part of the Ps3 Trilogy release.

I picked it up again two days ago in an attempt to platinum it.

All I can say is that time has not been kind to this game.

The control is so floaty. There is no standardised distance in terms of jumping.

The levels are (generally) condensed rather than improved on their TR1 counterparts.

Actually thought it was better a few years ago but at the minute im severely unimpressed.
fondantcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-16, 15:55   #28
JohnCroft25
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by fondantcookie View Post
There is no standardised distance in terms of jumping.
The jumping/platforming in this game is one of its major disadvantages, IMO. There are some parts where you have to be 100% precise in terms of from where you will jump to the next platform/ledge. Otherwise, if you are just an inch away from where the game wanted you to, it will cause Lara to miss the next part and fall to her death
JohnCroft25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-16, 15:44   #29
domina

Hey, I actually just started replaying this yesterday! I'm only at St. Francis' Folly so far.

For me, I wouldn't say it sucks--There's enough that I enjoy about it that I'm having fun doing my little revisit--But damn, the controls and Lara's movements are really, really bad. Way worse than I remember when I first played (although I don't know if that disparity is because I played on the PS2 and now I'm on PC). It really makes me nostalgic for the precision of the original game.
domina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-16, 15:45   #30
sackboy123

St Francis Folly is amazing and probably the best level which deserves the remake title. The game as a whole isn't that bad, it's just bad as a remake for me
sackboy123 is offline   Reply With Quote