Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Legend

Old 15-04-12, 20:25   #1
charliesewell

Arrow Reality Tomb Raider: Series 3

Check out previous series' of Reality Tomb Raider:
Series 1 (TR1)
Series 2 (AoD)

Thanks to Laras Boyfr. for this logo.

I wanted to start up a game on here which allows users to take on a character and interact with other characters of the TR series. This is Reality Tomb Raider, Series 3 - a cross between a reality TV series and a role-playing game. Users will take on the role of a 'raider' (a character) from Legend and will be their raider for 8 weeks (each representing a level in Legend). The week will last from Monday to Friday. At the end of every Friday, a raider will be eliminated from the series, if they accumulate the most elimination votes. All times will be on the time schedule of the forum.

Raiders still in the competition.
Raiders who have been eliminated.
Raiders who are in the Bottom 3 for elimination this Week.

The 10 raiders that'll be entering the series are, in alphabetical order:
Alister - sheepman23 - WINNER - 1st Place
Amanda - tomee - ELIMINATED - 5th Place
Amelia - a_pok - ELIMINATED - 6th Place
Anaya - RoxasKennedy - ELIMINATED - 8th Place
Lara - Jeissy - ELIMINATED - 3rd Place
Nishimura - CuteLilDragon - ELIMINATED - 10th Place
Rutland - Laras Boyfr. - ELIMINATED - 9th Place
Takamoto - Tiddlyfish13 - ELIMINATED - 4th Place
Winston - DgoOdz94 - ELIMINATED - 7th Place
Zip - Seth94 - ELIMINATED - 2nd Place

Below are descriptions of the characters and avatars. When you have been confirmed as a raider, you must put your character's avatar as your avatar on TRF, until you are eliminated or win. Thanks to Laras Boyfr. for the avatars.

Alister Fletcher

Alister Fletcher is Lara's research assistant and a repository for a fantastic array of detailed historical information.

Amanda Evert

Amanda Evert was once Lara's friend, but catastrophic events caused her beliefs to be changed once and for all.

Amelia Croft

Lady Amelia Croft, the Countess of Abbingdon, was the wife of Lord Richard Croft, and the mother of Lara Croft.

Anaya Imanu

Anaya is a civil engineer working in impoverished areas of South America. She's an old friend of Lara's dating back to their days at university, and she was with Lara during the tragedy near Segou. She has since led a distinguished career of her own, routinely crossing paths with Lara.

Lara Croft

Lady Lara Croft (born 14 February 1968) is a British archaeologist and treasure hunter, most commonly known for her discovery of several noted artifacts, including Excalibur, the fabled sword of King Arthur.

Toru Nishimura

Toru Nishimura is a media mogul and ex-investigative reporter whom Lara rescued when he uncovered a plot involving a corrupt cabinet minister and an ancient artifact.

James Rutland

James Rutland Jr. grew up in a bubble of enormous wealth and privilege. He went to West Point and managed to graduate on his own merits, barely. As hard as it was, he's glad for it, because it gave him a sense of self-discipline and strength that he finds useful now that he's free of the military. He's a charismatic man accustomed to getting whatever he wants.

Shogo Takamoto

Shogo Takamoto is a Yakuza Kumicho (boss) who loves ancient weapons. In addition to being a powerful figure in the Japanese mob, he also became a fixture in the antiquities underground, frustrating collectors and adventurers alike by mixing forgeries with authentic items.

Winston Smith

Winston is Lara's butler, and he has served the Crofts for most of his life. He's calm, sophisticated, unflappable, and knows more about Lara and her doings than anyone.

Zip

Zip is the tech guy of Lara's team, responsible for providing technical and logistical support for Lara's endeavors worldwide.

(With thanks to the Official Guide and Tomb Raider Wiki.)

If you wish to apply to be one of the raiders, you have to PM me, saying that you agree to the rules posted below and telling me which raider you'd like to be. Please include a first and second choice, as someone might've already requested your first choice. I'll accept it on a first come, first served basis - try and get your PM to me as soon as you can! I'll update this post as each raider gets accepted with a user.

The Advantages of Being a Raider:
- You'll get to 'step into the shoes' of a character from TR
- You'll allow other users to see how the characters may react to a situation
- You'll interact and converse with other characters and users
- You might be crowned as the winner

When all raiders have been accepted with a user and are ready, I will post and Week 1 will begin. I will be the presenter and narrator of the series and the raiders will be able to converse with other raiders whenever they want. Every other user can still comment.

Eliminations will occur on Friday of every Week and then that Week will end. Raiders can still post of a weekend if they wish, but this isn't required, and you can't perform any actions. The next Week will then start on a Monday. After Week 1 has begun, both users and raiders will be able to begin voting to eliminate the raider they want. To do this, they'd PM me with the name of the raider they wish to eliminate. Votes must not be posted in this thread. PM me. Voting to eliminate will be friendly and not offensive, as we are eliminating the character, not the user. At the end of Week 8, the winner of the series will be announced and the series will end.

Week 1 - Bolivia
Week 2 - Peru
Week 3 - Japan
Week 4 - Ghana
Week 5 - Kazakhstan
Week 6 - England
Week 7 - Nepal
Week 8 - The Final Week - Bolivia

When Week 1 has started, you will each be given £300. This will be yours for the rest of the series. You can easily gain more money, but equally you can easily have money taken away. Through tasks and thorough exploring, you will earn more. You can use these to buy necessary weapons or items. If you wish to buy something, just post in the thread clearly what you'd like to buy, like below:

Code:
Action:
Buy Health Pack
or...

Code:
Action:
Look underneath the rock.
If you wish to sell anything, make it clear, and you will get half the money you paid for it. Please note that discounts don't count when selling.

Health Packs
You will each start with 3 Health Packs. You can buy a Health Pack for £40, but you can carry only up to 3. If at any point you run out of Health Packs, 2 votes of elimination will be added towards your name, and you'll start with 3 Health Packs.

Discounts
Each raider will get a discount on one weapon and one raider. It is your choice what weapon and what item it is. Only one raider per weapon and item - first come, first served!

Combat
You can combat another raider. Each command can be used once a Week.

Punch
Effects: Removes 1 Health Pack from the target.

Kick
Effects: Removes 2 Health Packs from the target.

Airkick
Effects: Removes a random amount (1 to 2) of Health Packs from each of two targets.

Weapons
You can shoot weapons to have consequences on other raiders. You can find or buy a weapon. If you want to shoot a raider, make it clear in your post who you are shooting. The target receives some consequences. You can only shoot a weapon once. You buy it, you use it, you lose it. You can then buy the same or a different weapon. Below is a list of the weapons available, the price of each, and the effects of the shots.

SMG
Price: £40
Discount: £25
Effects: Adds 1 elimination vote to the target.

Shotgun
Price: £80
Zip's Price: £50
Effects: Adds 2 elimination votes to the target.

9MM Twin Pistols
Nishimura's Price: £50
Effects: Adds 1 elimination vote to two targets of your choice.

RC650 Assault Rifle
Price: £140
Winston's Price: £90
Effects: Adds 2 elimination votes to two targets of your choice.

Rocket Launcher
Takamoto's Price: £50
Effects: Adds a random amount of elimination votes (1 to 3) to the target.

Excalibur
Price: £120
Rutland's Price: £90
Effects: Adds a random amount of elimination votes (3 to 5) to the target.

Grenade Launcher
Alister's Price: £50
Effects: Adds a random amount of Grenades (1 to 4) to your inventory.

Flashbang
Price: £50
Lara's Price: £30
Effects: The target is unable to attack the user of the weapon until the next Week.

Electroshocker
Price: £90
Amanda's Price: £55
Effects: The target is unable to buy or sell anything until the next Week.

Knife
Amelia's Price: £25
Effects: Leaves the target with 1 Health Pack left.

Items
You can buy or find items which will gain you an advantage. If you want to buy an item or use an item in your inventory, make it clear in your post which item you'd like to buy. You can only use an item once. You buy it, you use it, you lose it. You can then buy the same or a different item. Below is a list of the items available, the price of each, and the effects of using them.

Pendant
Price: £60
Discount: £40
Effects: Removes 1 elimination vote from user.

Excalibur Shard
Price: £100
Zip's Price: £60
Effects: Removes 2 elimination votes from user.

Ghalali Key
Price: £140
Alister's Price: £90
Effects: Removes a random amount (1 to 4) of elimination votes from user.

Satchel
Discount: £25
Effects: The user can carry one more Health Pack for the rest of the Week and the next Week.

Kevlar
Price: £100
Amanda's Price: £60
Effects: Other raiders cannot attack the user with bullet fire weapons until the end of the Week.

Silencer
Price: £50
Discount: £30
Effects: May be used with a weapon which adds elimination votes to attack a raider in secret by sending a PM to “charliesewell” with the details of the attack.

PLS
Price: £60
Nishimura's Price: £40
Effects: Lets you know the percentage of all elimination votes you have.

Headset
Effects: Informs you of a secret attack against you with a Silencer, if it happened this Week.

Binoculars
Price: £120
Winston's Price: £70
Effects: Allows you to see who has voted against you for the past 168 hours (7 days).

Magnetic Grapple
Takamoto's Price: £50
Effects: Adds a special item from a raider of your choice (non-eliminated) to your inventory until the next elimination occurs. You can still use your usual special item. You can only use this once per target.

Richard's Notebook
Amelia's Price: £50
Effects: Adds a special ability from a raider of your choice (non-eliminated) to your inventory until the next elimination occurs. You can still use your usual special ability. You can only use this once per target.

PDA
Rutland's Price: £55
Effects: Adds a random "Weapon" to your inventory.

Backpack
Lara's Price: £55
Effects: Adds a random "Item" to your inventory.

Voting/Grenades
Each raider starts every week with 4 Grenades each. These allow you to vote to eliminate. Every time you vote, you will lose a Grenade. Therefore, you can vote 4 times a week. Normal users can only vote twice a week. If any raider ends the week with some Grenades left in their inventory, those are added towards their elimination votes. Remember, to vote, send me a PM with the name of the raider you'd like to eliminate.

Special Abilities/Items and Weaknesses
When you have been confirmed as a raider, you must post a special ability, item and a weakness which suits your character for you to use in the series. Let your imagination run wild! See Series 2 for examples. I will confirm them if I deem them suitable.

Tasks
This series, the tasks will be up to the raiders. Each raider will play a part in creating a task. Take a look at the schedule below:
Week 1
Week 2 - Amanda & Anaya
Week 3 - Nishimura & Takamoto
Week 4 - Lara & Rutland
Week 5
Week 6 - Alister & Zip
Week 7 - Amelia & Winston
Week 8
Work with your partner above to create a task relevant to your Week's level. Make the prize suitable - ideally money. In your Week, post your task for the other raiders to complete. You cannot compete in your own task. See Series 1 and 2 for task examples. I will judge the raiders who create the tasks, and will award you with money accordingly. If your partner doesn't cooperate, you can post the task on your own, and I will award you solely. The task must be finished within that Week. I will post tasks for Weeks 1, 5 and 8.

Rewards
At the end of each Week, I will award a Bronze Reward to one raider, a Silver Reward to another raider and a Gold Reward to another raider. One raider can earn multiple awards in one Week. These can then be exchanged accordingly:

Bronze Reward
Awarded for: The most frequent poster of the Week.
Exchanged for: £100 or -2 elimination votes.

Silver Reward
Awarded for: The raider with the highest quality posts of the Week.
Exchanged for: £200 or -4 elimination votes.

Gold Reward
Awarded for: The raider who uses the most weapons, items, Grenades and abilities of the Week.
Exchanged for: £300 or -6 elimination votes.

Alister
WINNER
Special Ability: Intelligence - At the beginning of each Week, you may send Richard the name of one raider; any Grenades used on you by that raider will not be counted for the rest of the Week.
Special Item: Books - All Items are 20% less than the original price (except for your discounts).
Weakness: Clumsy - You cannot use any Combat maneuvers.

Amanda
ELIMINATED
Special Ability: Airbending - Allows you to pickpocket £100 from a raider once a Week.
Special Item: Wraithstone - You can summon Fluffy to counter an attack. The target cannot attack you again during this Week. Can only be used on one raider a Week.
Weakness: Unskilled - Having relied so long on the Wraithstone, you have little skills in combat. All combat moves remove 1 Health Pack.

Amelia
ELIMINATED
Special Ability: Thrall Hug - You can hug a raider of your choice twice a Week. When this happens, both you and the other raider gets maximum Health Packs restored.
Special Item: Richard's Handgun - Removes 1 Health Pack and adds 2 elimination votes to the target. The target can only be a raider who has attacked you this Week. You can use this once a Week.
Weakness: Manor Upkeep - You have to pay £30 a Week.

Anaya
ELIMINATED
Special Ability: Mechanic - Due to your vast experience of mechanics, every Weapon will cost 20% lower than the original price.
Special Item: Toolkit - Allows you to fix 2 Weapons a Week, making them able to be used once more.
Weakness: Average Mind - Your prize for each task will be decreased by 20%.

Lara
ELIMINATED
Special Ability: Raider - Allows you to steal an Item or Weapon from a chosen raider. You can use this once a Week.
Special Item: Swift Boots - Allows you to dodge an attack of your choice. You can use this once a Week.
Weakness: Overlook - If you run out of Health Packs, you will receive 3 elimination votes instead of 2.

Nishimura
ELIMINATED
Special Ability: Media King - As you are in charge of many media industries in Japan, you earn £50 profit every Week.
Special Item: Suit - Once a Week, you can charm a raider into giving you an Item of their choice from their inventory.
Weakness: Slow - You take longer when doing things and therefore lose a day for all tasks' deadlines.

Rutland
ELIMINATED
Special Ability: Revenge - After a raider is eliminated, you obtain a random Weapon or Item.
Special Item: Sunglasses - Every time you use a Weapon or Item, you earn £10.
Weakness: No Armour - Health Packs cost twice as much.

Takamoto
ELIMINATED
Special Ability: Energy Wave - Exchanges Health Packs for £50. If used in succession with Spear, you don't have to sacrifice any of your own Health Packs.
Special Item: Spear - Leaves the target with 1 Health Pack left. If the target only has 1 Health Pack, it will be removed. Can be used once a day.
Weakness: Artifact Enthusiast - You will pay anything to get your hands on what you want. Every Item costs 10% more. This doesn't affect your discounts.

Winston
ELIMINATED
Special Ability: Clean Up - You can remove 1 Health Pack, 1 Item and £20 from a raider's inventory twice a Week. You cannot 'Clean Up' the same raider twice in a row.
Special Item: Freezer - You have had it with the freezer! You can use it against one raider once a day to protect yourself from any attacks from that raider. It removes 1 Health Pack from the raider due to being frozen. It may not be used on the same raider twice in a row.
Weakness: When you attack using Kick or Arikick, it will only remove 1 Health Pack, while Punching removes none. And when attacked, you can lose up to 2 Health Packs, regardless of which attack was used on you.

Zip
ELIMINATED
Special Ability: Tech Whizz - You gain 20% more money in tasks.
Special Item: Computer - You can add a PDA, Headset or PLS to your inventory once a Week for free.
Weakness: Ineffective - You can only remove 1 Health Pack from a raider when using combat, regardless of the move.

This is your PDA. It will be updated periodically. It may contain advice, hints, tips or puzzles that can be solved, in exchange for money, if you PM me the solution.

Only three raiders remain. Which one will win?

Below is a wordsearch.

For this Week's task, I simply want you to find words related to Bolivia Redux in the wordsearch. I have hidden 6 words. PM me any words you find.

Eliminated Raiders: + Grenade for every word guessed. + £100 donation money for all words guessed.

Remaining Raiders: + 2 Grenades for every word guessed. + £200 for all words guessed.

The deadline is Wednesday noon forum time.

All Grenades must be used by Wednesday night. The final two raiders will then be supplied with more Grenades.

Thanks to Laras Boyfr. and sheepman23.

This series is entirely for fun. The post will be updated in due course. Please comment on what you think about the series, and PM me if you wish to apply to be a raider. Thank you!

Have fun raiding!

Last edited by charliesewell; 06-07-12 at 19:37.
charliesewell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-12, 20:32   #2
sheepman23

AWESOME... O____O This is so much more sophisticated than it was at the beginning of RTR2 - nice job, Charlie.

By the way, mi color es azul.
sheepman23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-12, 20:34   #3
charliesewell

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepman23 View Post
AWESOME... O____O This is so much more sophisticated than it was at the beginning of RTR2 - nice job, Charlie.

By the way, mi color es azul.
Thanks, Sheepman.
Old 15-04-12, 20:37   #4
tomee

OMG the new avatars are sexy.
can't wait.

Edit: I'll go with my royal blue colour of course.
Edit2: Damn it seems to rules are even more fleshed out than they were now. Nice, I like them.

Last edited by tomee; 15-04-12 at 20:43.
tomee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-12, 20:48   #5
charliesewell

LuigiEspadachin will be joining as Zip, but he will be unavailable for two weeks.
Old 15-04-12, 20:52   #6
sheepman23

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliesewell View Post
LuigiEspadachin will be joining as Zip, but he will be unavailable for two weeks.
Wait...

Does that mean we're going to go on without him, or that the series will start in two weeks?
Old 15-04-12, 20:52   #7
Anja

This looks interesting, however I won't enter, i don't think I'll have much time to do this (not to mention I am lazy XD).I will be definitively following this though.
Anja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-12, 20:55   #8
charliesewell

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepman23 View Post
Wait...

Does that mean we're going to go on without him, or that the series will start in two weeks?
I was thinking we could start without him - he would still be eligable for elimination. Is that alright?
Old 15-04-12, 20:57   #9
sheepman23

Quote:
I was thinking we could start without him - he would still be eligable for elimination. Is that alright?
Hmm, I suppose that would be alright.

If the series is going to start next week, then he'll only miss Bolivia, which shouldn't be too big of a deal.
Old 15-04-12, 21:03   #10
Laras Boyfr.

Quote:
After every raider has been taken, and there is still someone left who wants to be Zip, I think that person should be him
2 weeks isnt little...

Im gonna stick with darkred, whats the color code of it? Im on mobile D:

Rutland FTW!
Laras Boyfr. is offline   Reply With Quote