Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Old 19-11-16, 16:22   #51
VictorXD

^ It is when you want your game to be Gritty®, Mature™ and story driven.

And oh my gaaaawd you guys. Why are people still coming up with explanations for that line </3 It has nothing to do with Lara's likes and dislikes, it was just a small fun, ironic moment to make gamers go 'ha! lol'. Like Daring said a few pages ago, in the story it is just one one of those moments when you flip out and say you something and you actually really love it.
VictorXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-16, 19:36   #52
jajay119

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daring Do View Post
You're acting like being cheesy is a bad thing. I mean, just look at the past TRs. A lot of them were cheese platters and people love them.
Thats because for me it is a bad thing. CD have never done cheesy well. Ever. The LAU era was painful at times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
It's what happened while there and the rather revolting surroundings that promoted her to say that.
There are many different and more relevant things she could have said to react to the situation she was in. To me what she said will always have been the least suitable. I think it was clearly done to be ironic and to me it failed spectacularly. If people like it then that's fine but I think it's stupid.

Last edited by jajay119; 19-11-16 at 19:41.
jajay119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-16, 19:48   #53
Mani_Man

I could understand the fixation and problem with the line...if the classic tomb raider would have outstanding writing itself.

But it hasnt.
The classic tomb raider games always had lines, dialogue etc that were...just there, sounded cheesy etc.
Mani_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-16, 21:51   #54
Daring Do

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorXD View Post
And oh my gaaaawd you guys. Why are people still coming up with explanations for that line </3 It has nothing to do with Lara's likes and dislikes, it was just a small fun, ironic moment to make gamers go 'ha! lol'. Like Daring said a few pages ago, in the story it is just one one of those moments when you flip out and say you something and you actually really love it.
Thank you! People are taking this line WAY too seriously.
Daring Do is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-16, 22:04   #55
Classic98
Inactive

Some people on here take almost EVERYTHING to do with Tomb Raider and videogames way too seriously.

Last edited by Classic98; 19-11-16 at 22:29.
Classic98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-16, 00:34   #56
jajay119

There's not really anything to take seriously. Its a line that was meant to be found funny. Some people do. Some people don't. Both for various reasons. End of story. Why that'sbeing made into a big deal is beyond me though. Though it is TRF. The land where people can't understand others having a different opinion to you isn't a big deal.

Last edited by jajay119; 20-11-16 at 00:36.
jajay119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-16, 07:08   #57
Daft Raider
Inactive

Lara: I hate tombs!

TR Fans: What does she mean??

TR fans reading into a line that was suppose to be a one of joke line will never not be hilarious to me.
Daft Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-16, 12:38   #58
VictorXD

^ lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by jajay119 View Post
There's not really anything to take seriously. Its a line that was meant to be found funny. Some people do. Some people don't. Both for various reasons. End of story. Why that'sbeing made into a big deal is beyond me though. Though it is TRF. The land where people can't understand others having a different opinion to you isn't a big deal.
That wasn't aimed at you dude, no need to be so condescending. It's aimed at people who are coming up for story explanations for it, 'she evolved and now she loves it' and etc.
VictorXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-16, 12:42   #59
Blackmoor

Another line in the Reboots (Rise this time) that made me chuckle in the same way as "I hate tombs", is the one where Lara is hiding in the Prophet's tomb at the start and the mercs are going to open it. Konstantin says, "Open it. Carefully! It could be extremely dangerous."

I thought that was a subtle play on us knowing that L. Croft is in there........... who is of course "extremely dangerous" (or meant to be anyway).

I like this kind of subtle humour.
Blackmoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-16, 13:09   #60
lizardspock110

^Same I love that line, Syria and the prison scene had some really good lines
lizardspock110 is offline   Reply With Quote