Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 06-08-17, 12:39   #801
DragonSlayer

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by lararoxs View Post
Has anyone else been tackling the New Game+? I'm on Ultra Hard and I can see that machines are tougher to kill but it's more of a 'plug at it and you'll get there', rather than frustration and giving up. It's still very early in the storyline and things progress quite a bit but at the moment, I'm not feeling the hype. Maybe, as I've completed the story again, quite recently.
Wait until you get to the final fight against the deathbringer on ultra hard difficultyI spent two hours fighting it last night and couldn't get past it sometimes I would last several minutes sometimes it would be over in under a minute, I've tried everything I can think of shooting off the guns on its arms and using them against the deathbringer to shooting the turrets on its head and targeting the heat vents on its head and legs the vents on its legs are harder to hit they don't stay exposed for that long.

I had to reload an earlier save at one point to gather some extra health as I had hardly any left and I had run out of potions while defending the ridge from the machines if only there was a merchant available during this part of the game.

If anyone has any tips for this fight please share them.
DragonSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-17, 18:12   #802
HD Simplicityy

The Frozen Wilds releases on November 7th, same day as the Xbox One X launch. Priced at $20, or preorder for $15. It most likely takes places in Wyoming around Yellowstone National Park.

*Count Dooku voice* "I've been looking forward to this."

https://www.polygon.com/2017/8/7/161...s-release-date
HD Simplicityy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-17, 01:56   #803
Isaac

I've done it lol.

I always avoid harder difficulties because I'm clumsy and I suck with a controller... But I've beaten Horizon Zero Dawn on New Game + on Ultra Hard.
I simply cheesed through everything, sprinted through battles and avoided them. It was somewhat fine.

The final boss though was a real challenge. Took me 4 attempts. But it's done. I know have a beautiful gold focus and face paints!

Last edited by Isaac; 08-08-17 at 02:07.
Isaac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-17, 17:46   #804
dcw123

I never even finished this game... I got near the end, but then the game practically forced me to complete the side stuff (it was like an arena Colosseum)

Then Crash came out on PS4 and I just haven't got back into it..
dcw123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-17, 20:22   #805
DragonSlayer

I've finished the game on ultra hard difficulty now where do I find the new focuses?
Old 14-08-17, 00:55   #806
Isaac

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonSlayer View Post
I've finished the game on ultra hard difficulty now where do I find the new focuses?
In the option menu, visual settings. Facial paint and focus colors should be there.
Isaac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-17, 18:02   #807
DragonSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac View Post
In the option menu, visual settings. Facial paint and focus colors should be there.
Thanks I was looking through the options in photo mode and was wondering where they were.
Old 20-08-17, 21:17   #808
DragonSlayer

Bump

Some improvements I would like to see added to the game.

1 The ability to bulk buy items if we can sell items in bulk we should be able to buy in bulk holding down X to buy something while quick can be a bit annoying especially if you are buying lots of one item for example blaze which is the only item I buy a lot of.

2 Increased inventory space there's been many a time when I've killed a lot of enemies and have to leave something behind because I've run out of space in the resources part of the menu it kills me to leave the good stuff behind and I don't like dropping stuff from my inventory to make room for it unless it's a very low quantity for example one wire, currently my inventory has over 10,000 ridge-wood in it in addition to a load of other stuff.

3 A safehouse for Aloy to stash stuff in, with all of they places Aloy visited someone should have offered her a permanent place to stay being out on the move the whole time with nowhere to stay would be annoying even Aloy must need some rest and relaxation from time to time, it would make having to ditch stuff to make room for other items far less annoying.

What improvements if any would you like to see made to the game?
Old 21-08-17, 03:18   #809
HD Simplicityy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonSlayer View Post
Bump

Some improvements I would like to see added to the game.

1 The ability to bulk buy items if we can sell items in bulk we should be able to buy in bulk holding down X to buy something while quick can be a bit annoying especially if you are buying lots of one item for example blaze which is the only item I buy a lot of.

2 Increased inventory space there's been many a time when I've killed a lot of enemies and have to leave something behind because I've run out of space in the resources part of the menu it kills me to leave the good stuff behind and I don't like dropping stuff from my inventory to make room for it unless it's a very low quantity for example one wire, currently my inventory has over 10,000 ridge-wood in it in addition to a load of other stuff.

3 A safehouse for Aloy to stash stuff in, with all of they places Aloy visited someone should have offered her a permanent place to stay being out on the move the whole time with nowhere to stay would be annoying even Aloy must need some rest and relaxation from time to time, it would make having to ditch stuff to make room for other items far less annoying.

What improvements if any would you like to see made to the game?
I agree with that.
I want to see character interaction that is more natural, not so stiff, as in the dialogue branches. On that note some character animations are clunky. Even
many of the characters share the same head/arm movement animations while chatting. That gets old after a while. Guerrilla should refine their animations.
More highjackable robots would be nice. Hmm...improved dialogue in general. Some was rough, not all though. Just certain areas.
All these are wishes for Frozen Wilds and future games.
I thought the water animations when Aloy jumps in needed more detail. She doesn't make splashes. More like water sound effects with no visual details. Those visual details only show up when you shoot the water with arrows or other weapons.
It might be me, but I feel the sound design is lacking bass. There's a lot of crackling sounds. It all sounds "shallow", if you get my drift.
HD Simplicityy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-17, 15:16   #810
DragonSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD Simplicityy View Post
I agree with that.
I want to see character interaction that is more natural, not so stiff, as in the dialogue branches. On that note some character animations are clunky. Even
many of the characters share the same head/arm movement animations while chatting. That gets old after a while. Guerrilla should refine their animations.
More highjackable robots would be nice. Hmm...improved dialogue in general. Some was rough, not all though. Just certain areas.
All these are wishes for Frozen Wilds and future games.
I thought the water animations when Aloy jumps in needed more detail. She doesn't make splashes. More like water sound effects with no visual details. Those visual details only show up when you shoot the water with arrows or other weapons.
It might be me, but I feel the sound design is lacking bass. There's a lot of crackling sounds. It all sounds "shallow", if you get my drift.
I did some checking to see if Aloy could make some splashes and she does make some splashes just go a bit higher and then jump into water and there will be a splash, I couldn't find a place that was high enough and with nothing but water below to try diving from a great height the few places I found that were high enough had large chunks of rock between Aloy and the water I chose not to try or Aloy would most likely have not survived the attempted dive.

I tried a few times to get Aloy to dive sometimes she would do it most of the time she would just roll into the water but would definitely cause a splash.

I rarely go near water unless I'm hunting a snapmaw which is why it never occurred to me to check if Aloy could cause splashes until I saw your post.

Horizon Zero Dawn update 1.32 adds an easier story difficulty
https://www.playstationtrophies.org/...ifficulty.html

Last edited by DragonSlayer; 21-08-17 at 15:19.