Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 30-06-15, 15:42   #1761
V.C.I.

I have Excel^^
Wow. Thank you very much for help!
V.C.I. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-15, 19:35   #1762
Titak

Question

Question:
Inspired by the summersaults while sprinting in Relic Run, I made a new sprinting animation and a summersault animation.
This summersault can take place at two moments during sprinting: right foot first and left foot first.

One of the two works flawless.
Lara goed into the start of the summersault and then goes on to the second part of the animation.
The other one however does not work properly: Lara does not perform part 1 of the summersault, she goes directly into the second part. The first part isn't very long, but going straight to the second part makes it look like she is floating into the summersault effortlessly.

I've checked the the Next Anim numbers in Animation Editor, and they are correct.
Both part1 animations have the same StateID (3).
They are in slots 230 and 232 (replacing the sprint roll that takes place when hitting the jump button while sprinting) and both have Next Anim 643, which is the second part of the summersault.

Why oh why does she skip this one part1 animation?

Any ideas what it could be?

Last edited by Titak; 01-07-15 at 19:55. Reason: spelling
Titak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-15, 19:47   #1763
Joey79100

How have you added them? Scripts or StateID changes?

And... Why did you choose StateID 32? It's used for the sliding backwards animations.
When I've made my sprint jump, I've put StateID 3 to both first and second part of the animations, because it's the way it was done by Core for the normal running jump (anim 16/18 and 17/19).
Joey79100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-15, 19:54   #1764
Titak

Typed the wrong StateID.
It's 3.

It wasn't working properly through StateID changes in the sprinting animation, so I'm using scripts.
Simple scripts for now, without any ENV_ commands.

Also, since she does perform the summersault, it looks like she is at least performing one frame of the part1 animation.

Code:
; Sprint - summersault
Animation=		230, KEY1_JUMP, IGNORE, IGNORE, ENV_FRAME_NUMBER, 0,  IGNORE, -223 ; summersault while sprinting (= possible to jump over gaps!)
Animation=		232, KEY1_JUMP, IGNORE, IGNORE, ENV_FRAME_NUMBER, 9,  IGNORE, -223 ; summersault while sprinting (= possible to jump over gaps!)

Last edited by Titak; 01-07-15 at 19:55.
Old 01-07-15, 20:18   #1765
Joey79100

Not sure what's the problem, it should work fine.

In my opinion it would be better to use StateID changes, but in this case I'm not even sure it would solve the problem as we don't know what it is exactly.
If you want to try it though, use them with StateID 74 (by replacing the one already existing), because it is used for rolling, which is done through the jump key.
Old 02-07-15, 06:46   #1766
Titak

^
I can't remember for sure, but that's how I had it at first. Because like you said, those were the StateID's of the rolling.
But Lara couldn't jump over gaps when using that StateID.
So I changed it to 3 instead.

Still it is weird that she will not perform the entire part1 animation...

I could go back to StateID 74 and reinstate the StaeID changes in the sprinting animation and see what happens then.

**** EDIT ****
No change, she still won't fully perform animation 232 and moves straight on to 643.
I wonder what'll happen if 232 does not go to 643 but to another slot instead. Same animation, but another slot than the one that 230 is linked to.

Last edited by Titak; 02-07-15 at 07:10.
Old 03-07-15, 10:08   #1767
GeckoKid

I saw your best score on Relic Run titak! XD
GeckoKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-15, 11:04   #1768
Titak

^
I'm kinda proud of myself here, considering how bad I was at first.
Btw, you have a PM.
Old 09-07-15, 14:42   #1769
Joey79100

I'm too lazy to shoot a video, so you'll have a screenshot instead.

Pickup (standing & crawling) - item in the bag

Nothing spectacular, Lara just puts her items in her bag now.

The animation is smooth and doesn't really slows down the gameplay (well, 42 frames instead of 30, but you don't really feel them), and it has been mirrored so now she picks up items with her right hand instead of the left one, like in the classics.
Why did I do that? Well, in an original game: light up a torch, keep it in your hand, and pick up something: she will never actually touch the item with her hand. So now it's fixed.

I know someone used my old version of it in his custom level (that I released around 5 years ago, when I just started animating), so I wanted to update it because the old was is ugly, the feet were moving, the end wasn't smooth in game, and she has her torso bent down while her hand is "in" her bag.

There's also the crawlspace version, but this one is made entirely by Core themselves, it was present in a TR3 demo or beta, don't really remember. I just filled the gaps between the frames so it could run at framerate 1 instead of 4.
Old 09-07-15, 15:23   #1770
SrDanielPonces

Oh my god!!

Definitely going to use this!!

Thanks!
SrDanielPonces is offline   Reply With Quote