Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Anniversary

Old 19-11-15, 19:16   #1
Zak123

Default Possible undocumented kills glitch, and question.

Hi all.

So I'm playing the game (PS2 version) being a 'completionist' and thus going for all the kills, as well as all the pickups (supplies). In this game it's especially nice because there's a statistics thing which documents that which I can match with Stella's walkthrough (and I've emailed her about both things I was gonna address but figure I'd share/ask here too).

So basically whenever I encounter a bunch of enemies and not sure if they're all dead, or not sure if something's still alive and just hiding, I check the stats to verify it which is nice.

So the enemy 'glitch', I encountered in St. Francis' Folly:

So, I got to the big tall room, and opened the Poseidon door. After I kill the bats that show up, I have 6 kills (2 bats + 4 lions). Moving forward, I later opened the Hephaestus door... making the checkpoint register, and killing two bats, making 8 kills (checked the stats for myself, and saw that I had 8).

Some short time later, however, I accidentally missed a jump or stepped off and died, placing me back at the Hephaestus switch checkpoint, with the switch already pulled. Thing is... no sign of the two bats. I jumped to the center, and back, tried re-entering and exiting the room, tried going to another checkpoint and back to re-activate that, NO SIGN OF THEM! Checked the stats, and sure enough I am back down to 6 kills. And the switch is pulled as I can no longer interact with it. So those bats are apparently gone forever and I had to restart the level to get all kills if I never saved (which I did resort to)? =/

This 'miss' could very well apply to the other bats released by the switches and their checkpoints. But is this a glitch or was I missing something?

Anyway, the other question is involving pickups.

So in addition to all the kills, I'm also going for all pickups ('supplies'), which means making room for ammo while shooting a round like mentioned with the first set of shotgun shells where she'd be over the limit. While also matching stats.

Now the thing is, throughout the game, prior to getting the 50-calibers in the Coliseum, of all the 50-caliber ammo pickups before that, there happens to be exactly ONE more than the carry limit (the most recent one being in the Damocles room in St. Francis Folly). And without the weapon I can't make room, right? Which means that it's technically impossible to have a perfect score on supplies in all levels prior to Coliseum (since I'll be missing at least one ammo pickup), or is there a way to somehow get everything?

That said, I notice this game lets you sometimes backtrack to previous levels if they're directly connected, unlike the other games. So I figured I'd maybe try that... but it turns out by the time you get those pistols, the door from which I first entered the arena seems to be shut! Which as far as I know, means I have no way to get back to where the level started and back into the tall Folly room and sneak back to the Damocles room? Or is there a way to re-open the door and go back? Or is that perfect score 100% unattainable?

Thanks,

Zak
Zak123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-15, 02:16   #2
tlr online
Tomb Raider Forums

Welcome Zak.

Someone should be along soon with some advice.
tlr online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-15, 10:47   #3
tomee

Is it possible to backtrack all the way to the folly before the door shuts down in Colosseum? If yes, then you can consider the airwalk glitch to reach the 50 calibers in Colosseum.

The stairs I think are all good spots to start the glitch. In case you need more elevation you can just keep holding target and walk towards a ramp or something. You will see that Lara will slowly start ascending.
tomee is offline   Reply With Quote