www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > General Chat

Old 27-04-18, 15:04   #21
Nigel Cassidy
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by godmodder View Post
She has tits and is not afraid to wield them to gain an advantage. Deal with it.
Okay I'll be the first to condemn the aggressive puritanism that is engulfing western popular culture, but when has Lara Croft ever used her sexuality to her advantage??
Nigel Cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-18, 15:08   #22
biscuits
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel Cassidy View Post
Okay I'll be the first to condemn the aggressive puritanism that is engulfing western popular culture, but when has Lara Croft ever used her sexuality to her advantage??
Barring the games? Tomb Raider Cradle of Life
biscuits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-18, 15:09   #23
Nigel Cassidy
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuits View Post
Barring the games? Tomb Raider Cradle of Life
I don't know about that, I saw it once ten years ago. But then I don't think of the films as being canonical, not to any incarnation.
Nigel Cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-18, 15:35   #24
Sir Launcelot
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel Cassidy View Post
I'll be the second to condemn it.

I also have to go with Nigel's choice and say that Legend Lara is "my" Lara.

Sexy and sophisticated, smart and daring, she managed to encompass all that was merely implied in the very first blocky, pixelly Core Lara and take it all to the next level.
Old 27-04-18, 16:04   #25
ActuallyArlow
Explorer

Mine is the Angel of Darkness Lara. The Anti-character. Anti-hero. She doesn't do what the general public wants her to do. She does what SHE wants to do. That's the attitude I get from her anyway. The way she handles her situation that she is in is so calm and controlled, yet you can tell she is also angry and maybe a little fearful. The sarcastic tone she has with people she doesn't like is hilarious: "Am I talking too fast for you?" The way she teases so many men in the game. The way she back talked Kurtis when he said "You really made a mess of this haven't you" and Lara clapped back "Who for? The stalker who stole my painting?" I don't think he was expecting her to retaliate like that, as most of the bad guys she encounters here think. That's my Lara.

Last edited by ActuallyArlow; 27-04-18 at 16:09.
ActuallyArlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-18, 18:17   #26
PlumeEcarlate.
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by godmodder
She has tits and is not afraid to wield them to gain an advantage. Deal with it.
My God ... And I thought this kind of fan beliefs could not exist.

The Cradle of Life is very fresh in my memory and at no time, I mean, at NO... time ... Lara does use her sexuality to satisfy her desires. On the contrary, she is surprise in the back by an excited Gerad Butler whose the arm is immediately twisted by Angie by reflex. It is after Lara discovers his desires towards her that she decides at this moment to manipulate him and to chain him by surprise on the bed.

Where is the role of the chest in all this ?

Our Lara Croft, I mean: The official Lara Croft, will NEVER use sexuality to achieve her ends.

It's in your imagination, and probably in the disgusting propaganda that Eidos has insert into your skull with their ads and images very subtil of the 90s.

Last edited by PlumeEcarlate.; 27-04-18 at 18:43.
PlumeEcarlate. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-18, 19:13   #27
godmodder
Explorer

Quote:
It's in your imagination, and probably in the disgusting propaganda that Eidos has insert into your skull with their ads and images very subtil of the 90s.
There there. Now, instead of bickering about an interpretation of some alleged sexuality of a fictional character, we could have been discussing how awesome saturno hats are

Last edited by godmodder; 27-04-18 at 19:36.
godmodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-18, 19:16   #28
biscuits
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlumeEcarlate. View Post
My God ... And I thought this kind of fan beliefs could not exist.

The Cradle of Life is very fresh in my memory and at no time, I mean, at NO... time ... Lara does use her sexuality to satisfy her desires. On the contrary, she is surprise in the back by an excited Gerad Butler whose the arm is immediately twisted by Angie by reflex. It is after Lara discovers his desires towards her that she decides at this moment to manipulate him and to chain him by surprise on the bed.

Where is the role of the chest in all this ?

Our Lara Croft, I mean: The official Lara Croft, will NEVER use sexuality to achieve her ends.

Sorry about that. I didn't recall that scene properly.
biscuits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-18, 20:15   #29
PlumeEcarlate.
Hobbyist

I must confess being slightly crumpled as soon as "sexuality" sounds too loud alongside Lara Croft, which is often the case with the uninitiated with the franchise. It is a character whose progressive values are often literally buried by its forms for some. (So to think that Lara herself uses her sexuality, it is very difficult to digest. )

I'm worse concerning memory, you do not have to apologize for so little, biscuits. ^^
PlumeEcarlate. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-18, 20:28   #30
godmodder
Explorer

Quote:
I must confess
Your confession will be taken by Father Patrick.

I just love this character

Last edited by godmodder; 27-04-18 at 20:34.
godmodder is offline   Reply With Quote