www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > General Chat

Old 22-06-18, 22:11   #11
Yeauxleaux
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeJuice View Post
lmao i wanna fight you for being so loud but this is true...
Just thought I should say what everyone is thinking

Ok more seriously, it is partly because of Lara I love the games, but I do also love the isolation and exploration. I love travel and seeing different countries in real life first of all, and I also love how the games have Lara venturing into these strange, dark and creepy places where anything could go wrong and nobody is there to help. Working out what you have to do is a lot of fun.
Old 22-06-18, 22:15   #12
Daring Do
Relic Hunter

I think being a TR fan says that we're interested in mythology, adventure, and strong/badass lady characters.
Old 22-06-18, 22:18   #13
OrangeJuice
Explorer

Location: alternative jazzpunk universe looking for a champagne dripping lover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeauxleaux View Post
Just thought I should say what everyone is thinking
taking one for the team yes sis

anyway honestly at this point it's probably just emotional attachment.
i'm not that interested in history and mythology in real life (i do find them fascinating but it kinda just stops there) and idk if i would care for the series as much as i do had i not grown up with it.
but i guess i love the reboot games because as much as people like to call them generic you can't really find any other title on the market right now that embodies 3rd person exploration, platforming and shooting in such a fun way.
and yeah i don't relate to macho male characters i find them cringeworthy.
Old 22-06-18, 22:32   #14
Ahmier
Explorer

I was drawn towards her exploring such vibrant and mystical locations. I remember wanting to do what she does but tbh I would’ve been D-E-A-D trying to do a running jump and busting my face.
Ahmier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-18, 22:39   #15
Yeauxleaux
Professor

Am I the only one who found her jumps funny as a kid? They're so ridiculously high and long that I found it comical.
Old 22-06-18, 22:49   #16
Ahmier
Explorer

Quote:
Am I the only one who found her jumps funny as a kid? They're so ridiculously high and long that I found it comical.
When I was 11, I tried to jump like her. Looked like I was doing jump squats. At that time I was into Catwoman too. I realized you cannot climb walls that don’t have dents.
Ahmier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-18, 22:50   #17
redfox45
Explorer

Quote:
Most fans (especially of the older games) are women and gay men who live vicariously through sassy bold women.

To love Tomb Raider to me was to just know and enjoy good kickass action and adventure when you see it. Explore the unknown, shoot up baddies and jam out to the epic soundtracks of Nathan McCree.
redfox45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-18, 22:56   #18
ActuallyArlow
Explorer

Quote:
I hated how Core never change the idle *straight up* jump especially in AOD, you'd think with evolving into a PS2 era they'd change it into a different animation. I thought it looked to floaty and ridiculous, especially while shooting.

Last edited by ActuallyArlow; 22-06-18 at 22:57.
ActuallyArlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-18, 23:05   #19
Yeauxleaux
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActuallyArlow View Post
I hated how Core never change the idle *straight up* jump especially in AOD, you'd think with evolving into a PS2 era they'd change it into a different animation. I thought it looked too floaty and ridiculous, especially while shooting.
Yeah especially when she had guns drawn, she didn't even swing her arms to give herself upward momentum, yet she jumped just as high. It looked funny.

Without guns drawn I don't think the animation was too bad in itself, that is a cartoon-y version of how someone would jump straight up in real life, swinging the arms back and then upwards. It was just the sheer height of the jump that made it funny, she jumped like twice her own height, taking off like a rocket.

Last edited by tlr online; 24-06-18 at 10:47. Reason: Removed quote.
Yeauxleaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-18, 02:28   #20
yeti
Student

For me it just means I like the old games. Lead character could have been a furry like ratchet and clank or a 60 yr old homeless dude. Makes very little difference. Very few games have been as immersive as the first 4 tomb raiders imo.

Last edited by yeti; 23-06-18 at 02:36.
yeti is offline   Reply With Quote