www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > The Angel of Darkness

Old 20-09-18, 20:07   #491
ashka
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerdy View Post
“Free show”? Not like the tombraider suite? I understand the free show is meant to people who fund it. But I dont mind paying a ticket if I dont fund the project.
So basically backers over certain amount will be getting a free ticket. We will divide them by tiers so those who pledge the most get the first rows etc etc.
We assume there still will be some free spaces left after assignment of those and we will have those tickets on sale. But yes - we believe that those that funded this should be able to get a free ticket as it's their money that make it happen.

THIS IS OFC subject to the amount of money we raise. We will need considerably more than our already big goal to make the show happen
Old 20-09-18, 20:22   #492
Nerdy
Historian

What if there will be like thousands of funders. How can everyone get a ticket. Sorry for these questions. And thank you for answering.
Nerdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-18, 20:27   #493
ashka
Explorer

Quote:
What if there will be like thousands of funders. How can everyone get a ticket. Sorry for these questions. And thank you for answering.
Well average concert hall can handle a couple of thousands. In the event that we have more eligible backers than seats then we will have to raise the pledge tier which will be getting a free ticket. Again, this is only happening in the event we are getting considerably more than the album goal
Our main goal is album, we did investigate the concert and we have some rough quotes for performance etc and stage dressing (we want it to be a grand theatrical show with 3D mapping and proper beautiful decorations) but yes, we prioritise album right now.
Old 20-09-18, 20:29   #494
Nerdy
Historian

How does funding work?
Nerdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-18, 20:48   #495
ashka
Explorer

Quote:
How does funding work?
We're using kickstarter. You are pledging the amount you wish and your card will only be charged if we meet our funding goal in 30 days.
Here are some basics:
https://help.kickstarter.com/hc/en-u...s-Kickstarter-
Old Yesterday, 02:29   #496
Error96
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashka View Post
The reason why we have various physical reward is because we need significantly more money than, say TRS.
hang on …. they asked for £160,000 so if I am reading that right that means your target is 'significantly' over £160,000?

Quote:
the only MASS produced pledge rewards are the albums themselves and posters (double sided, non glossy so you won't get cracks between the seams). Everything else is unique and very exclusive and limited edition.
Sounds very exciting. I do like collecting rare TR things and think this will have a lot of appeal so long as items don't run out too early. The art and trinkets so far are great. I can't wait to see what is next and signed items could be good too like even game covers or AOD memorabilia.

Quote:
Our original plan was to do a Live Concert followed with an album so, if it’s affordable and the time is right, I don’t see why not.
A live show first would have let us hear the quality of the new sections so may have helped. It seems we have two TR music projects both keen to put on more shows, both with amazing music and star power within the TR universe. There may be lots of technical issues and difficulties in making it happen but a joint half and half TRS/TDA concert say somewhere like London, Paris, Berlin or Manchester appears the way to go. Maybe people would say can't happen but I really think there is something in doing that.

Last edited by Error96; Yesterday at 02:32.
Error96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:30   #497
ashka
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Error96 View Post
hang on …. they asked for £160,000 so if I am reading that right that means your target is 'significantly' over £160,000?
Best to read Peter's post, he explains it better

http://www.tombraiderforums.com/show...&postcount=486
Old Yesterday, 18:04   #498
Conz
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Error96 View Post
hang on …. they asked for £160,000 so if I am reading that right that means your target is 'significantly' over £160k
Hi

That doesn’t necessarily mean we’re asking more money for similar pledges, it means we’re asking more people, in general, to pledge. Most tiers will be within reach but, as I said in a previous post, we have to do everything from scratch and a big portion of our budget will go to our arranger / orchestrator, who is the worlds finest. I can’t think of anyone better to do this and this was already taken care of before the TRS live performances so wasn’t included in the TRS Kickstarter budget.

Cheers,
Peter
Conz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 19:15   #499
Horus-Goddess
Professor

Just stumbled on the site today, it looks amazing so far. I wish I could attend the live concert (if/when there is one) but I will be more than happy with the album to listen to. Definitely going to look into backing this in whatever way that I can.

I wish you all the best with it! I'm truly hyped.