www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Fan Artwork, Pictures, Movies and Writings

Old 17-09-17, 18:31   #3201
Gian Carlo
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaraThaRaider View Post
Yet Tomb Raider Memories looks as good as dox and runs at 60 fps for me That was optimized, dox wasn't.
PS2 graphics: http://core-design.com/tombraidermem...nshots_004.jpg

PS4 graphics:http://tombraider-dox.com/wp-content...0.18.05.01.png

I think you need glasses.

And a new potato.
Old 17-09-17, 18:40   #3202
TR-Freak
Professor

What's the point of this discussion tho?

"THIS IS UNOPTIMIZED!!!!1111".
Boy, the level isn't even finished and even though I run on a mid to low-end computer (GeForce GTX 660 GPU), I can run the game pretty fine.
You can clearly see nicobass tried to optimize the Game as much as possible, but lots foliage with an open area will always result less optimized, because you simply can't.
(I even had a bug where the big chamber was not loaded yet and died because I fell into the void)
Old 17-09-17, 18:42   #3203
Zebra
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gian Carlo View Post
PS2 graphics: http://core-design.com/tombraidermem...nshots_004.jpg

PS4 graphics:http://tombraider-dox.com/wp-content...0.18.05.01.png

I think you need glasses.

And a new potato.
Actually, those are more like PS3-level graphics than PS2 graphics. But yeah, comparing an old UE3 prototype to a more or less finished UE4 level is relatively pointless in this case.

Last edited by Zebra; 17-09-17 at 18:43.
Zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-17, 18:45   #3204
tlr online
Administrator

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaraThaRaider View Post
Yet Tomb Raider Memories looks as good as dox and runs at 60 fps for me That was optimized, dox wasn't.
All of the accounts you've created on our forum have been disabled. Go troll somewhere else.
tlr online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-17, 19:06   #3205
Zreen001
Archaeologist

I still think it's a beautifully crafted game. I don't care if it's a demo. I enjoyed being able to actually explore again, I enjoyed the reimagining of the Wall itself, I loved how the game space merged quite well with the horizon, making it feel like--as Underworld marketed at one time--you could explore everything!

Any problems I might have had were simply because of my own tech, not a problem with the game itself. I knew my limitations and I still enjoyed the game.

So thank you, Nicobass, for this.
Old Yesterday, 00:21   #3206
coolaideonfire
Archaeologist

I played this earlier today on my potato computer and thought it ran really well. After reading the thread I didn't think my computer stood a chance in hell but I was surprised. I turned all the graphic settings down to low/off, and haven't yet experimented with turning things up to see what I can handle, but it looked really good anyway.

I was impressed with it overall. Considering it's a one-man team the demo seems really well made. I agree there was some input delay, especially when Lara is pulling herself up from a ledge, but that's a minor quibble in the grand scheme of things. I'll definitely keep an eye on any further developments.
coolaideonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 16:45   #3207
tlr online
Administrator

Exclamation

Some posts have been removed. Moving forward off topic posts and arguments will have infraction points applied without warning.

Please use this thread to discuss The Dagger Of Xian remake.
tlr online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 19:10   #3208
Heckler
Professor

Okay 2 things... Firstly ^... How was that off topic? It was a blatant troll and it's part of discussion. The rate at which people are being silenced here nowadays for having unpopular opinions is really starting to drive the more level-minded of us away. Been loyal to this place for almost 10 years for being a safe-haven for opinions. What happened?

Secondly. Just played through this again and boy it was fun! I really didn't know the tigers could swim up to now xD. Always killed instead of flee.
Old Yesterday, 19:59   #3209
Blue_light
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heckler View Post
Okay 2 things... Firstly ^... How was that off topic? It was a blatant troll and it's part of discussion. The rate at which people are being silenced here nowadays for having unpopular opinions is really starting to drive the more level-minded of us away.
But the unpopular opinion is there, the posts that were deleted were just forum members assuming who was said troll/talking behind another member's back. Now that's off-topic.

Anyway, I'm just here to say that. I didn't play the demo, just saw walkthroughs. Looks really neat, though I wished it would have been the whole level, because the trap craziness + T-Rex was what I liked about the original level.
Old Yesterday, 20:37   #3210
valerys
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_light View Post
But the unpopular opinion is there, the posts that were deleted were just forum members assuming who was said troll/talking behind another member's back. Now that's off-topic.

Anyway, I'm just here to say that. I didn't play the demo, just saw walkthroughs. Looks really neat, though I wished it would have been the whole level, because the trap craziness + T-Rex was what I liked about the original level.
The remaining traps were all already shown in a video he made more than a year ago, my guess is the T-rex is the one giving Nico nightmares at night
valerys is online now   Reply With Quote