Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures, Shows and Shorts

Old 20-09-17, 11:45   #341
Portugalraider

From reading the last few pages in this thread: Seriously? There are people still thinking the script from JULY is the final script and that they somehow just changed while shooting? People, please, use your common sense! They wouldn't change it like that on the go! Some small changes like saying "No" instead of "Nah" yes, could happen on the go, but reworking entire scenes? That would not happen.

The script was real, yet not final! And we knew already they were still working on it in October 2016. The overall plot wouldn't change yes, but things would get polished and rewritten to make it better, which by going by many of you, it is what it happen.

Honestly, the only thing I'm not liking from the trailer is the "Daddy wants me to save the world" cliché. But the rest of the movie (at least from the trailer), especially Alicia as Lara, has me sold on it. Hoping for the best.
Portugalraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-17, 12:08   #342
Dustie

Actually, scripts can change during shooting, even to the extent of significant rewrites. That costs money and causes trouble for production, so it is always avoided, but it does happen.

There are many ways to change a scene just a little, but have it result in a different outcome of a whole film. In other words, even little changes can have a big impact, so they might have changed things up during shooting to achieve a different result.
Dustie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-17, 12:14   #343
Wooxman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portugalraider View Post
Honestly, the only thing I'm not liking from the trailer is the "Daddy wants me to save the world" cliché. But the rest of the movie (at least from the trailer), especially Alicia as Lara, has me sold on it. Hoping for the best.
Yeah, that sucks. Though I really hope that they keep the bit about Richard being a secret tomb raider instead of that "famous explorer", because at least in the leaked script Lara studies either history or archaeology without the reason being that her father was an archaeologist.

But since they made the effort of writing Lara's character to be similar to classic Lara and even put in the braid and dual pistols (even if it's just for one scene) makes me wonder why they didn't try to combine the classic and reboot origin stories. They're kinda similar anyway, so why not taking the classic origin story and replacing the plane crash in the Himalaya with everything that happened on Yamatai? After all Lara's father already played next to no role in RotTR, so it wouldn't be a problem if her parents were still alive. But, oh well, I guess that then the reboot hardcore fans would complain.
Wooxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-17, 12:25   #344
Patrick star

I haven't read the script , but I don't want Lara's sole motivation to search for the island is to "save humanity" or "find daddy" . After all , TR2013's Lara's main motivation for the Yamatai trip had nothing to do with family or humanity stuff , it was solely "to find adventure" and "make her own mark" , which is a lot better . We already know that movie Lara doesn't give a damn about her classes , and that doesn't strike me as the bookwarm who's utterly obsessed with mysteries , ruins and tombs that was Game Lara , so I hope that gets reworked somehow to make her more a of the tomb-addict she is in the games .

Last edited by Patrick star; 20-09-17 at 12:28.
Patrick star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-17, 13:01   #345
Portugalraider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustie View Post
Actually, scripts can change during shooting, even to the extent of significant rewrites. That costs money and causes trouble for production, so it is always avoided, but it does happen.

There are many ways to change a scene just a little, but have it result in a different outcome of a whole film. In other words, even little changes can have a big impact, so they might have changed things up during shooting to achieve a different result.
I know, Rogue One and Justice League come to mind. But when that happens we hear reports of troubled productions and major reshoots, which hasn't happen in this movie. Production ended on time and reshoots were minimal. If major things changed in this movie, it was while writing the script
Portugalraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-17, 13:40   #346
Dustie

They might have very well made at least one major change during the shooting, we don't know that. Not to mention they still have time to do pick-up shoots.

Last edited by Dustie; 20-09-17 at 13:42.
Old 20-09-17, 14:48   #347
Tonyrobinson

There are some changes which we know most of them minor but for the better.

LONDON:

Lara has a bike race/game where she is arrested.
Lara has additional flat mates.
The key is in a puzzle box.
Trinity is already known about judging by the map so Richard will probably already know about it to and try an stop them instead of finding out about them later.

YAMATI:

Mathias and Lara seemingly meet on island.
More action scenes.
Lara's first kill on the beach. (Leo Ashizawa's character)
Additional set pieces in the tomb.
Plane wing scene.
Falling from tree scene.
Tonyrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-17, 14:53   #348
PinkyPromise

I think she falls from the tree into the water. Then she is dragged through the water until she is fastened to the wing of the plane. She climbs the wing of the plane and she jumps into the cavine. Then the crystal breaks and she falls with the parachute.

The script is the same only that they have coordinated the action scenes, being larger
PinkyPromise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-17, 16:18   #349
Dustie

She's tied so she's escaping, you can even see the tree receiving a hit right ahead where she wants to take a step. She misses and orchestrally face-plants the log, then falls.

I actually think they cut that smaking her face portion by a few frames, it seems less pronounced in the full trailer
Old 20-09-17, 17:11   #350
rewak

So what does everyone think about the fact they might have literally shown the last shot of the movie in the trailer? I hate it when trailers use anything from the last 15-20 minutes of a movie, it should always be kept a surprise.
rewak is offline   Reply With Quote