Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Modding

Old 31-01-15, 18:55   #1
Se7enex

Question How To Package Files Into A Tpf?

Just a quick note, I know you guys take plagiarism seriously and I never intend to release ANY modified TPFs I make and if I ever do I'd always ask the original modder's permission and cite them as a source.

Okay, so I used TPFextract to extract a TPF so I could edit the DDS (Basically added a hair texture to it) however I have no idea how to package those loose image files back into a TPF. I tried to go into modding mode on TexMod and using the selected .def file on the extracted TPF folder however I got game-standard textures when trying it out the modified TPF.

Can someone help me out? I appreciate it!
Se7enex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-15, 11:50   #2
The Great Chi
The Inscrutable One

Very interesting that there is a TPFextractor back to DDS. Do you have a link?

The way I have taken textures from someone elses TPF is just run that texmod level and photoshoot the item in the game (for instance fishnet stockings) and make it into a BMP texture and cut and past it into the BMP in the level I want to use.

A bit longwinded but it works. I am not going to spend 5 days making fishnet stockings for Lara when someone else has already done that work

Making a TPF.
Anyway getting to a method of transfering a (plagiarism) BMP texture into a packaged TPF.

OK using texmod, put the level up you want to change, and click on the textures you want to change. Come out of texmod, and you have a lot of BMP textures and a texmod log.

You then use a paint program to modify each BMP, and just cut and past the plagiarism BMP in, and then when finished, package the level into a TPF. (Just make sure your texmod log ties up with the BMP textures name).

You then have plagiarism BMPs in your packaged TPF. Easy.

PS....I assume you can change DDS to BMP and back, if needed.

By the way (as you say) most people on here do not mind you using their work, as long as you ask them beforehand.

Last edited by The Great Chi; 01-02-15 at 18:38.
The Great Chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-15, 20:39   #3
Se7enex

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Chi View Post
Very interesting that there is a TPFextractor back to DDS. Do you have a link?

The way I have taken textures from someone elses TPF is just run that texmod level and photoshoot the item in the game (for instance fishnet stockings) and make it into a BMP texture and cut and past it into the BMP in the level I want to use.

A bit longwinded but it works. I am not going to spend 5 days making fishnet stockings for Lara when someone else has already done that work

Making a TPF.
Anyway getting to a method of transfering a (plagiarism) BMP texture into a packaged TPF.

OK using texmod, put the level up you want to change, and click on the textures you want to change. Come out of texmod, and you have a lot of BMP textures and a texmod log.

You then use a paint program to modify each BMP, and just cut and past the plagiarism BMP in, and then when finished, package the level into a TPF. (Just make sure your texmod log ties up with the BMP textures name).

You then have plagiarism BMPs in your packaged TPF. Easy.

PS....I assume you can change DDS to BMP and back, if needed.

By the way (as you say) most people on here do not mind you using their work, as long as you ask them beforehand.
...HUH?!

(http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=162333 is the source of the program I'm talking about)

It extracts the proper files (DDS in this case since im trying to edit Batman skins) and one .def file. I'm trying to figure out how to repackage those files after editing the DDS to my liking.

To give you an example, it will extract four DDS files and one .def file. I edit the DDS file to make it how I like it then I go into Texmod and choose the def file that was extracted but when it builds it seems to still use default textures, I don't know what I'm missing.

Last edited by Se7enex; 01-02-15 at 20:42.
Old 01-02-15, 21:38   #4
The Great Chi
The Inscrutable One

OK, just read that thread link, and I can now see why you were talking about DDS files. And that you are trying to retrieve a complete set of textures.

I have only dealt with the Texmod program itself and it creates BMP textures and the texmod text document log, and you modify textures and then create the TPF.

The method I mentioned in my message above, is my way of working backwards to get BMP textures out of someone elses TPF.

Its not as ideal a method as what you are wanting. But its not a waste, as others might be interested in using my method.

So unfortunately I cannot help you, maybe someone else can. Hope you get an answer, Cheers Chi
The Great Chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-15, 05:00   #5
Stosh

I thought I recalled this

TPFcreate. I checked the links and they work.
Stosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-15, 05:04   #6
Se7enex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stosh View Post
I thought I recalled this

TPFcreate. I checked the links and they work.
I just beat the extra DLC in Batman so I kind of ran out of steam to try and make this work but I'm sure ill run into TPFs again and have the desire to edit them a bit, thanks for the link ill check it out!
Old 02-02-15, 05:48   #7
Stosh

Se7enex - You're welcome!
Stosh is offline   Reply With Quote