www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Anniversary

Old 11-01-17, 23:09   #91
redfox45
Historian

One of the last games I recall being genuinely hyped for to the point of obsession. And looking back I have to say it was everything I hoped it would be.

But a big reason was that I missed out on TR1 and for the longest time found it hard to enjoy as playing it felt like nothing but a frustrating step backwards from what I was used to (TR2) so Anniversary was my second chance so to speak.

Since then my outlook has changed quite drastically and i'm able to appreciate TR1 for the incredible game that it is. And though my love for the remake has waned a little I still consider it a great game.

Last edited by redfox45; 11-01-17 at 23:10.
redfox45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-17, 12:36   #92
tomee
Tomb Raider

It was my very first TR game and it will always hold a very special place in my heart.
Old 14-01-17, 14:54   #93
ReginaSabae
Hobbyist

Itís a gorgeous game. I believe it does the original game justice despite some levels being shortened and some being made a tad bit harder (the Centaur boss fight at the end of Tomb of Tihocan and the climbing section in the Great Pyramid level).
Itís got gorgeous visuals that still hold up pretty well today, talented voice actors, amazing soundtrack, good puzzles, lengthy levels etc.
ReginaSabae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-17, 23:35   #94
sheepman23
Relic Hunter

It's tied with Rise as my favorite Crystal game (but quite a large margin, actually). While not better than any of the first four classics, Anniversary has a certain charm to it that makes it very fun and replayable, even though it does a pretty poor job of actually re-imagining the original title for the most part. There are some bright spots in the remaking, such as St. Francis Folly or most of Egypt, but as a whole the game misses a mark on paying tribute to TR1 effectively... the good news is that doesn't make it less enjoyable, just less of a great game in respect to being a remake.
sheepman23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:40   #95
Trenton
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepman23 View Post
It's tied with Rise as my favorite Crystal game (but quite a large margin, actually). While not better than any of the first four classics, Anniversary has a certain charm to it that makes it very fun and replayable, even though it does a pretty poor job of actually re-imagining the original title for the most part. There are some bright spots in the remaking, such as St. Francis Folly or most of Egypt, but as a whole the game misses a mark on paying tribute to TR1 effectively... the good news is that doesn't make it less enjoyable, just less of a great game in respect to being a remake.
This. I couldn't have said it better myself!