Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 07-07-18, 01:05   #1
Feder

Arrow The Hidden Dagger Fixed Version

Hello everyone

Recently I've been told there are some problems with The Hidden Dagger because in some systems the health and oxigen bars can't be seen, so I will take this opportunity to create a new package with the "setup" option to change the resolution, and fix some other bugs like:

- the famous harmless acid pool in level 1.
- the hard to spot uzis in level 2.
- the room where Lara can get stuck if she survives the spike pit in level 3.
- the half-buried door in level 5.

Besides those fixes, I thought about changing some other things like removing some enemies, modifying some areas a little, or including Arsunt patches, but I'm not sure... Maybe the game is fine as it is, but I would like to hear any opinions/suggestions specially involving other unknown bugs to fix.

I plan to release the update by next week.
Feder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-18, 01:17   #2
DaroRaider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feder View Post
Hello everyone

I plan to release the update by next week.
Hello Feder,
Are you planning to release this package as a 'separated version'?
I mean, in trle.net there would be another entry for this package or you would ask Prager to upload and replace the old package?
DaroRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-18, 07:26   #3
Wolf 7

Quote:
- the famous harmless acid pool in level 1.

Besides those fixes, I thought about changing some other things like removing some enemies, modifying some areas a little, or including Arsunt patches, but I'm not sure... Maybe the game is fine as it is, but I would like to hear any opinions/suggestions specially involving other unknown bugs to fix.
Well I didn't even noticed there were bugs in this game. I always thought it was a masterpiece (masterpiece for me means a game not only with high ratings, but also so good that I play it several times).
About changing ... Well I remember in level 3 that there was a really tight timed run ... but I can't say where was it. Then I would advise you to remove the fish in level three, they're just annoying.
If you don't know what to change check the reviews, if you haven't done it yet, sometimes you can find some good advise!
Wolf 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-18, 10:06   #4
Topixtor

Quote:
Recently I've been told there are some problems with The Hidden Dagger because in some systems the health and oxigen bars can't be seen, so I will take this opportunity to create a new package with the "setup" option to change the resolution, and fix some other bugs like:

I thought about changing some other things like removing some enemies, modifying some areas a little, or including Arsunt patches, but I'm not sure... Maybe the game is fine as it is, but I would like to hear any opinions/suggestions specially involving other unknown bugs to fix.
In some systems, you can't see oxygen and health bars because they needed a fullscreen patch (every TR2 package should be updated by now with the new exes).
No idea where the uzis were, I always picked them up in level 1, but I'm confident I picked everything up. Were they onto a platform in the hook room that you need to move to reach a key?
I don't know if you can survive the spike pit without abusing the safe spot of the spikes. In that case, it's not really the designer fault in my opinion, blame Core for that
Never noticed an half buried door in level 5.
About unknown bugs, sometimes I noticed you don't get the dagger in level 5, but it's a nitpick. Of course game sometimes crashes due to light bulbs being THE bugged thing in that engine; the most times it crashed when picking the dragon seal in level 4, as there is a light into it.
I don't think you should remove any enemies, like, every enemy placement is kinda perfect in your game. People will always say there are too many anyway Actually, I think there is too much ammo and maybe meds, but not sure about meds.
If you want to add/change/improve some areas, do as you like, I will be more than happy to replay the game even another time Arsunt's patches are a cool addition, the only thing that may change the experience is the fog distance, so be sure it doesn't ruin the atmosphere, and remember you can set the distance yourself to see when it's too much. But for me, it's already a masterpiece. Maybe ADD some enemies, am I right?

Last edited by Topixtor; 07-07-18 at 10:10.
Topixtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-18, 14:43   #5
Feder

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaroRaider View Post
Hello Feder,
Are you planning to release this package as a 'separated version'?
I mean, in trle.net there would be another entry for this package or you would ask Prager to upload and replace the old package?
No, it will be an update over the same package. It seemed unnecessary to make a new entry just for a few tweaks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf 7 View Post
Well I didn't even noticed there were bugs in this game. I always thought it was a masterpiece (masterpiece for me means a game not only with high ratings, but also so good that I play it several times).
So glad you liked it that much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf 7 View Post
About changing ... Well I remember in level 3 that there was a really tight timed run ... but I can't say where was it. Then I would advise you to remove the fish in level three, they're just annoying.
If you don't know what to change check the reviews, if you haven't done it yet, sometimes you can find some good advise!
You mean the timed run with the spiked bags? That's the tightest but I did it on purpose, I wanted some challenging timed run that you can't get through with the first or second try

As for the fishes, you are right about them beeing annoying, but the purpose of them was to make use of the harpoon gun, also to add variety of enemies, but I'll keep that in mind

So far all the fixes I read about on the reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topixtor View Post
In some systems, you can't see oxygen and health bars because they needed a fullscreen patch (every TR2 package should be updated by now with the new exes).
Of course! Now I remembered, it happened to me too when I first play TR2 on windows 7-10. I think I was able to fix it with a file named "ddraw.dll", I will add that as well.

Quote:
No idea where the uzis were, I always picked them up in level 1, but I'm confident I picked everything up. Were they onto a platform in the hook room that you need to move to reach a key?
Yes they were but I saw walkthrough videos and read the walkthrough and all seemed to be missing them, surely because the floor texture doesn't allow you to spot them, so now I put a little shadow to make them brighter (just in case someone doesn't find them in the first level).

Quote:
About unknown bugs, sometimes I noticed you don't get the dagger in level 5, but it's a nitpick. Of course game sometimes crashes due to light bulbs being THE bugged thing in that engine; the most times it crashed when picking the dragon seal in level 4, as there is a light into it.
I don't think you should remove any enemies, like, every enemy placement is kinda perfect in your game. People will always say there are too many anyway Actually, I think there is too much ammo and maybe meds, but not sure about meds.
If you want to add/change/improve some areas, do as you like, I will be more than happy to replay the game even another time Arsunt's patches are a cool addition, the only thing that may change the experience is the fog distance, so be sure it doesn't ruin the atmosphere, and remember you can set the distance yourself to see when it's too much. But for me, it's already a masterpiece. Maybe ADD some enemies, am I right?
About the dagger, that's because the next days after the release I had to correct some things and uploaded the package several times, and in one of them I forgot to add the "Secret Dagger" on the script. Now it works fine

The light bulbs are really hard to fix, but I will move up the one above the dragon head to avoid collision.

Ammo is other thing I though about reducing but at the end of the game there is no much to spare anyway, so maybe it is suitable for every player this way.

The only Arsunt patches I want to add are the health and oxigen bars and the waving inventory Adding some more enemies sounds good for a "Master Edition"

By the way, how about a "select level" mode? So the player can select the level where he/she likes to start without any weapons, like in TR2 gold, if he/she wants more challenge, or replaying a specific level.
Old 07-07-18, 15:23   #6
Topixtor

Quote:
By the way, how about a "select level" mode? So the player can select the level where he/she likes to start without any weapons, like in TR2 gold, if he/she wants more challenge, or replaying a specific level.
That's actually a really cool idea!
Old 14-07-18, 18:31   #7
Feder

Default Package Sent

Well, I finished the updated pack with the next features:

-The acid pool is no longer harmless.
-Lara won't get stuck if she survives the spike pit in level 3.
-Some enemies have been removed.
-Some items have been replaced/removed.
-Some areas of the first level have been slightly modified.
-Select level mode for those who want more of a challenge.
-Added "ddraw.dll" file to make the full screen work on windows 10.
-Arsunt patches for health and oxigen bars, and inventory waving effect.

So I think it should be up in a few days not as a new release, but as an updated version of the previous one.
Old 14-07-18, 20:04   #8
thewolf
Golden

Those are some nice little changes
thewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-18, 00:21   #9
Topixtor

Very nice! I don't know if I will like the fact that you removed enemies, but everything else is nice. Will replay
Old 15-07-18, 09:08   #10
DaroRaider

Congrats Feder!
I also will update my level with some fixes! Your discoverement of trapdoor and climbable front wall bug was really a great contribution.
You can take in account what the reviewers wrote about your levels at trle site if you need something else to fix.
This will be chevereee
DaroRaider is offline   Reply With Quote