Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 31-10-17, 18:18   #101
Danath

Talking

^ That is cool! But i think it's for TRLE, i have tried it in Dxtre3D and you can see the horizon, yes, but you still collide with the wall.

I have finished the entire layout of the level. And i'm impressed at the editor because i had to surpass the 200 rooms mark, and it's still working! I was very worried about having more than 200 but it seems you can have that much even in TR2 just fine!
There are 225 rooms in total. I'm crazy, i know.

Aaand...now to add all objects and triggers and pray it doesn't fall apart with so much data.
Danath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-17, 19:26   #102
thewolf
Golden

Wow, 200 rooms, impressiv. I'm now at 70 and reached the texture limit again
thewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-17, 21:19   #103
Danath

Smile

Something minor, but i changed the standard, boring grey button switch to be more fitting to the "oriental" setting. Viewed from TRViewer:

And in-game while pressed:

I'm pretty close to finishing the gameplay now and it's still working fine. Fingers crossed. The trapdoors make Lara's grunt noises when opening now, so i will probably need to remerge them to fix it.
Old 04-11-17, 17:30   #104
thewolf
Golden

These white textures are your own right?
The black bars are wider.
Old 04-11-17, 18:01   #105
Danath

Yeah, i made that texture. Just a white square with a wide black border.

It's for quick texturing so i can see how i like the geometry of the rooms. And later i suppose it can make easier to see untextured surfaces.

Update: Just as i have finished with the gameplay a nasty new bug has arisen. There is an enclosed space at the end that i wanted to put a "trap" so you have to fight 2 tough enemies at once. But when the enemies activate they remain in the same sector and cannot get out of it, even if there aren't any obstacles in the way. I have tried remerging them in Fexmerger and also using a different enemy, but no matter which enemy i choose, it cannot move out of the sector i place it in. And i think they get bugged because i placed them in a room # higher than 200 ( 213 exactly ). It's a shame but i will probably have to scrap that final encounter.
Triggers work correctly on rooms higher than 200 but it seems enemies don't. I cannot figure out another reason for them to not work, as they work perfectly in the rest of the level...

Last edited by Danath; 05-11-17 at 01:03. Reason: update
Old 05-11-17, 02:00   #106
Feder

Enemy behavior in TR2 is very erratic. Sometimes they run in circles instead of just attack you. I found out it mostly happens when they have to go through a door, they refuse to do it (but when they are in the same room as you, they will look for you even if you hide). It also happens when there is a sloped floor of 2 steps deep, they usually can't climb/descent them. Is one of this situations the case in that part?
Feder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-17, 09:17   #107
thewolf
Golden

Have you tried zones for the enemies?
Old 05-11-17, 19:30   #108
Danath

Smile

Yay, i have solved it! What i did was exchange that room #213 with another that has a number less than 200, then the enemies work correctly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feder View Post
Enemy behavior in TR2 is very erratic. Sometimes they run in circles instead of just attack you. I found out it mostly happens when they have to go through a door, they refuse to do it
I had that situation with an enemies not wanting to cross open doors before. Had to join the 2 rooms into one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewolf View Post
Have you tried zones for the enemies?
Even when i tried that, the enemies couldn't leave their sector, it is indeed because of the high room #, seems the pathfinding gets screwed there.

Gameplay is finished now. Did a test run of the map, it's not very long but well, at least all works! I have some tweaks to do though.

I will finish a couple places where geometry isn't done and i will post those pics i said earlier.
Old 07-11-17, 00:33   #109
Danath

Cool

Now i'm satisfied with the geometry and i will post some screenshots as i want to share this, even if it isn't properly textured.

Here you can see the island above where you need to go and use 2 keys, almost at the end of the level, from the beginning part:

This is the central part of the level, which was causing my headaches with the crashes :

Excuse the glitchy horizon.
And this is a cool view of all parts of the level, it has to be seen from below because otherwise you would only see magenta portals:

The beginning part is to the right. It's funny how you can see the black zipline.
I have also created new secret sprites for the level:

And that's it, i don't want to spoil it too much. Sorry about the lack of texturing and lighting, i focused on trying to finish the gameplay first before putting all the detail in, as i didn't know if i would be able to complete it, errors and all.
Luckily i have succeeded. I also included an awesome effect that makes geometry appear using fliprooms at the end part.
And now i only need to do the texturing+lighting and this will be another finished project. Hopefully it won't take too much time.

Last edited by Danath; 07-11-17 at 00:35.
Old 07-11-17, 15:24   #110
thewolf
Golden

Looks awesome . Reminds me a little bit of my own level I'm looking forward to see how your level will be in comparison to mine