Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Old 14-12-14, 16:53   #1
JohnJSal

Default Did I waste some salvage by accident or is there enough for everything?

Hi all. I just started playing Tomb Raider a couple of days ago and I'm really loving it.

Last night I was browsing the weapon upgrades and I clicked on one to select it for viewing, but apparently it automatically spent salvage to buy that upgrade (the one that improves the bow string for faster rate of fire). I didn't see a way to reload to undo this, because even reloading my last checkpoint seemed to retain the purchase.

So was that a setback of about 250 salvage, or was it a useful upgrade? Or does it even matter and I will be able to upgrade everything anyway?

FYI, my first three skills are the ones for increased xp and extra salvage.

Thanks!
JohnJSal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-14, 18:35   #2
DOPE

Hey there!

Don't worry, you'll be able to upgrade every single thing you want in the game (even after the end).. just keep collecting salvage!
DOPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-14, 19:40   #3
disney prince
Inactive

Make sure you kill and salvage the odd animal here and there too in order to get enough salvage!
disney prince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-14, 20:26   #4
Ward Dragon
Golden

That's a useful upgrade And depending on how thoroughly you search the environment you should have enough to get every upgrade eventually so the main thing is to pick the most useful upgrades first. Also, there's an upgrade to get salvage from animals, so if you get that then you can go hunting in the forest and get a lot of salvage that way.
Ward Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-14, 22:51   #5
JohnJSal

Thanks all! I do get obsessive about exploring and collecting, so it's nice to know it's all possible.

Are the weapon upgrades part of 100% completion of the game, or are they separate?
Old 14-12-14, 23:29   #6
JohnJSal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward Dragon View Post
That's a useful upgrade And depending on how thoroughly you search the environment you should have enough to get every upgrade eventually so the main thing is to pick the most useful upgrades first. Also, there's an upgrade to get salvage from animals, so if you get that then you can go hunting in the forest and get a lot of salvage that way.
Yes right now I have Survivalist, Advanced Salvaging, and Bone Collector. I have another point so I need to figure out what's next...
Old 15-12-14, 01:53   #7
DOPE

I remember that I got 100% without upgrading all the weapons
DOPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-14, 03:12   #8
SamCactus101

No worries! Any upgrades in this game is a good upgrade. There's enough salvage to upgrade all your weapons in one play though, just as long as you keep exploring and collecting salvage before you near the end of the game.
SamCactus101 is offline   Reply With Quote