Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 10-05-18, 00:30   #21
johnanonymouz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickybyrne20 View Post
What? How? They're so pointless, and mediocre. I like finding trinkets, but 1. they're not hidden 2. Don't have much depth to them 3. Some artifacts she should be able to use. Like the whistle arrow.
the collectibles add so much to the story. a collectible is not always supposed to be hidden, thats what relics are for. rise's collectibles were amazing and they added so much depth to the story.
johnanonymouz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-18, 00:32   #22
Yeauxleaux

I don't mind the little monologue diary things you can pick up, or the relics. I just think they need to be a bit better hidden and be real secrets, so if they do that then it's fine.
Yeauxleaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-18, 00:33   #23
Patrick star

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnanonymouz View Post
the collectibles add so much to the story. a collectible is not always supposed to be hidden, thats what relics are for. rise's collectibles were amazing and they added so much depth to the story.
But a "Relic" should be hidden

There were a few hidden relics in Rise , but most of them where just there in front of you , having them being more hidden adds to the achievement and fun , imo .
Patrick star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-18, 00:37   #24
johnanonymouz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick star View Post
But a "Relic" should be hidden

There were a few hidden relics in Rise , but most of them where just there in front of you , having them being more hidden adds to the achievement and fun , imo .
yes but they're not as obvious as documents for example, thats what i meant! i agree though, id like relics to be very well hidden.
johnanonymouz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-18, 00:41   #25
Horus-Goddess

I have a love/hate relationship with the collectables... On one hand I'm glad they gave me something to go back and comb through areas for but at the same time it really REALLY got my OCD completionist side on hyperdrive...

Although there are other games that are much much worse in that department in terms of number of trivial things to do.
Horus-Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-18, 01:09   #26
CrowdedToaster

Thanks for this! I hope this gets updated as we get more information.

I actually love the collectibles! The stories provide a richer history to the plotline and allows it be have a bigger depth. It's a welcome addition for me.

I'm not too keen on seeing the duals make a return. If they do, great! If they don't, that's fine too! An Easter egg? Also yay! I trust they'll do well with the series and its iconography tbh
CrowdedToaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-18, 02:52   #27
Leon2703

I too think the collectibles were too much in Rise. There was too much of everything imo. They wanted to improve over TR13 and just added more stuff, without much meaning. The documents in the reboot were great, they added a lot to the story and character, but in Rise, even though there were some that contributed, most were useless and boring like ‘how to hunt a bird’, like wth?
Coin caches, survival caches, strong boxes, skills, weapon upgrades... just too much. Also hated how much hunting you are forced to do in order to upgrade your weapons. I love the relics, they are for sure the best collectibles, but they should be way more hidden, they are just laid around in Rise.
I sure hope these collectibles are more hidden and more meaningful, along with weapon upgrades and skills.

About things that they changed:
  • Animations were kept the same as we know.
  • Platforming was slightly improved with the rope thing (the only upgrade we know so far).
  • Better story, side character and villain.
  • The traps seem much more improved.
  • The puzzles seem to be just physics based again.

I believe these were complaints from here around the forums and of some reviewers.
Leon2703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-18, 11:14   #28
Chamayoo

I updated a bit more about animations and traps.
Chamayoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-18, 11:50   #29
tomblover

Something that I keep wondering is when they're gonna add back Lara's ability to jump backwards off ledges. Anyone else?
tomblover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-18, 11:50   #30
Athukraz

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomblover View Post
Something that I keep wondering is when they're gonna add back Lara's ability to jump backwards off ledges. Anyone else?
Same omg
Athukraz is online now   Reply With Quote