www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > General Chat > Sport and Recreation

Old 10-06-18, 18:04   #2831
tomee
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWETombRaider View Post
Ronda's definitely going over Nia. It's literal money in the bank for WWE to put the title on Rousey. I see her getting the Lesnar treatment for a bit as well.
Oh god, I hope not. Lesnar has been an absolute cancer since 2016. The Universal title may as well have been retired or vacated all this time and even when he did show up to defend it, his matches were mediocre. Even though I too think Ronda is going over, I kind of hope she doesn't because current plans suggest her and Charlotte will main event Wrestlemania next year. I don't want to see her take the women's championship hostage till next April.
Old 11-06-18, 00:32   #2832
WWETombRaider
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomee View Post
Oh god, I hope not. Lesnar has been an absolute cancer since 2016. The Universal title may as well have been retired or vacated all this time and even when he did show up to defend it, his matches were mediocre. Even though I too think Ronda is going over, I kind of hope she doesn't because current plans suggest her and Charlotte will main event Wrestlemania next year. I don't want to see her take the women's championship hostage till next April.
Agreed. Lesnar's been really destructive as of late for that division. He's not putting anyone over and he only wrestles a handful of times per year. Honestly, at this point, does he still draw? Is he worth the paychecks he's getting?

As for Ronda, WWE could have her win and then forfeit the title by screwing her out of it on a technicality or having her "injured". She can save face by not eating a defeat, have her chase Nia for a bit while Nia tries to avoid her. Eventually she could reclaim the title. That's when Charlotte can enter the picture for their Wrestlemania feud.
WWETombRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-18, 12:40   #2833
tomee
Tomb Raider

No, I don't think Lesnar is actually worth it for WWE. I can't find the article, but somebody made an analysis of PPV's that did feature Lesnar and PPV's that didn't feature Lesnar since his return in 2012 and the results were inconsistent or didn't show any notable spikes in buyrates for his appearances. His merch also doesn't sell as well as others.

When you couple this with the fact that WWE actually pays this guys 12M $ annually, you really wonder what exactly makes Vince so infatuated with him. I think Lesnar even argued with Vince after Wrestlemania and threw the title in his face and not only did that not get him an immediate pink slip, he signed a new deal the next day. It boggles my mind what exactlymust be going down backstage involving this man. I find it crazy and his character as a whole mind numbing.
Old 11-06-18, 12:47   #2834
Mani_Man
Archaeologist

The thing with the numbers is that the wwe knows how to work around them.
For example, Reigns is supposed to be one of the top sellers in terms of merchandise.
What they dont tell you is that he has twice the number of articles as others, and that the shops at every show have more of his stuff then others.
They have maybe 10 shirts of Strowman while having 30 or so for Reigns to sell.

And that is only with the merchandise, they do know how to work around the numbers to justify what they do.

Its such a long time ago since i actually like Lesnar as champion, now im just happy when he breaks punks record and they take the title away from him.
Its just boring to see...or better yet not see him, only show up for a boring feud build up and a even more boring match.
If i want that then they give the title to Reigns.

Speaking of Punk:
Corey Graves recent comments to him have made me really dislike Graves.
I liked the guy once, but he talks more and more like a corporate guy and not like himself.
I cant blame him of course, he has a family and needs to feed it...but still, at some point you should stay true to yourself.
I get that Punk isnt the easiest person to deal with, but still.
Mani_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-18, 12:53   #2835
tomee
Tomb Raider

Current rumours actually suggest that it will be Rollins defeating Lesnar and not Reigns. Which I'm fine with actually. I much prefer Rollins anyway.

I'm kind of on the fence about Graves. Personally I never really liked him and my opinion of him were always cemented by his own comments on Twitter. I do think he was speaking the truth though. He was basically confirming what Jericho already said in 2014.

On the other hand he really sounded like a pissed off girlfriend whose BF refused to get matching tattoos. He could've posted one or two tweets explaining how he was disappointed, then move on. Instead he kept complaining for hours as if he had those tweets drafted for years and he couldn't wait to finally post them. He came across very childish.
Old 11-06-18, 12:58   #2836
Mani_Man
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomee View Post
Current rumours actually suggest that it will be Rollins defeating Lesnar and not Reigns. Which I'm fine with actually. I much prefer Rollins anyway.

I'm kind of on the fence about Graves. Personally I never really liked him and my opinion of him were always cemented by his own comments on Twitter. I do think he was speaking the truth though. He was basically confirming what Jericho already said in 2014.

On the other hand he really sounded like a pissed off girlfriend whose BF refused to get matching tattoos. He could've posted one or two tweets explaining how he was disappointed, then move on. Instead he kept complaining for hours as if he had those tweets drafted for years and he couldn't wait to finally post them. He came across very childish.
Oh god please give Rollins the title, the man is on fire since WM...well before WM actually.
Rollins with the Universal title would be the best god damn decision they made in a while.

There are times where Graves does have a good grasp on things but then he is so incredible childish as in the punk situation, i really have lost a lot of respect for him.
Mani_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-18, 18:02   #2837
welshguy34
Historian

I would be fine with either Rollins or Strowman winning the title off Brock, but I think Rollins possibly deserves another run. He has been excellent this year.
welshguy34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-18, 02:41   #2838
fleetingwells
Hobbyist

I agree, Rollins or Strowman for the title, preferably Rollins.

This is probably an unpopular opinion but I think Strowman is being booked too strong. The guy is great but after eating four finishers at Raw yesterday, it just seems like he isn't doing any favors in making everybody else look like chumps. If he is the next Universal champion he should have gotten the title a long time ago. Instead, he's just embarrassing every main eventer.
fleetingwells is offline   Reply With Quote