Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris

Old 22-07-14, 09:17   #11
michaeldt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trenton View Post
You mean in a different version just like how TR1 happened in the form of Anniversary?
I mean exactly that .
michaeldt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-14, 13:49   #12
Mr GaGa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dia2blo View Post
It's a shame, I would really like at least a loose reference to IV.

I don't want to sound like one of those anti-crystal fans, but sometimes I really do feel like they lack any sort of respect/ interest for the classics...
Really? even though they gave us the classic outfit in LAU and went all the way back to the first game and got Natla to be a main villain again? Oh and that Ah Ha easter egg from TR2 in TR 2013? Hmm maybe you didn't notice those things
Mr GaGa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-15, 11:08   #13
Michele84

Default So?

So no connection at all?
At the beginning of the game Seth says "For thousands of years I was lost...", so maybe it's true, in CD universe TLR never happened... or maybe LCTOO storyline sets before TLR...
Michele84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-15, 12:34   #14
Madbuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michele84 View Post
So no connection at all?
At the beginning of the game Seth says "For thousands of years I was lost...", so maybe it's true, in CD universe TLR never happened... or maybe LCTOO storyline sets before TLR...
This is now headcanon for me, because other than this there is no contradicting evidence so far that the Core universe never happened in the LAU universe. Quite the opposite in fact, due to Anniversary, Zip, etc.
Madbuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-15, 14:41   #15
Baratheon

The Crystal Compass stated that the Temple of Osiris was almost set after The Last Revelation (or before I can't recall).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meagan Marie
Set was a familiar face to fans, being first introduced to the franchise after Lara accidentally unleashed him on the world in Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation. Fun side note, according to Alisha, for a split second the team considered tying Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris to the Last Revelation, featuring Lara trapped in the Underworld and trying to fight her way out, but decided to keep it a spiritual successor rather than chronological one.

Last edited by Baratheon; 14-04-15 at 14:47.
Baratheon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-15, 15:38   #16
Madbuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baratheon View Post
The Crystal Compass stated that the Temple of Osiris was almost set after The Last Revelation (or before I can't recall).
You had to ruin my headcanon!
Madbuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-15, 00:59   #17
Rai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baratheon View Post
Oh this is interesting. So this would mean being set after Lara was trapped in the tomb, presumably. As interesting as that would/could have been to see, CD obviously felt this restricted the game somehow, perhaps to only single player. Considering GoL had co-op, I guess they wanted to keep that aspect.
Rai is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-15, 11:39   #18
Wooxman

It still could've had coop with Horus and Isis or other Egyptian gods/figures joining her. I would've liked if the game would've become a link between TLR and AoD. Maybe Crystal even could've remade AoD into a GoL/ToO style game with Kurtis as a coop character. Or just two Laras without a story explanation. Other games do this as well and no one complains.
Wooxman is offline   Reply With Quote