Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Anniversary

Old 21-11-16, 22:04   #6091
LaraCablara

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashka View Post
This <3 <3 Thank you.
So many times I had to remove links to a thread from Core's timelines (or a private group for that matter) coz someone in those thread would write something extremely inappropriate. Not only with Core but with other talents involved with the original game. Self awareness is something that many people lack on this forum.

Why is this so hard to understand?
If one purchases a product they have all the right to criticise it. TRA is a product that you purchase and have a fair right to criticise it all the way. Same with ROTTR, same with TR2013, same with Legend, same with TR:AOD.

TRAE is not a purchasable product; everything we see here is being given to us by people in their spare time, rendering TRAE nearly in a similar position with some fan-made games or a piece of artwork which you enjoy in the museum for free. Will you write a review on how Mona Lisa has outdated graphics and how prints in Vogue look much better? No you will not.
I don't really agree with this. Some things seem good, some things seem bad...like every video game out there that is not yet available to play (or might never be). Ex Core members should not expect every person to like what they see from this game. I don't think there is anything wrong with saying you don't think something was a good idea as long as you are not bashing them (or Crystal Dynamics)

I am thankful for whatever they decide to show, whether I think its great or not .
LaraCablara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-16, 22:31   #6092
peeves

I love those lost valley screenshots.
peeves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-16, 23:45   #6093
Hazelphoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESCachuli View Post
I will add: Crystal D. started it by making their horrible comments about Core and their games. It's only natural that Core fans won't respect them nor their games, they are hurting their feelings.

I can't really add anything else to your post. I 100% agree with you.
Ah thank god.

The truth is: nobody here signed a contract stating that we are bound to show Crystal Dynamics gratitude for keeping the saga going. We owe them absolutely nothing, and respect is gained not granted.

Some people choose to follow their take on the franchise, others don't, and it's in their right to decide whether the newer games are worth it or not. If people genuinely believe this unfinished game was 100 times better than the remake we actually got, let it be. They are free to write it here without having to feel a sense of guilt, for what? For hurting crystal's feelings? They couldn't care less what we think about their games as long as they keep earning money.

Crystal was never the innocent lamb of the situation, after all the things they've said and done a few nasty comments are nothing compared to the load of **** they threw Core's way, especially in regards of this remake so yeah let's also quit pretending they're the poor victims needing protection.

Besides, the first comment that fueled up the thread was clearly intended to provoke because it refers to how tiring the fandom's excitement for this game is and suddenly people turn into circlejerks for showing support to a cancelled project, like excuse me? What does that even mean? Since when showing excitement for a game should be considered tiring? It wasn't even about Crystal to begin with so colour me confused.
Hazelphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-16, 00:09   #6094
Zebra

I don't mean to be a mini-mod but I do think everything that needed to be said on the matter has been said and it'll probably be best for this thread if we move on .

On that note: was the Indy model supposed to be TR1's cowboy or would it have been some sort of additional easter egg? I think it's been talked about before but I can't seem to remember .
Zebra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-16, 09:56   #6095
dcw123

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombRaiderTim View Post
Heather mentioned she may even create a small something for the fans to play in, even if it was a giant cubed room, we would all love it because it is from one of the original level designers of the classics..
Oh, this would be cool.

Are you talking about like a custom made TRAE demo or a TRLE level?

Its a shame ex- Core members don't make some TRLE levels for the community to enjoy and play.. the GOLD levels were simply awesome.

Also, what ESCachuli said - so true..

Even in the 20th Anniversary book - I enjoyed it so much, even LAU section (where Crystal said they enjoyed TR and wanted to keep Legend similar to the other games, more of a continuation etc)
Was a nice read.

Then I reached the Reboot section and I could bearly read it - I actually skipped Reboot/Rise pages. It made me mad.
They couldn't even say anything nice for the special occasion.

They made a complete U-Turn - "Forget everything you know about Lara. Old Lara was made of Teflon. Our Lara is better..." YAWNNN!

For me, it basically bashed the 20th Anniversary and the entire classic section book so far which I had read so far.
Makes me think, the whole PS4 extra DLC was purely for sales on PS4 - not to celebrate Lara's past - because they hate classic Lara apparently (well, Rihanna does anyway)
If it wasn't for Classic Lara, and Core, we would not have Lara Croft at all..

Thank God we have games like LC Go, Relic Run and the LC spin-off series.

EDIT: And don't get me wrong - I do like Reboot and Rise (Reboot was better for me in terms of level design and variety IMO)
They might not be as TR as I would want, but they are still fun to play.
But I will not stand idly by and watch them slag off the old games either!

Last edited by dcw123; 22-11-16 at 10:03.
dcw123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-16, 10:04   #6096
Boobandie

There are two already made by core members. I can't remember what they're called though.

And yeah, TRAE could be done in the level editor. Check out Roli's Revelations IV. The cistern and tomb of tihocan are pretty damn close. Id love to get my hands on the level meshes and textures though, it wouldnt be hard to convert them to TRLE format.
Boobandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-16, 11:05   #6097
Zebra

Visually, yes, but mechanics-wise it'd probably be a bit of a challenge.
Zebra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-16, 16:55   #6098
ESCachuli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebra View Post
Visually, yes, but mechanics-wise it'd probably be a bit of a challenge.
Without free form climbing, we wont be able to replicate TRAE nor AoD. If at least Lara could grab any ledge including obliquous ones... It could make a difference.
ESCachuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-16, 18:20   #6099
TombRaiderTim

I'd like two know those two custom levels that we have by core members, also I remember back when we used PS1 and PS2's and when we bought the game, we had the entire experience on one dandy disk without need of constant bug fixes and updates but now, you have to download content to get the full experience which is quite costly for what little the add ons actually give, I find it quite sad you must pay to receive only one of Lara's outfits to gain great benefits instead of being able to unlock it via you in game skills and progress (Yes, I know some are available like that) but I really miss the old games, finding secrets to unlock extra content for free, it's really why the reboot doesn't get me all that excited.

Give it time, sooner or later we will have to download a Tomb Raider game episode by episode, level by level because of how bad money grabbing people are becoming in the world since the next generation consoles we have now are a total joke, something so powerful cannot even play previous console games but it is defiantly possible since PS2's could do such a thing with tech that long back but they won't so you would have to re-purchase the things you want because they want profit more than actually caring for the gamers who enjoy the content, if they could not get more money out of it, I doubt we would have saw a 20 Years release on them at all. (Square could easily have created the hd content and add ons and released it as a full game the first time around but then they'd lose out on a little extra money.)

This is exactly why I hope the TRLE community goes on for years to come as it is where fans come together to discuss and make friends via their favorite video game heroine and added into that is the FREE games the fans create provided with the TRLE engine that came as a FREE bonus with Tomb Raider Chronicles by Core Design who were entrusting it to their fans to see what they would be able to create because Core cared about their people who loved their work and didn't do it all for the money and then the companies who took over Tomb Raider didn't even give that a thought to share in the 20 Years because they only want money, dedicated fans like Ash had to do it instead.

Rant over.

Last edited by TombRaiderTim; 22-11-16 at 18:21.
TombRaiderTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-16, 21:59   #6100
peeves

There are also 9 levels in TRA Retold that come close to core's TRAE.
peeves is offline   Reply With Quote