www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures > Tomb Raider Films

Old 25-09-17, 23:57   #4531
BigR4444
Gold Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkyPromise View Post
Thats really nice to see...

I keep telling people: To gamers, Lara is still prominent, but is definitely a well known face, in a crowded room... with other characters as well known as her...

But outside of the gaming world, its no contest.

People who arent gamers generally dont know Nathan Drake, Kratos, Aloy, Master Chief, etc, etc... EVERYBODY knows who Lara is... She transcended games a long time ago... even before the Angie movies came along, she was on magazine covers, commercials, etc.

The opportunity is there... if they can make this work; if they can make a solid movie, that people enjoy; this could end up being a multi-film franchise that generates a number in the billions...

Lara's got the star power... PARTICULARLY among non gamers... who like to go to the movies...
BigR4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-17, 00:01   #4532
GeekOfComedy
Explorer

This is great news! If Roar gets a first edit done soon there's plenty of time for re-shoots! Most acclaimed things get re-shoots so hopefully they will afford TR the same opportunity. It can be anything from more extensive ADR to adding in or restructuring parts of the story.

Last edited by GeekOfComedy; 26-09-17 at 00:02.
GeekOfComedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-17, 00:42   #4533
Zebra
Legend

^On that note, I hope their focus audiences tell them to pare back the daddy involvement (maybe even shelve the "save the world" aspect of the plot and make the stakes a bit less overdramatic if it's not too deeply embedded in the story) and to improve the ridiculously implausible jumps.
Old 26-09-17, 12:44   #4534
LegendLuvr24
Explorer

Technically the daddy element was always there in the reboot series, even in TR (2013). The ending even had Lara accepting that her 'father was right' and finally accepting her destiny to follow in her father's footsteps. All this movie really is doing is bringing the ending of the game to the beginning. And the video saying 'if you're seeing this I'm dead' etc is a similar plot device to the tapes Lara would play throughout Rise. Only difference is that they're not research tapes, but instead a video left behind for Lara.

It's really not as different from the games as people are making it out to be I feel.
LegendLuvr24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-17, 13:24   #4535
Zebra
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendLuvr24 View Post
Technically the daddy element was always there in the reboot series, even in TR (2013). The ending even had Lara accepting that her 'father was right' and finally accepting her destiny to follow in her father's footsteps. All this movie really is doing is bringing the ending of the game to the beginning. And the video saying 'if you're seeing this I'm dead' etc is a similar plot device to the tapes Lara would play throughout Rise. Only difference is that they're not research tapes, but instead a video left behind for Lara.

It's really not as different from the games as people are making it out to be I feel.
It was terrible in the 2013 game, it was terrible in Rise, it was terrible in LAU and it was terrible in the AJ films. I don't care about the film staying authentic to the reboot games, I care about the TR franchise as a whole finally leaving behind this silly, cheesy, generic "I'm following in my dead archaeologist parents' footsteps" BS and returning to sth more reminiscent of Lara's original bio.
Old 26-09-17, 20:17   #4536
James_Rutland
Relic Hunter

One thing I've just realised is that they've switched around things with the movie and game - instead of Lara discovering all these things about her family history AFTER her experience on the island (she witnesses something then realises her father wasn't crazy, and it opens up her mind to discover more) Lara discovers it before her first expedition which is what drives her forward. The whole basic premise of the movie is Rise... but with TR2013's setting. I actually prefer that if you ask me, as it gets the parent plotline out of the way at the start of Lara's origin, not in the middle.

Also, a bit messy but someone made this :

"We become who we're meant to be" with Lara lifting up the pistols is life

Last edited by James_Rutland; 26-09-17 at 20:19.
James_Rutland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-17, 21:10   #4537
AimlessThunder
Archaeologist

Nice recut!
Old 26-09-17, 21:41   #4538
Zebra
Legend

That's a pretty good recut considering how little material we have at the moment. Kind of makes me wish the movie would tell the entire Yamatai story as flashbacks/nightmares with us following around Lara dealing with her PTSD in the present day in the London segments.
Old 26-09-17, 23:10   #4539
OrangeFr3ak
Archaeologist

Could it be that reboot movie Lara will eventually have a dual pistol + bow combo for her main weapons besides the axe?
OrangeFr3ak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-17, 23:45   #4540
Wooxman
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeFr3ak View Post
Could it be that reboot movie Lara will eventually have a dual pistol + bow combo for her main weapons besides the axe?
I hope not. She should get rid of the bow as soon as she gets the duals.