www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures

Closed Thread

Old 20-09-17, 04:37   #1
Moon-Safari

Default Trailer Hot Takes

I'm not feeling it. I'm excited a new tomb raider movie exists, but it's all like work, and really bad line work at that. When she's jumping off the ship she raises one hand in the air and waits for the rope to float her up, then they just cut to the stunt double doing a slow mo jump.

And I'm sorry but so far from what I've seen, Alicea doesn't command the screen. And the trailer ends with what sounds like a baby cooing. Was that supposed to be a tough yell? Everything about Alicea is kind of ho hum for this role. If they were going to take such an understated girl and put her in an iconic role, she really needed a better costume, because this one does not work. My eyes are bored throughout this trailer. What was even the budget? Because nothing screams out massive Hollywood blockbuster to me.

And what old lady tells Lara to take over where her dad left off? If that's her mom this bio is ruined.
Old 20-09-17, 04:52   #2
shockwave_pulsar00
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moon-Safari View Post
I'm not feeling it. I'm excited a new tomb raider movie exists, but it's all like work, and really bad line work at that. When she's jumping off the ship she raises one hand in the air and waits for the rope to float her up, then they just cut to the stunt double doing a slow mo jump.

And I'm sorry but so far from what I've seen, Alicea doesn't command the screen. And the trailer ends with what sounds like a baby cooing. Was that supposed to be a tough yell? Everything about Alicea is kind of ho hum for this role. If they were going to take such an understated girl and put her in an iconic role, she really needed a better costume, because this one does not work. My eyes are bored throughout this trailer. What was even the budget? Because nothing screams out massive Hollywood blockbuster to me.

And what old lady tells Lara to take over where her dad left off? If that's her mom this bio is ruined.
It's not her Mom.
Old 20-09-17, 05:10   #3
Lukass
Tomb Raider

Moon-Safari, I'm tired of your eternaly displeased threads. I can't remember you ever being pleased with anything. If you don't like it, buy a camera, pay some actors and show us how to do it well. I'm leaving this thread now as I'm not going to argue with you as you'd drag me down the troll hole with you.
Old 20-09-17, 07:43   #4
Wooxman
Relic Hunter

Who is Alicea? Sounds old Roman or Greek.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moon-Safari View Post
When she's jumping off the ship she raises one hand in the air and waits for the rope to float her up, then they just cut to the stunt double doing a slow mo jump.
You do realise that this is just a trailer and not the finished movie? They're still in post production to sort these things out.

And the lady who talks to Lara is probably Ana from RotTR.
Old 20-09-17, 08:02   #5
Admles

This did not need a separate thread. Take it to one of the existing threads about the new movie.

Closing.