Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 13-12-11, 15:36   #8301
DJ Full

Hey. I always tended to texture things manually... Today I want to do it with shortcuts, so I have two questions:

1. I textured a wall and hit Alt+Y shortcut in order to flip the geometry fast. The textures appeared on the opposite wall, but messed up. What causes this and is there any solution to prevent that?

2. I can copy a part of the floor. What do I do to copy a part of the wall and is it possible at all?
DJ Full is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-11, 21:50   #8302
Mystery-King

I have a couple of questions...

Basically...

1) I have a room with a door. In the room next to it there is a four click high corridor where I have put a couple of wall blades (PLINTH_BLADE slot btw...) that do their thing. Now, when I make it through the blades there is a switch that opens the door in the first room and at the same time deactivates the blades, so the player can return more easily to the door. The problem is when the blade is antitriggered sometimes it goes back to the wall but other times, it stays all the way out making it impossible to make your way back down the corridor. Is there anyway I can make sure that the blades deactivate at a certain safe position?

2) In another room I have a sorta Palace Midas flame room setup. Flip the switch and the flames are deactivated for 8 seconds and that all works fine. But when and only when I get to the other side, I place an antritrigger for the flames intending for them to stay off permanently, so even if you flick the switch again, they won't turn back on. The problem is, the switch still works even if I antitrigger the flames and all that jazz and I'm trying to get them to turn off once and for all. Any help?
Mystery-King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-11, 23:00   #8303
Raider99

I have problem with multiple switch to open door!

1.I placed door on squares where are switches
2.Put switch trigger on squares
3.for first switch in trigger window numbers 1,2,3 and one shot
4.for second 4,5 and one shot

What's problem?

I started making my little level and i can't open door!

Thanks!
Raider99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-11, 23:49   #8304
DJ Full

Hey, another question I always wonder about:
I have a cross-dome ceiling reflection below the floor. As long as upside down, wrong-diagonal squares like this one
[IMG]http://i42.************/2psoi9x.jpg[/IMG]

can be adjusted with help of Alt+LMB:
[IMG]http://i44.************/2s9aphc.jpg[/IMG]

Voila. The upside-down reflection looks pretty good, but I find myself unable to perform the same fix on the actual ceiling!:
[IMG]http://i41.************/wiwxs6.jpg[/IMG]

I tried any combination: Alt+LMB, Alt+RMB, Alt+Ctrl+RMB (LMB), Shift+LMB, same with Ctrl, and even Tilde+Alt variants. Nothing helped. Can anyone give me a clue?

Also, a problem has occured which is similar to the one from my recent question about copying wall sections. In this case, I rotated a section of the room, in order to paste a whole texture arrangement rotated 90 degrees. The engine didn't care about rotating textures as well as geometry...
[IMG]http://i43.************/309sg2t.jpg[/IMG]
Is there any way I could force it to care about this?
DJ Full is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-11, 00:34   #8305
Uzi master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystery-King View Post

2) In another room I have a sorta Palace Midas flame room setup. Flip the switch and the flames are deactivated for 8 seconds and that all works fine. But when and only when I get to the other side, I place an antritrigger for the flames intending for them to stay off permanently, so even if you flick the switch again, they won't turn back on. The problem is, the switch still works even if I antitrigger the flames and all that jazz and I'm trying to get them to turn off once and for all. Any help?
Place a trigger-triggerer on the switch tile (be sure to press the "T" button on the tile aswell.) press all five bits to make it active form the start and place a trigger for the TT on the same ant-trigger as the flame-emmiters.
Uzi master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-11, 08:50   #8306
Titak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Full View Post
I find myself unable to perform the same fix on the actual ceiling!
Not possible on the ceiling unfortunately.

With flipping/mirroring/rotating rooms or parts of the geometry, the texturing gets messed up.
Nothing we can do about that, except retexture.

It is not possible to copy walls, unless they are walls created with the green "wall" button.
Titak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-11, 02:58   #8307
larafan25

Does anybody know how to trigger an animation for Lara? Like, just trigger an animation when she hits a square?

I've been looking around for how to do this, and I fail at finding tutorials for this kind of stuff. :/
larafan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-11, 03:55   #8308
bagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by larafan25 View Post
Does anybody know how to trigger an animation for Lara? Like, just trigger an animation when she hits a square?

I've been looking around for how to do this, and I fail at finding tutorials for this kind of stuff. :/

open the trigger box in ngle and then change the "what to trigger" from object into flipeffect then,use the find<#> function and then search "force anim" you should see in the object to trigger box "Lara(Animation)force animation 0-255 for lara"
just change the animation in the timer box"0 animation" to the animation you want to trigger
if you want to force animation of another object just change the object in the [E]Extra box to the object you desire

Then if you want lara to do the animation only if lara step on the trigger then change the trigger type to pad.and finally set the trigger.

hope it's help
bagas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-11, 04:11   #8309
larafan25

^Everything seems right, but then this happens...

:/

I tried to trigger different animations, and the same happens. But I'm not using animation 0-255, I'm using higher animations, so I selected the other option. :/
larafan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-11, 05:24   #8310
bagas

Im never had a problem like that
bagas is offline   Reply With Quote