Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Software Development

Old 17-03-14, 14:24   #61
TimJ

For information but I think it'd need some tests to be confirmed : I've discovered that sounds 280 and 281 seems to be hardcoded with the DEATH_SLIDE object. Discovered this while using the diagnostic of TRNG. The object I used got sounds in it that was a bit buggy and replacing these sounds in slots 280 and 281 allowed to have a beautiful looped sound and a "clunk" at the end.
TimJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-14, 05:29   #62
sapper

A progress report on the next version.

Code:
SoundID 27 is now unblocked but like any other sound will not be used if there are no sample names for it.

Can have up to ten letters or numbers or mixture as wad association letters. e.g. MOA2.
The association 'g' and 'cut' are banned. Non alphanumeric characters and spaces are removed.

The files that the program uses as a reference have being changed to have *.txt extension.
Makes it easier for users to make changes. Please make backups of the originals if you make changes.

StandardSounds.txt is where the standard default sounds are stored. If you want to make a change to the default
sound names or sound values or sample names, change them here.  e.g. change "Don't_use_this_space:" to "Lara_bodyslam:"
Make sure to keep the colon ':' at the end and have no spaces if changing a name.

NGLEObjects.txt is where the standard slot names are stored. Do not change anything here but if new NGLE objects
are created by Paolone you can add the names here. The line number corresponds to the slot number.

HardCoded.txt is where the hardcoded sounds for the slots are stored. This file is incomplete.
If a slot uses a hardcoded sound which doesn't show up in the program, add that sound to the slot in this file.
Do not change the slot names. They must match those in NGLEObjects.txt. Add new object names same as for NGLEObjects.txt.

A new tab has been added to show the hard coded sounds. Hardcoded sounds will be added to sounds.txt if checked in this tab (as long
as there are sample names). If you don't want a sound uncheck it. You have to uncheck the same sound everywhere it appears
to ensure it is not included in sounds.txt.
If a sounds.txt has been generated before you uncheck/check any sound, it will be erased and you will have to create it again.
The hardcoded sounds only appear if a *.wad file is opened. If you want to add sounds to a sounds.txt file you opened by object, use MagPlus'
SFX manager program instead.
If you never want to use hard coded sounds then either rename the file or remove the sounds in it or add a ';' to the start of any lines with
numbers in them.
Added right click menu to Objects tab to collapse or expand tree.

The summary tab has been updated to show which sounds are included from the Object tab. Marked as "OBJ".

A standard V130 Sounds.txt has been included in download but is not used by the program.

When you go to output SFX and SAM, if there are no lines with the current Wad association letters, you now
have the option to continue.

Fixed a memory leak bug when saving the SFX tab with wad letters. (Forgot to free a StringList)

The program was previously only tested on winXP but now I have win8.1 I discovered it wouldn't open files in program files due UAC.
The program should now read files from program files without the need to run as administrator.

Noticed that the wad tab and sfx tab were using hardcoded sound names and not those from the StandardSounds.txt. Changed this so if the user
modifies sound names in StandardSounds.txt, those names will be used in those two tabs as well.

Added code from my LevelSFXCreator program so that SFX and SAM files can be created from V130 Sounds.txt files.

Changed form for changing wad letters. Now can press enter to press OK button and added cancel button.
Wadletters will be stored in the ini file and so remembered next run of program.

Added Goto Sound/Line function

Changed RightClick menu addsound. Should now work for sounds.txt lines that have multiple associations. The added sound will be first.

TODO:
     Add Search function
     Add feature to add default PIT, RAD, CH, VOL values for a blank line.
     Add some error checking for sounds.txt
     Find and fix bug that sometimes places association letters without space next to sample name
     Add feature to format nicely any sounds.text file opened

Last edited by sapper; 19-03-14 at 05:36.
sapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-14, 08:30   #63
EssGee

Wow! You've got some great things going on there. I love that you can use a whole wad name rather than the old two letter default.
There's no doubt other hard-coded sounds associated with other slots. Perhaps in time they can all be catalogued.
EssGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-14, 14:01   #64
tombraider1703

So I downloaded the program and everything, and I have a wad where objects have missing sounds.. but I quite don't get how to fix the wad now with the problem.. I read the manual but I don't get what I need to do to fix the sounds... I'm feeling kinda stupid.. I never quite got these levelsfx things...

Nevermind: I got it.. It's pretty easy ^^ thanks for this really helpful program!!

Last edited by tombraider1703; 22-03-14 at 14:19.
tombraider1703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-14, 00:59   #65
raiderromero

what would we do without sapper ?

raiderromero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-14, 09:27   #66
sapper

New version - 1.1.

TRLESoundEditor11.zip

See Version_1_1 readme.txt in User Guide folder for changes.
Old 08-04-14, 08:36   #67
Caesum

Thanks for all these changes. I've already told you this before, but thanks to this new version my level has finally no missing sounds at all! It automatically finds everything you need in a level, there's no need to manually fix missing sounds anymore.

One thing for people who use this(and similar) programs: if you have a strange electric sound when Lara uses a PUZZLE_HOLE object disable this entry: 253-JOBY_ELECTRIC_INSERT.
Caesum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-14, 13:10   #68
Tombraider95

Everytime I save the sound.txt and create the SFX and SAM files for my wad, I copy them from the output folder into the graphics folder, yet when I reload the ?????sound.txt file in graphics folder all the changes I've made are gone.

nm I instead am saving it over the wad name text file.

However are the script.txt made for each WAD?

Last edited by Tombraider95; 05-11-14 at 15:05.
Tombraider95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-14, 00:52   #69
sapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombraider95 View Post
However are the script.txt made for each WAD?
Not sure what you mean here.
Old 05-01-15, 17:57   #70
psiko

this tool is really cool, and for something I needed to do, it was the simpliest way to achieve it.
I had to simply modify a radius of a sample, to 60 sectors.
this radius is fine in game and solves a problem I add with a certain global trigger, but this is not the question.
What I had is a fine wad that works perfectly with everything, exepct once I open any moveable in animation editor and I click on sound/add sound.
I get a runtime error for "out of range" message. I do not know if it is the value I modified (that 60 ), but maybe there's a bug to be solved..
I need that value, and in game it works, so I can't tell if wadmerger needs to modify anything to accept that value, if it's this case, or the v130 wads format needs a fixing, or if it's trle sound editor that has a problem

This tool anyhow really rocks.
psiko is offline   Reply With Quote