Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Old 01-07-18, 19:57   #21
Tyrannosaurus

I love Shelley Blond's performance in TR1. I think she nailed it. I would say she's my favorite Lara voice, and I sort of wish she'd remained in the franchise. I wonder what TR2, TR3, or TR4 would have sounded like with her voice. Except, of course, I'm not sure I could imagine her voicing Lara in AOD. I can't imagine anyone reading for that script except for Jonell Elliot.
Tyrannosaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-18, 10:48   #22
redfox45

I only wish they decided to let her talk more naturally. Her natural talking voice I feel is much more fitting for Lara, what it would take away in "poshness" it would more than make up for in sassyness and natural confidence.

Shelly has such a lovely and endearing way of talking and I feel it's kind of lost on her TR1 performance.
redfox45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-18, 12:05   #23
ostercy

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuits View Post
Am I the only one who thinks Shelley Blond is the best Lara V.A? I love listening to her talk. She has the perfect mix of calmness, wisdom, and class that the rest of the voice actresses seem to lack. She sounds snarky and witty, but without being too on the nose about it like Keeley.
She just sounds like she's having a good time and that she's in control of herself.
I agree
ostercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-18, 19:17   #24
Legends

Was there given a reason why they didn't continue with Shelly Blond after the first game?
Legends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-18, 19:46   #25
Yeauxleaux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legends View Post
Was there given a reason why they didn't continue with Shelly Blond after the first game?
I wondered too, it seems strange how none of Lara's actresses have ever survived more than 2 or 3 games maximum (barring Keeley, but her recent games have been so slept on, nobody notices them anyway).
Yeauxleaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-18, 20:34   #26
Aquabird

There's an interview with her here where she says she was unable to return for TR2 and 3, but that they did reuse her soundbites. She also says there was talk of bringing her back for a later game, presumably Legend, but they ended up picking Keeley as she was a famous name.
Aquabird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-18, 21:25   #27
aidanmalone

She's definitely my favourite one ever! TR1 is my favourite game and first love and I grew up with Shelley's voice, she's one of the few actresses who keeps in touch with the community and on Twitter, it's nice to be able to ask her questions and she happily replies!

She once said that it took her only 5 hours to record all her lines and sound effects. The actually asked her to do Anniversary too but it was easier to keep Keeley and Shelley respected that. I think she did effectively audition for TR2 too but the part ultimately went to Judith (who is lovely in real life).

Last edited by aidanmalone; 04-07-18 at 21:29.
aidanmalone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-18, 21:28   #28
NoahCrofRaider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquabird View Post
There's an interview with her here where she says she was unable to return for TR2 and 3, but that they did reuse her soundbites. She also says there was talk of bringing her back for a later game, presumably Legend, but they ended up picking Keeley as she was a famous name.
It’s such a shame Shelley wasn’t picked. I might’ve liked LAU Lara a little more if that happened.
NoahCrofRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-18, 21:32   #29
biscuits

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahCrofRaider View Post
It’s such a shame Shelley wasn’t picked. I might’ve liked LAU Lara a little more if that happened.
I think my problem with Keleey as Lara is that she sounded too soft and... motherly?
biscuits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-18, 21:35   #30
HarleyCroft

Oh jeeze I've never thought of it before but "motherly" perfectly describes Keeley take
Still love her though
HarleyCroft is offline   Reply With Quote