Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider III > The Lost Artifact

Old 15-10-18, 12:22   #51
fallenangle

Nice little Easter Egg I'd never read about before. Thanks.
fallenangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-18, 19:31   #52
Patrick Shannon

Here's a screenshot...

[IMG][/IMG]
Patrick Shannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-18, 19:33   #53
Samz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Shannon View Post
Here's a screenshot...

[IMG][/IMG]
I love little silly easter eggs like this.
Samz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-18, 19:24   #54
charmedangelin

So Sqeenix hasn't said anything about this yet?

Honestly it doesn't seem they care.
charmedangelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-18, 00:50   #55
Teeth

Have you tried asking them yourself? I hardly think they'll be browsing a sub-forum on TRF to see what fans are wondering about.

I've tried playing through it using the EXE for regular Tomb Raider 3 and it nearly works flawlessly...only you can't kill Sophia Leigh and therefore can't finish the game.

(The only other flaw is that a globe pops up after Sleeping With The Fishes, but as long as you pick South Pacific Islands the game continues as normal)

Otherwise I'd suggest just sharing the level files around and people with a TR3 installation could put it together themselves.

Last edited by Teeth; 10-11-18 at 00:51.
Teeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-18, 01:00   #56
charmedangelin

I ask because the issue was brought to Sqeenix by justin, but it seems Sqeenix hasn't replied yet.

I would share the files I have via PM, but I'd only do that if Justin says it's ok because I wouldn't want to get any serious violations on my account if it were found out I was sharing files via PM without approval from Justin in this case.

Sharing the level files could be a solution though, like TombATI, but still I'd like some guidance from a mod or Justin on this matter.

I'd love to share a ready to play version of this so people could just download and play like UB and GM.
charmedangelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-18, 05:06   #57
New Dwight
Inactive

You can just get it on nicoblog TLA. Boom easy.
New Dwight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-18, 14:34   #58
Teeth

Don't ban me for this admins, but...

...Maybe we should just interpret Square's silence as consent and get to releasing these levels? I mean, if they're allowing multiple TR2 remakes to go ahead...

If this were to happen and someone were to patch the TLA EXE to work without the CD, someone would also have to fix the problem with higher resolution settings.

Or alternatively, a TR3 EXE could be patched to remove the globe menu, make Sophia killable and trigger the credits after level 6 is completed.

Last edited by Teeth; 10-11-18 at 14:37.
Old 10-11-18, 14:41   #59
laravision

I'm not sure why the distribution of this games files are still considered a slippery slope type of scenario, when most of the required files have been shared on this forum in the past. One can simply make a new folder, and begin adding the required files (albeit from different sources) to this folder. Would this be frowned upon? At this point, TLA is basically abandonware, and Square don't seem to care, as evident by the fact that they haven't made it available for digital download, and they remain silent upon fans requests.

You'd only need a few files from the original TR3 installation such as the audio folder (TLA uses the same cdaudio.wad), the fmv folder with logo.rpl inside, and .dll files winplay, winstr, winsdec, dec130 and edec from the multipatch/GoG/Steam installs.

The images for the LA pix folder can be found here.

The actual Lost Artifact files themselves (data folder) have been provided on this forum for various fixes to textures and the Lara model etc.

The multipatcher utility never provided a No-CD TRA executable like it did for TR3, but a No-CD TRA executable has been posted multiple times over the last few years here. In addition to that, there also exists Arsunt's patch.

Last edited by laravision; 13-08-20 at 17:45.
laravision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-18, 14:44   #60
Teeth

Argh, I wish I knew Arsunt had made new EXEs before I replayed both of them all the way through!

...Oh well.

We could always just sticky a post like Laravision's at the top of this sub-forum and people can DIY their own setups?

Last edited by Teeth; 10-11-18 at 14:47.