Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Rise of the Tomb Raider

Old 07-02-17, 10:03   #1
Bookmonk

Question Feeling sick while playing

Hello

Recently i played Rise of the Tomb Raider for the pc at my brothers home. A short while ago he purchased a new computer that could smoothly play the game. As i was currious how the gameplay works etc he showed me it and i started playing for a while.

The very first time i played Rise of the Tomb Raider i didnt get a feeling of sickness at all, but when i played for the second time i began to feel having headache, feeling slightly ill and dizzy . I never had this before playing a game. Here is my theory:

I was playing the game on a quite large screen, wich im not used to look at. Playing in a small room where it was quite warm ( my brother is very fond of a nice and warm room). Also at the point of view and the depts inside the game, wich my brain couldnt handle any longer.

My question is: Does anyone else also having this issues when playing Rise of the Tomb Raider ?
Bookmonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-17, 10:28   #2
ThatSassyKid

You can turn off the motion blur and also I think you can turn off the shaky camera on PC. Don't quote me if I'm wrong, but I'm fairly certain you can. Turn both off and see if that helps
ThatSassyKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-17, 11:57   #3
Bookmonk

@ ThatSassyKid ;

And where exactly can i find those settings in the menu ? I could try and see if it helps. Thanks
Bookmonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-17, 21:02   #4
ThatSassyKid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookmonk View Post
@ ThatSassyKid ;

And where exactly can i find those settings in the menu ? I could try and see if it helps. Thanks
Should be in graphics settings, I would think. I'll have a look in the game for myself.

EDIT: Main menu > Settings > Gameplay
Motion Blur option is in Graphics settings

Last edited by ThatSassyKid; 15-02-17 at 21:07.
ThatSassyKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-17, 21:07   #5
Ward Dragon
Golden

I usually turn off motion blur and depth of field effects whenever I can. Both of those can make me dizzy if the game abuses them.
Ward Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-17, 23:28   #6
JoelCaesar

I'm assuming this has nothing to do with that eye tracking software for Rise that recently came out.
JoelCaesar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-17, 12:09   #7
Laralicious

I usually find that when I am playing games, it is my sister who is watching that struggles with motion sickness, and then vice versa. I always check the settings now for turning off motion blur however the PS4 version of Rise does not have this option.

The best thing we do is to sit straight in front of the screen, try and turn slowly in game and just get used to it.
Laralicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-17, 23:48   #8
Wooxman

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelCaesar View Post
I'm assuming this has nothing to do with that eye tracking software for Rise that recently came out.
That only works if you've a special device.

AFAIK motion sickness can be dependent on the framerate. Do you play the game on a weaker PC? You should turn on the FPS counter in Steam and check if the framerate is below 60.
Wooxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-17, 16:07   #9
Scottlee

I suffer from motion sickness during games. Some games anyway.

If it happens I just save up and play something else. I always keep several games ongoing for just such an occurance.

Happens to me mostly on GTA games, and also some of the newer Tomb Raiders. Games with lots of jolting about, I guess. It's never happened to me playing Lemmings or Football Manager.
Scottlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-17, 18:13   #10
Caesum

After reading the title I really thought this thread gonna be a "haterzz" rant about how bad the game is or something.

Anyway, I don't have that problem myself, but I heard that sometimes people have this problem when FOV is either too little or too big. Not sure if it can be altered though. Also some people feel sick when camera movements are too quick/shaky. Maybe try playing it with a gamepad?

Last edited by Caesum; 18-02-17 at 18:15.
Caesum is offline   Reply With Quote