Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider The Angel of Darkness

Old 08-10-14, 20:43   #11
ri_oh
Inactive

What a great read. Thank you for posting!

It's a tad depressing, hearing all the plans they had for the game. I've never been a diehard AoD fan. But listening to all the things they had planned, I can't help but feel let down they never came through. It sounds like they knew TR needed a new direction. And it sounds like they were excited to make a new kind of TR game.
ri_oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-14, 21:22   #12
Caesum

^ Because they really knew and were excited about it. They hated the old, stagnated feeling of classic TR. They wanted something new. Tomb Raider Next Generation was going to be a completely new series just for it, without TR in title.

The more I hear about TRAOD, the more I think it was going to be a game with gameplay style similar to PS3/X360 titles. RPG elements, downloadable content, cinematic gameplay etc. sound like characteristic elements of late PS3/X360 games.
Caesum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-14, 06:52   #13
rewak

They bought into the hype of what the PS2 claimed it would be capable of, and in some ways it was capable of things like DLC however that didn't come until late in the consoles life. They should have known not to expect the full power of the console to be available to them but they still talked like it would be.
rewak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-14, 11:28   #14
peeves

I had no idea that AOD was also gonna be on Xbox at first. That was very interesting to find out.
peeves is offline   Reply With Quote